• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Nintendo Direct 2013.6.11 - 11 pm Japan Time, 3 pm BST, 10 am EDT, 7 am PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondore

It's just going to be Other M 2. Sakamoto at the helm again.

//trying to slow the hype train
//and failing miserably

Since we are on topic of SSB4 Rumors. Did anyone remember one from 2011 before E3.

0J4A3.png
One of the very first thing I saw when I started to become active in Smash speculation. I knew all along that was fake.

Galang

Banned
Smash 4's version of the sub-space from Brawl will be like Kingdom Hearts written by a Tales Of writer in collaboration with Sakurai. And it will be glorious.

I'm hoping they don't waste their time on sub-space again.. but if it returns I hope it's highly revamped to be more interesting

I'm really surprised Nintendo doesn't use K. Rool more.. makes no sense to me. He's too iconic to be shafted so much
Weirdly enough him and the Kremlings have shown up in Mario party/sports games more than a couple times, though he was in the Konga and other DK spin-off games a bit. It's really just the mainline games where people want to do their own thing (EAD Tokyo with 'evil' Kongs, Retro with Tiki's) so it just seems like the kremlings have been out of commission longer than they really have. Also I guess K. Rool in Returns would have made it feel too much like a remake than a proper sequel?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back though, he's been voted for a ton for SSB4 and people raised up a stink when he wasn't in DKCR. Kremlings I can live without, but K. Rool's hilarious and easily one of the more memorable parts of the DKC trilogy. Dude needs his motherfucking blunderbuss though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If Nintendo really want to push Monolith it would likely to be with Kos-Mos. KM is without doubt Monolith's most well known character, one they continue to use and feature in games they work on and a way to also highlight the Namco Bandai connection.

If Namco is collabing it's likely they'll try to shoe in Reiji Arisu or the Xenosaga characters in some way. And Reiji is notorious for appearing in specific crossover games and has appeared on 3 of them now for Nintendo systems.

Beth Cyra

It's just going to be Other M 2. Sakamoto at the helm again.

//trying to slow the hype train
//and failing miserably

Take the pin away from the man and this is nothing but a good thing. Sakamoto is a fucking amazing game designer as several Metroid's have shown as well as things like Wario Ware and Tomodachi.

Just don't let him write it, and make the game the way he wants and we have a real winner on our hands.

If Namco is collabing it's likely they'll try to shoe in Reiji Arisu or the Xenosaga characters in some way. And Reiji is notorious for appearing in specific crossover games and has appeared on 3 of them now for Nintendo systems.

It depends if they want to highlight Monolith. As it stands Episode 1 has done better then all of Monolith's other games combined, and the others did decent. Beyond this Kos-Mos is Monolith's most featured character and one they are incredibly fond of.

SmokeMaxX

The name should be Super Smash Bros. Clash. I mean seriously, how many other decent sounding synonyms for altercation are there?

Lol I also thought about this same name a few days ago. There could be a clash mode (i.e. party mode) and a tournament mode. That'd appease fans of both styles.

Kjellson

I posted this in the SSB thread but since we're talking about it now, I might as well post my predictions of what newcomers we will see in the trailer:

Little Mac
Ridley
Shulk
Palutena
Some 3rd party character, my guess is either Mega Man or Bayonetta

Weirdly enough him and the Kremlings have shown up in Mario party/sports games more than a couple times, though he was in the Konga and other DK spin-off games a bit. It's really just the mainline games where people want to do their own thing (EAD Tokyo with 'evil' Kongs, Retro with Tiki's) so it just seems like the kremlings have been out of commission longer than they really have. Also I guess K. Rool in Returns would have made it feel too much like a remake than a proper sequel?

I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back though, he's been voted for a ton for SSB4 and people raised up a stink when he wasn't in DKCR. Kremlings I can live without, but K. Rool's hilarious and easily one of the more memorable parts of the DKC trilogy. Dude needs his motherfucking blunderbuss though.

dAMN IMagine some barrel bast level with HD... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh duuhh I came..

Shulk being in this would feel like a Christmas present.

What would also be nice would be a Xenoblade stage that does the Delfino Island thing where it goes all over the Bionis and Mechonis while stopping at various areas.

I'm hoping they don't waste their time on sub-space again.. but if it returns I hope it's highly revamped to be more interesting

If they revamp it it could be cool. Last time it was a waste. It need more actual Nintendo enemies and not stupid generic ones.

Volotaire

Meelow, people on the "All of a sudden, WiiU doesn't look as bad" thread are asking for a new topic. I'll leave it to you since i just stole your post to begin with, lol.

He's junior, he can't do it, and it's more attributed with price drops and web advertisements of sales websites such as Hotdeals UK.

Frolow

Banned
Palutena is the only certainty for Smash.
I doubt it. You
only see her fight once in Uprising, and all she really did was move around and shoot projectiles at you.

Now Magnus, on the other hand, would be a perfect fit for Smash in my opinion. A heavy, sword wielder like Magnus would make for a great counterpart to Link.

Galang

Banned
If they revamp it it could be cool. Last time it was a waste. It need more actual Nintendo enemies and not stupid generic ones.

Yeah really! Instead of making up enemies, it would be actually cool to have it based on actual worlds. I'm surprised they didn't go that route the first time

I doubt it. You
only see her fight once in Uprising, and all she really did was move around and shoot projectiles at you.

Now Magnus, on the other hand, would be a perfect fit for Smash in my opinion. A heavy, sword wielder like Magnus would make for a great counterpart to Link.

I like Magnus, but there are so many sword wielders to pick from that I'd prefer they avoided him as a character. :S

weepy

I'm hyped, but I'm trying to look at this from a realistic perspective. Here's what I think they'll have (and I hope I'm far off): They'll show an updated version of the "launch window" exclusives, followed by WiiU party and Wii Fit U, new Mario and Kart, and we'll get a glimpse of the new Smash Bros. All of those except Smash will be playable in some form. On to the 3rd parties: Wonderful 101 will have a new trailer with minimum upgrades, we may see Bayonetta 2 in trailer form, and a handful of Sega titles. Watch Dog and Rayman Legends will show and maybe, just maybe a surprise title but I don't expect anything else.

Malvingt2

Meelow, people on the "All of a sudden, WiiU doesn't look as bad" thread are asking for a new topic. I'll leave it to you since i just stole your post to begin with, lol.

if you are going to do it.. Take from Pal thread chart plus add Price cut to title.

Edit :MHU went up by 92 percent, ZombieU so a 250% increase and Mario U went up by 110%

I'm hyped, but I'm trying to look at this from a realistic perspective. Here's what I think they'll have (and I hope I'm far off): They'll show an updated version of the "launch window" exclusives, followed by WiiU party and Wii Fit U, new Mario and Kart, and we'll get a glimpse of the new Smash Bros. All of those except Smash will be playable in some form. On to the 3rd parties: Wonderful 101 will have a new trailer with minimum upgrades, we may see Bayonetta 2 in trailer form, and a handful of Sega titles. Watch Dog and Rayman Legends will show and maybe, just maybe a surprise title but I don't expect anything else.

TW101 and Bayonetta are first party.

Darryl

Banned
If Nintendo really want to push Monolith it would likely to be with Kos-Mos. KM is without doubt Monolith's most well known character, one they continue to use and feature in games they work on and a way to also highlight the Namco Bandai connection.

shulk is a big money nintendo/monolith project though and he'll probably become one of the handful of characters who will stay in smash for generations to come. prior recognition be damned, it is in their best interest to include him

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I doubt it. You

Magnus was tailored for Smash.

I assume it would be Pit/Dark Pit, Palutena, Magnus, Medusa or Hades.

I can dream right?

GILGAMESH, or a character from the Mario Sports games(White/Black Mage, Ninja, etc.) has a higher chance then that XIII character.

Meelow

Banned

Well I'm a junior right now so I can't make any thread lol, if you guys want to post it than that's fine by me but I just people don't try to twist it in a negative way, I also think that Xbox One comment in the quote my cause some problems but I have no idea.

I've been a junior member for a few months now, it would be nice if I got un-juniored though lol.

But that's only if a mod feels I am worthy of being back a full member.

Lloyd Irving is more likely than some people would think. Remember, the Tales producer has expressed interest in having a Tales rep for Smash whereas there is no interest expressed so far for Pac-Man.

I know it's just one case, but considering that it's one against zero, Namco working on the game and that Tales mechanic's shares similarities with Smash, I think it's more likely that if Namco gets a rep, they will push for a Tales character than anyone else.

Now I myself have doubts about a Namco rep coming in, but a Tales rep (specifically Lloyd or Cress Albane) has a better shot than people give them credit for.

Volotaire

Well I'm a junior right now so I can't make any thread lol, if you guys want to post it than that's fine by me but I just people don't try to twist it in a negative way, I also think that Xbox One comment in the quote my cause some problems but I have no idea.

I've been a junior member for a few months now, it would be nice if I got un-juniored though lol.

But that's only if a mod feels I am worthy of being back a full member.

How long you been here, 3 months?

Beth Cyra

shulk is a big money nintendo/monolith project though and he'll probably become one of the handful of characters who will stay in smash for generations to come. prior recognition be damned, it is in their best interest to include him

Shulk is not big money.

As it stands he could possibly become it, but as it stands he's not. Kos-Mos has been featured in games that have moved over a million copies, has several Figures/Toys dedicated to her and a huge fanbase.

As it is, Monolith continues to work with this Character, and as far as Big Money, and who could push Smash to a wider range of people, Kos-Mos trashes Shulk with ease at this point.

Lloyd Irving is more likely than some people would think. Remember, the Tales producer has expressed interest in having a Tales rep for Smash whereas there is no interest expressed so far for Pac-Man.

I know it's just one case, but considering that it's one against zero, Namco working on the game and that Tales mechanic's shares similarities with Smash, I think it's more likely that if Namco gets a rep, they will push for a Tales character than anyone else.

Now I myself have doubts about a Namco rep coming in, but a Tales rep (specifically Lloyd or Cress Albane) has a better shot than people give them credit for.

One game? Kos-Mos has been in like 9 games on Nintendo's platforms, her creators and writers work for Nintendo and she is very popular. Also, she likely won't be seeing an exlusive HD release on a Sony platformright before Smash ships.

Meelow

Banned
How long you been here, 3 months?

I made my account March 2012 and I got accepted on since July 2012, I got juniored membered months ago though, but that's only because I posted too much threads at a small time (I was so used to other boards that I forgot), I've learned my lesson though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom