• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Pokemon X and Y Presentation/Q&A (June 11, 6PM PT)

Somnid

I think it would be pretty awesome if Nintendo does a bunch of lengthy direct feed walkthroughs of their E3 stuff. The Animal Crossing one seemed really well-received.

Raika

Watch the presentation and be spoiled to death or avoid the Internet like a plague to be thoroughly surprised by the actual game. Decisions.

Hoodbury

90 minutes seems a little excessive. No matter how thrilling, I imagine everyone will be bored by the end.

That's what I was thinking, how can they talk about Pokemon for so long? 30 minutes on diagonal walking?

I think it's fine one of their biggest sellers get's it's own presentation or whatever this will be, but come on, that game will sell no matter what. Show some focus on what needs some major help - Wii U.

Davey Cakes

It's Pokemon. Why does it need 1.5 hours?

I'd rather see that kind of time dedicated to...pretty much EVERY other Nintendo property.

And I'm a Pokemon fan.

Revven

Masuda-san will be here?
Bombs will be dropped indeed.

ib2kO2VRtcGoz9.gif

Penguin

It's Pokemon. Why does it need 1.5 hours?

I'd rather see that kind of time dedicated to...pretty much EVERY other Nintendo property.

And I'm a Pokemon fan.

I imagine probably because the first 3D Pokemon and want to talk about the transition.

Also, didn't Nintendo put up videos of these presentations (cut up) last year?

HardRojo

Nintendo's making it hard to keep my media blackout... They really want me to know more about X & Y even though I'll get them anyway!
Not complaining

By the way, I read somewhere that diagonal movement will be possible in X & Y, has this been confirmed? If so, biggest improvement in six generations!!

serplux

Nintendo's making it hard to keep my media blackout... They really want me to know more about X & Y even though I'll get them anyway!
Not complaining

By the way, I read somewhere that diagonal movement will be possible in X & Y, has this been confirmed? If so, biggest improvement in six generations!!

Well...do you wanna keep your media blackout or not? :p

Davey Cakes

Believe it or not but one does not negate the other.
They don't negate each other but Pokemon is pretty much more of a given than every other Nintendo game. People know mostly what to expect, so dedicating a long presentation to X&Y seems a bit silly when Pokemon doesn't need that sort of attention.

I'd rather see an in-depth look at all of the upcoming Wii U and 3DS content, separate from the flow of information that we get out of the Direct.

A mere list of information on what makes this Pokemon game different from its predecessors would be enough to appease anybody. It's everything else that we're all dying to see.

I don't mean to complain, but if X&Y doesn't represent some massive revolution in Pokemon games then all of this attention seems unnecessary.

Anth0ny

this is surprising.

I'd love to see a 90 minute presentation for Smash Bros. I'm sure Sakurai and team could easily fill 90 minutes talking about the new gameplay mechanics and vision for the 3DS/Wii U Smash.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They don't negate each other but Pokemon is pretty much more of a given than every other Nintendo game. People know mostly what to expect, so dedicating a long presentation to X&Y seems a bit silly when Pokemon doesn't need that sort of attention.

Well, there's pretty much already a huge speculation on typing, etc.

"What type is Syl...."

"IS PIKACHU IN THE GAME?"

I always wonder if the people asking the questions aren't into Pokemon lol

Javier

90 minutes?! Holy shit, what are they going to do? Reveal every Pokemon? XD

Can't... control... too much... hype...

zroid

Banned
Is this the first time they've been to E3? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.

Probably, considering in the past marketing Pokémon in the West has always been tricky due to the long localization delay. They're really going all-out this time. Gotta sell those 3DSes!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Probably, considering in the past marketing Pokémon in the West has always been tricky due to the long localization delay. They're really going all-out this time. Gotta sell those 3DSes!

So they're gonna explain how they do their current objective of worldwide release, making it like an Iwata Asks?

Top Bottom