• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA and Visceral Games Announce Battlefield Hardline Premium

Fbh

I have a few friends that play mostly BF and they were pretty happy with Premium. At least in BF4 it sounds that if you mostly play BF it does offer good value for the price.

But the priority position in queues is BS.
"Sorry, you'll have to wait to enter this game because you didn't decide to spend $110 on the game"

lordxar

Of course I'm hostile to the idea of season passes. I wasn't born yesterday; I actually remember a time when games had content, and any further content release actually added to the package. Today, though? Companies like EA, Activision & Capcom are taking content that was already made for final retail release and locking it away to be sold later, even when that content already exists on the disc. Who in their right mind would want to pay the $20-50 it costs to pay for content that was stripped out? Especially from companies who aren't even guaranteed to have the damn game working out the box if reputation is considered?

Imagine buying a movie on DVD only to find out that some scenes were stripped out of the theatre version just so they can sell a collector's edition before the vanilla DVD even hit shelves. Or even worse, imagine the company that made the movie creating a season pass for their film, drip-feeding the content that was stripped from the final version over the course of a set amount of time. EVEN WORSE, imagine the DVD didn't work as advertised. It seems absurd with movies, right?

The above scenario is what we're dealing with in the gaming industry.

So yeah... I'm pretty adverse to the concept of season passes.

That's not how criticism works. Every game exists in its own vacuum, even if they occupy the same genre. Therefore COD's season pass values =/= BF's season pass values, and should be judged differently.

Your not helping your argument at all. Companies are allowed to build other content at a later date and charge for it. If the game shipped with 3 maps for $60 and charged $50 for the rest then yes your argument would hold water however vanilla BF games come with plenty of value as do CODs. That whoosh sound was my point flying over your head. I'm not comparing BF to COD I'm comparing a business decision made on my part to buy one pass but not another. If you don't see a value why come bitch at us about it or worse yet argue it? Besides, what does your personal season pass ideology have to do with Hardline?

Dr Prob

Banned
Let me just go ahead and stop you here, because I always see this kind of nonsense sentiment on Gaming Side...

This is the same logic that Xbone fanboys used when defending the Xbone's initial policies, saying things like "NONE OF YOU GUYS ARE BUYING THE XBOX ONE ANYWAYS SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING???" Trying to quiet the dissent of others just because, unlike you apparently, they don't shell out money for things without questioning the value first, or considering the past habits of the people making the game, is silly at best, absolutely petty at worst.

Wouldn't simply accepting the fact that people familiar with the series feel that Premium provides good value be less silly and petty than positing that the only thing they love more than stupidly throwing money away is quieting dissent?

Going to have to go ahead and stop you there. He asked a reasonable question, as some things in this thread simply don't track (Post #153 for example).

Anyway, between Hardline's 4-5 month delay, BF4's continued support and Battlefront looming on the horizon this seems like a tough sell.

Top Bottom