• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Announces The Sims 4 is Coming to XB1/PS4 on November 17th

jmizzal

Let's nip this in the bud before it gets out of control:

EA and Nintendo generally do not play nice. A Switch version isn't happening.

You can count EA's support of Nintendo platforms over the last five years on one hand with fingers to spare.

I can see it happening maybe next year, this is the kinda EA game I can see them investing in on Switch, more then their AAA shooters that they might have to scale down., Sims and Sports games will make sense.

Lucifon

Preordered! Already have it on PC along with a bunch of packs, mainly for the other half, but can see myself playing this on console. Will be nice to have something different as a change of pace from the big shooters this year.

Hope it gets XBX support.

Any word on expansions...?

Let's nip this in the bud before it gets out of control:

EA and Nintendo generally do not play nice. A Switch version isn't happening.

You can count EA's support of Nintendo platforms over the last five years on one hand with fingers to spare.

Agreed. They are one of the least favorable, if not the least favorable major western publishers for Nintendo. I think they are waiting to see how FIFA does and that's it. 2K originally had NBA2K and added WWE2K before the former was released, I would assume based on strong Switch sales. With EA, it's FIFA strong sales or bust.

Bizzquik

Any word on expansions...?

I'm curious as to this, too.
Based on the earlier Microsoft Store listing, we know that the game is not launching with much DLC - if any. That makes me wonder about future DLC release plans; I think that's actually the end-game here.

I think EA will finally adopt the Games as Service method that is all the rage now on the console space and that has already worked so well for the series over on the PC side.

Quarterly DLC ports, perhaps? Probably over-priced for my taste, but I think it would find an audience on consoles - particularly on Xbox if there is an incentive through EA Access. We'll see.

Keinning

pre-order up for xbawks
two releases - one being "deluxe party". both don't seem to have any of the expansion packs or game packs though, just the DLC item stuff that came with preorders for deluxe party pack

i hope i'm wrong though

Astral Dog

I'm ready. PS4 here I come.

tenor.gif

Would love a Switch version
Not powerful enough to handle the Sims

From the official site:

It won't stop there either! Upon The Sims 4's release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November, Maxis and the team at Blind Squirrel Games plan on revisiting our current lineup of extra DLC to bring over some of the best experiences to console on a regular basis, but we plan to start providing players periodic game updates that mirrors some of the latest content we've released for PC, delivering new features, and continuing to improve your game experience.

So it looks like it will be getting stuff packs and whatnot, potentially expansion packs too, but there is an awful amount of the word "some" there which suggests that maybe not all content is coming?

RuhRo

Is this actually worth playing now, or is it still a pale imitation of the Sims 2/3?

If it's now been fixed up enough to be a solid entry in the series, and those improvements make it over to the console port, I could see a lot of people biting on this - myself included.

Man I know a lot of people would kill for a Sims game on Switch with the portability and all. EA going to EA though, maybe in another 2 years

DMVfan123

Banned
I was just thinking about why their hasn't been a Sims on next-gen yet, especially because of the social features on PS4

Effect

I can see it happening maybe next year, this is the kinda EA game I can see them investing in on Switch, more then their AAA shooters that they might have to scale down., Sims and Sports games will make sense.
I would argue one shouldn't even think this. Better to expect nothing at all. Don't even allow the smallest possibility to get through. Nothing from EA will come and FIFA is just a one off. People need to repeat that to themselves over and over again.

I haven't played a Sims game in ages, so I'll be down to play this once it's free on EA Access. I wonder what the achievement/trophy list will be like...

Staf

Well i won't be playing any games after that date or see my GF, she loves this stuff. Thanks EA, homewrecker...

so now people can walk through their living rooms and have a momentary glimpse inside of other, happier family living rooms

fuck dude EA needs to teach a 400 level class called Innovations in Modern Sadness

Remember the good old days when your loved ones would simply retreat to a little computer nook to become a ruthless, faceless demigod -- obsessed with the travails and torments of an innocent family of their own creation? Remember how they laughed and cried as their creations toiled and expired in a sadistic, Sisyphean Ouroboros? Now this is all happening on the big TV during SportsCenter. Thankfully America's not burdened with an armed, mentally unstable electorate, who knows what would happen?

Tagyhag

Neat, I wonder if they'll allow the marketplace for others to put their creations.

How was Sims 3 on consoles?

Yes! I'm in! So glad to finally play this game! Looks like it's gonna be the full Sims 4 experience instead of a trimmed down one like before with previous Sims on console games.

Hah, ironically Sims 4 is extremely trimmed down compared to other Sims games. Gotta sell those content packs!

Neat, I wonder if they'll allow the marketplace for others to put their creations.

Hah, ironically Sims 4 is extremely trimmed down compared to other Sims games. Gotta sell those content packs!
Well first to answer your question there were things taken out of the console release. Plus load times were really bad if I recall correctly. Worse than the PS2 Sims games at least. It made me not buy it at the end.

Also, looking at your response to my post, D'OH!!!

Sandfox

The main things that were missing from pre Sims games and brought backwere given away for free though from what I remember.

bitbydeath

How do these typically run on console? On PC the performance decreases with each content pack which really sucks.

Also any swimming pools yet?

If cheap I might buy.

How do these typically run on console? On PC the performance decreases with each content pack which really sucks.

Also any swimming pools yet?

If cheap I might buy.

Swimming pools were added not long after the game came out.

Normally these games on consoles are completely separate entities that ran ok, maybe a bit slow. The Sims 3 was the closest to the PC version, but was pretty bad after a while from what I heard.

The Sims 4's performance on PC hasn't gotten worse with each pack from what I can tell. It was immediately obvious with 3 and its expansions, but I've not had any issues with 4 so far.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The Sims 4 didn't exactly set the world on fire when it released, though I have no idea if later patches and expansion packs have made it more desirable.

Sandfox

The Sims 4 didn't exactly set the world on fire when it released, though I have no idea if later patches and expansion packs have made it more desirable.
It's a lot better now, but it still has issues and some of them can't simply be fixed by adding content.

xrnzaaas

Surprising news I was under the impression that EA abandoned the Sims series. I still think Sims 5 ain't happening or at least not as a proper big budget title.

Dadasch

Wait...

they port Sims 4 three years after the initial launch on PC and don't even bother adding all DLCs (or good portion of them for that matter) to one big "Complete Edition"? Three years...

I feel like that's something only EA would do. AFAIK Mass Effect Trilogy had it too.

bitbydeath

Swimming pools were added not long after the game came out.

Normally these games on consoles are completely separate entities that ran ok, maybe a bit slow. The Sims 3 was the closest to the PC version, but was pretty bad after a while from what I heard.

The Sims 4's performance on PC hasn't gotten worse with each pack from what I can tell. It was immediately obvious with 3 and its expansions, but I've not had any issues with 4 so far.

Thanks, haven't played since 3.

There were swimming pools in the trailer.

It was on my to-do list.

Rellik

I played The Sims on PS2 for a lot of hours so may try this one.

I have a gaming PC but I don't think they have controller support there? And I have no interest in gaming at my desk.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This year, we have these on consoles (PS4/XBO):

- Constructor (it's out now)
- Cities: Skylines
- Sims 4

Kinda exciting for Sim fans.

MarkusRJR

Hopefully it's not a buggy mess like Sims 3 on console. I feel life every console version of Sims 3 was a complete buggy mess.

This year, we have these on consoles (PS4/XBO):

- Constructor (it's out now)
- Cities: Skylines
- Sims 4

Kinda exciting for Sim fans.

Yeah, I really need to catch up on all the stuff I've missed on consoles. Still got an unplayed copy of Tropico 5 sitting there and there's a few more that I need to grab.

Fred-87

Aww I thought this was announced for Switch too

Yes dissapointing. I dont have the patience to play such a game on my tv. I rather play a story based game or something more deep. But the sims4 is perfect to play in bed or to play on your desk while being doing computer stuff. Shame

Not Drake

I'm not paying the full price for it, but might pick it up once it's heavily discounted. I haven't played The Sims in years.

Top Bottom