• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA at it again: Want a new gun in BF: Bad Company? Pay us.

Odrion said:
bububububu I thought EA has changed their evil ways
eadeathstar.jpg

RobertM

I have my doubts when it comes to BF: Bad Company. It looks and sounds good (on paper), but I feel like the single player will be tacked on.

As long as people keep buying it, these companies are going to keep churning this type of stuff out. No surprises here and it will probably get worst from here.

FFChris

I don't understand the hate. This is a free beta we are getting to play, and no one is forcing you to buy the guns.

If the retail game is like this (it isn't, is it?) then there is a problem.

Victrix

*beard*
FFChris said:
I don't understand the hate. This is a free beta we are getting to play, and no one is forcing you to buy the guns.

Dude, what?

DrXym

FFChris said:

Beta means feature complete. If weapons are locked it is for a reason.

XonoX

Metal Gear?! said:
Name: Level 4 Weapon Bundle
Available in: All regions
Price: 400 Points
Dash Details: Get the ability to buy five of the most powerful weapons in the game. You still have to buy the weapons separately in-game from arms dealers, but if you do, you’ll have one of the most feared arsenals in the mob world. Check the individual weapon descriptions for arms dealer locations.

No wait, not the actual items for your 400 m$ points, just the ability to buy them :/

epmode

I've never regretted anything more than buying that horse armor way back when.

I'm sorry for ruining videogames.

epmode

I do. God help me I do.

(but I've been clean ever since! Haven't even bought the Halo maps and I sure as hell won't buy the COD4 maps)

FFChris said:

2461glf.jpg

FFChris

Victrix said:
Dude, what?

I could understand if it was just a way of making money from the beta.

The fact that they are going to actually pull this shit in game is terrible. Having to buy your way to the top of the game? Fuck that.

Monsterland said:

Hey, I just thought it was for the beta. I didn't expect EA to pull this kind of shit in a full game, especially a really anticipated one.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
saelz8 said:
It's only for clothing in BF:Heroes.
No, I don't think that's correct. I'm fairly certain that Shawn Elliot had mentioned on the Brodeo that there was a "perk" (that you could purchase) that increases the rate at which you would gain experience. Perhaps that was just a hypothetical example that he was giving, though.

FFChris

epmode said:
I don't think you're entirely clear on what a beta is supposed to accomplish.

Ugh. Look, I'm pretty sure what a beta is supposed to do.

All I thought, and hoped, was that EA would have locked the weapons just in a beta to make a bit of profit, after all, it's being given out for free.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
FFChris said:
Ugh. Look, I'm pretty sure what a beta is supposed to do.

All I thought, and hoped, was that EA would have locked the weapons just in a beta to make a bit of profit, after all, it's being given out for free.
No, this statement makes it pretty clear that you aren't getting it. A beta is supposed to act as a service to the developer and publisher, either through finding bugs or by stress testing the software or infrastructure. Using a beta (basically a free means of testing out their product before they put it up for sale) as a commerce tool would certainly be no better than this junk being in the final retail product.

ShinAmano

swander said:
Bungie should make Recon buyable for $100 on the Marketplace.
Funny thing...if they were to release a skin for Half Jaw that could be used in multi and campaign I would pay $20 easy for it.

Migu

It's more realist like that: the rich can buy the better guns, the poor will have to make do with what they get on the battlefield. War is not always won by the people with more skills.

Zer0

Banned
Migu said:
It's more realist like that: the rich can buy the better guns, the poor will have to make do with what they get on the battlefield. War is not always won by the people with more skills.

even that its not realistic all the gear a marine can wear on irak (a lot of money) vs a rpg (2 bucks) from and insurgent

senahorse

FlyinJ said:
However, they mentioned that "other things" were going to cost money.

I've always been suspicious of this. I'm willing to bet it's going to be "Hey, here's a whole island you can free drive around on!" Then when you pull up to an intersection to start an event, out slides the XB Marketplace blade.

:lol thanks I just spat coffee on my screen

Migu said:

Dude, you don't pay full price for a game that's incomplete.

And "the poor" still have to pay the same price, so your defense for this is stupid.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I was ignoring this thread, because I somehow thought it referred to the free microtransaction fueled Battlefield game they're making.

But Bad Company?

Hahaha..oh dear.

I really dislike the direction gaming is heading.

Pay for extra maps, extra weapons, extra shit?

I makes me sick. GAmes are expensive anyway so they just push it further.

nestea

Do people really think EA is going to remove the DLC in the retail product, thus screwing over the pigeons that actually bought their DLC in the first place. Every person that bought the content in the beta is a guaranteed purchase of the game, and the people most likely to spend retarded amounts of money on DLC for the game after it's release. They wouldn't want to scare the pigeons away.

Basically, you are paying for a game and you are expected to pay more to be able to compete and actually enjoy yourself online. It is extremely sketchy, although completely legal.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is a pass for me now. Too bad, I thought it looked pretty fun...

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
SNUG REVOL said:
Sure do. Plus all the weapons are FREE.

Oh, -1 sale for Bad Company.
Im gonna play the hell out of the beta :p
psssst ... this is a EA-hate and Bad Company thread. Move along with your FL:FoW talk.
;-)

f3niks

FlyinJ said:
It's kind of amazing.

It's like EA and Activision are squatting over gamer's faces, and seeing how much shit they can spray into their customer's faces the fastest.

And Gamestop is sitting in the corner with their hand down the front of their pants watching.

:lol :lol

rSpooky

Well other then my one purchase of Burnout paradise, seems like my EA boycott continues.

The only EA stuff I purchase is used and no DLC.

It is really getting out of hand, I have no trouble paying for a great new expansion of a game that greatly increases it's content ( shivering isles for example). But purposely withholding content of a game so they charge you more is just to much.

So now we pay a premium price (60$) because "development costs are sooo high" ( but wait what about the PC versions??) for and INCOMPLETE game.. with out of place in game advertising (another thing I cannot understand so many people seems to be ok with) and charges to access some of the content that is on already on the disc you just payed 60$ .for.

FUck that

Hey here is an idea... why not release a game with tons of bugs and glitches in it and then charge people for the patch to fix those. Enormous Assholes

Top Bottom