• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA breaks promise of including BF 1943 with the PS3 version of BF3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Foliorum Viridum said:
I don't understand why. 43 can't be selling well on PS3. Just dump it on the disc?

I thinking either:

A: they said "fuck it, why bother"

or

B: they might have plans to nuke the BF1943 servers in the not-to-distant future, and didn't want to catch flak from all the suckers who bought BF3 on PS3

DGRE

Banned
Wow that's super shady. Please DICE. I want to love your games unabashedly but you do crap like this (and the 360 servers debacle) that makes it seriously difficult at times.

Mooreberg

I thought the early access to expansions was announced a long, long time ago as a counter to Microsoft being so cozy with Activision. But yeah, the idea that people are being given the "privilege" to spend more money earlier is retarded to begin with.

JJD

I already own 1943 and have defended EA here on some occasions, but this is bullshit. The 1 week exclusivity (LOL) was announced a long time ago, before 1943 was confirmed to be missing from the PS3 version.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
That's awful from both publishers. Big fat shame not much can be done against it.

Also, after 1943 had a shitton of sales EA didn't bother to bring much more content out for it either. So yeah, we get fucked and love it :)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Htown said:
Clearly they thought you would forget.

They sure did, and not a single gaming website has brought this up outside of that one I posted the link to.

I can see the headlines. "EA tweets no promised PS3 Battlefield 3 bonus after game is already on store shelves".

If word spreads then maybe then we'll see a reaction from EA.

Massa

Speaking of this I haven't seen a retailer confirm the promised free AC1 in AC: Revelations either. In fact a retailer here in Brazil confirmed it wouldn't have it, and the disc content here tends to be identical to the NA versions of pretty much any game.

StuBurns

Banned
Massa said:
Speaking of this I haven't seen a retailer confirm the promised free AC1 in AC: Revelations either. In fact a retailer here in Brazil confirmed it wouldn't have it, and the disc content here tends to be identical to the NA versions of pretty much any game.
Bizarre, I wonder if BioShock comes thru.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As an outsider looking in, the BF3 launch is the biggest clusterfuck of any big game I've seen in a while. So much shit swirling in the air around the game.

kamspy said:
Isn't Wake Island the only map in 1943? Isn't Wake Island in Back to Karkand pack?

There's 3 maps and Wake Island is one of them. Wake Island is also in the Back to Karkand pack.

And I thought they already killed off the BF1943 servers. I tried playing 360 version several times last week and it couldn't connect to EA servers.

inky

Shows how much videogame companies think of players as drug addicts when their way to say "sorry" is to let you give them money earlier than other people. What dicks, lol.

Heysoos

crimsonheadGCN said:
There's 3 maps and Wake Island is one of them. Wake Island is also in the Back to Karkand pack.

And I thought they already killed off the BF1943 servers. I tried playing 360 version several times last week and it couldn't connect to EA servers.

Technically is 4 with the Air Superiority map, and yeah it's still up. Played it this weekend. (360)

epmode

enzo_gt said:
As an outsider looking in, the BF3 launch is the biggest clusterfuck of any big game I've seen in a while. So much shit swirling in the air around the game.
But at least it came out before Modern Warfare 3!

R2D4

Banned
The same Battlefield 1943 that came out two years ago? Oh ok. Why would you play that anyway when you can play Battlefield 3?

Cruzader

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I don't understand why. 43 can't be selling well on PS3. Just dump it on the disc?
It sold well on psn. Price is already at $10 and was given out with BC2, not sure wtf happened.

Mooreberg

R2D4 said:
The same Battlefield 1943 that came out two years ago? Oh ok. Why would you play that anyway when you can play Battlefield 3?
I always wondered why it was a bonus with Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition instead of just waiting for Vietnam to be finished. EA does a lot of weird, useless shit.

If they're swapping 1943 for early DLC release, then Sony must have had some agreement with them in the first place. And there was me thinking adding 1943 was just them being nice to PS3 owners.

I didnt understand why they initially decided to give it away for free in the first place. It was included in bad company two and was only 10 bucks on psn., but if they promised to include something, they should have followed through with it.

Tron 2.0

Spike said:
The devs have to keep food on their table. How can they do this by giving away a free game?

At least they are giving you a whole week of early access to their map pack expansions. Make sure you buy them as soon as they are available so that they can guarantee funding on their next project.
Yes, and I would add that if game reviewer's loved the industry they would give every game a 10. Don't they realize that developers' bonuses are tied to their Metacritic scores? If you want more games, you have to support the industry.

Also, if you borrow a game from a friend you're literally taking food out of the mouths of developer's children.

Max

I am not Max
Wait...

What does 1943 have that BF3 doesn't? Not trying to sound like a dick but I'm just wondering why anyone would rather play an arcade spin-off over a mothership title.

I understand how this would make people mad about a promise being broken.

Max said:
Wait...

What does 1943 have that BF3 doesn't? Not trying to sound like a dick but I'm just wondering why anyone would rather play an arcade spin-off over a mothership title.

I understand how this would make people mad about a promise being broken.
1943 was awesome, that's what it has.

Cruzader

Banned
franknbeans said:
I didnt understand why they initially decided to give it away for free in the first place. It was included in bad company two and was only 10 bucks on psn., but if they promised to include something, they should have followed through with it.
EA and Sony partnerships. They did it with MoH and Dead Space 2 so they were probably trying to continue that thing with their retail release of BF3. I'm not sure it was for the best as 1943 sold alot and most hardcore users or bf fans had it already.

PaulLFC

"Uh yeah, we were gonna give you something for free, but we can't be arsed / are too cheap, so instead, how about early access to stuff you have to PAY for? How's that sound? Enjoy!".

That tweet actually makes it sound as if gamers should be grateful about being able to give EA their money early...

Yagharek

PaulLFC said:
"Uh yeah, we were gonna give you something for free, but we can't be arsed / are too cheap, so instead, how about early access to stuff you have to PAY for? How's that sound? Enjoy!".

That tweet actually makes it sound as if gamers should be grateful about being able to give EA their money early...

Indeed. Very obnoxious from EA & Dice.

Mooreberg

strem said:
Oh how nice they are! Giving PS3 users a chance to spend more money a week early. What a joke.
That is the counter to bragging rights of people able to give Activision more money ealier if you are on Xbox 360. Things have tumbled down the hill quite a way from arguments over which shooter was getting the best free mods.

sleepykyo

Mooreberg said:
That is the counter to bragging rights of people able to give Activision more money ealier if you are on Xbox 360. Things have tumbled down the hill quite a way from arguments over which shooter was getting the best free mods.

There's a pretty big difference between a week later and 3 months later. 3 months later and people have moved on to the next game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ovag1v7oc.gif

Top Bottom