• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA breaks promise of including BF 1943 with the PS3 version of BF3

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Thanks for making the decision to only pick up MW3 as my multiplayer FPS this season easier for me EA.

RandomVince said:
You're on crack if you think they would do that. :p
Haha. Very nice.
They're busy defending themselves on twitter at the moment.
Wait, somebody said something bad about their game on twitter. To the conservatory! ...because that's where my computer is

StuBurns

Banned
Heshinsi said:
Thanks for making the decision to only pick up MW3 as my multiplayer FPS this season easier for me EA.
Out of interest, is that because you wanted '43, or as a punishment for the takesy backsies?

In all honesty, despite this being a pretty poorly made move by EA, 1943 has been out for years now and has been on sale NUMEROUS times. If you have any interest in playing it, you would have when the servers were flooded.

Yagharek

Mr. B Natural said:
Haha. Very nice.
They're busy defending themselves on twitter at the moment.
Wait, somebody said something bad about their game on twitter. To the conservatory! ...because that's where my computer is

You have a conservatory? 0_o

How about a butler? Prim hedges on a vast sprawling acreage in rural England perchance?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I did a Google search, and found that some websites are finally running stories on this. Looking forward to getting home so I can see what others are saying about this.

Older game or not, I don't feel consumers should let any publisher off the hook for something like this.

Majanew

Banned
Like EA and DICE give a shit. BF3 has most likely already sold millions and people will continue to buy EA/DICE games. I got the 360 version, so all I got from EA/DICE is a lot of screen-tearing.

Xater

StuBurns said:
Out of interest, is that because you wanted '43, or as a punishment for the takesy backsies?

I would like to know this as well because on PS3 you have to wait for COD DLC.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Momo said:
EA:

-hype cake
-take cake away
-give lemon instead
you mean hype cake, take cake, present lemon and demand payment for lemon.

I don't like cake, but I do like lemons, so this analogy doesn't work for me :|

Igo

I thought Sony signed a deal with EA for early exclusive dlc in certain franchises early this year. That shouldn't have anything to do with DICE and EA not shipping 1943 with BF3.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Kyoufu said:
Does anyone even give a shit about 1943 when they're buying BF3?

So if UBI Soft decides to follow EA's lead, and go back on their promise of free Assassin's Creed to all PS3 owners who buy the new AC game day one, that's ok? I mean, older game right?

Bah, they're just a bunch of gamers. Doesn't matter how you treat them, they'll keep coming back.

The_Monk

Just saw this, too bad. I never had the chance to play it and I was looking for it.

I actually was watching the cover on my PS3 pre-order and thinking, "hmm they did not put a nota saying: Includes BF 1943 like they did in the Medal of Honor for the PS3..."

There is absolutely no hopes now to get it, right? =/

Cheech

Hahaha. After all the launch say issues with this game, people are concerned about losing out on a two year old downloadable game? That most fans of the series already own? Really?

Shurs

Cheech said:
Hahaha. After all the launch say issues with this game, people are concerned about losing out on a two year old downloadable game? That most fans of the series already own? Really?

I wish 1943 was included with my 360 copy so I would have been able to play some sort of Battlefield game on launch night.

What a mess this game is.

Omikaru

Cheech said:
Well they did promise it. There is a principle to it, you know.

-PXG-

I really wish GAF would stop confusing developers with publishers. It really gets on my fucking nerves.

Blame EA (maybe Sony too) for this shit. DICE only made the game. All marketing, pricing and release scheduling is EA's domain.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Cheech said:

At least I could've gotten online with that BF game!

Kyoufu

ShinUltramanJ said:
So if UBI Soft decides to follow EA's lead, and go back on their promise of free Assassin's Creed to all PS3 owners who buy the new AC game day one, that's ok? I mean, older game right?

Bah, they're just a bunch of gamers. Doesn't matter how you treat them, they'll keep coming back.

I personally wouldn't give a shit if I got AC1 or not. I'd never play it.

I'm not defending this, but it's like being promised a side order of camel dung free with your meal, and being disappointed you're not getting it.

Withnail

This is a shitty move. While people can claim this is no big deal it was a pretty sweet incentive, BF1943 is a great game in its own right and it offers something slightly different to BF3. Not everybody owns BF1943 already you know.

I've now cancelled my BF3 preorder. Admittedly I was already thinking of cancelling because the reviews have put me off slightly, but getting BF1943 as well was enough for me to get the game anyway. Now, fuck that. I'll wait till it's heavily discounted if I pick it up at all.

BTW I don't think people can say this is just entitlement when EA and Sony made a big deal of it at E3 and then later neglected to tell anybody that the deal was off. It's a fricking bait and switch.

sophora

Withnail said:
This is a shitty move. While people can claim this is no big deal it was a pretty sweet incentive, BF1943 is a great game in its own right and it offers something slightly different to BF3. Not everybody owns BF1943 already you know.

I've now cancelled my BF3 preorder. Admittedly I was already thinking of cancelling because the reviews have put me off slightly, but getting BF1943 as well was enough for me to get the game anyway. Now, fuck that. I'll wait till it's heavily discounted if I pick it up at all.

BTW I don't think people can say this is just entitlement when EA and Sony made a big deal of it at E3 and then later neglected to tell anybody that the deal was off. It's a fricking bait and switch.

pretty much this.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Kyoufu said:
I personally wouldn't give a shit if I got AC1 or not. I'd never play it.

I'm not defending this, but it's like being promised a side order of camel dung free with your meal, and being disappointed you're not getting it.

Ok, well let's pretend it's a game you were interested in. Would it matter to you if the publisher promised it to you, and then not only decided not deliver on that promise, but not tell anyone they decided to not deliver on it?

They probably thought to themselves "what's the point? They're getting BF3 and all the multiplayer lovliness contained within, who's going to want to play 1943?"

As for broken promises, dry your eyes.

Kyoufu

ShinUltramanJ said:
Ok, well let's pretend it's a game you were interested in. Would it matter to you if the publisher promised it to you, and then not only decided not deliver on that promise, but not tell anyone they decided to not deliver on it?

Yeah I would be pissed if I was offered something worthwhile and then not got it in the end, but the keyword here is "worthwhile".

Neither Assassin's Creed nor BF1943 are worthwhile. Nobody is going to play 1943 when they have a game that looks as good as BF3 and all of its features.

This isn't about older game vs newer game, it's about your limited time spent playing games and I doubt anyone here would spend that time on 1943 when they've purchased BF3.

hamchan

Kyoufu said:
Yeah I would be pissed if I was offered something worthwhile and then not got it in the end, but the keyword here is "worthwhile".

Neither Assassin's Creed nor BF1943 are worthwhile. Nobody is going to play 1943 when they have a game that looks as good as BF3 and all of its features.

This isn't about older game vs newer game, it's about your limited time spent playing games and I doubt anyone here would spend that time on 1943 when they've purchased BF3.

I would have!

Lily

NBtoaster said:
I'm getting BF3 on pc, but I have 1943 on ps3. 1943 is still a great game, and this would help it's community.

Maybe thats the problem. They want as many people as possible playing BF3 and not 1943 so they can throw their microtran$action$ and shit at us.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Momo said:
EA:

-hype cake
-take cake away
-give lemon instead

Battlefield 3 customers

2wch9mur0hg.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You're really not missing much. 1943 was okay, but only three maps. And I'm sure it's slowly dying over the course of two years/summers.

The packs being early on PS3 is :lol -able though, given they are charging for it still.

AAK

toleoring said:
anything to do with Microsoft's everything-on-disk-should-be-same-across-platforms policy?

What, never heard of this policy? What about Dead Space 2? That had extraction in the disc for PS3.

Shahadan said:
And this, gentlemen, are things that get a pass nowadays.

But the graphics man... almost like a real Warzone, dat Teamwork, dat ending
lol what a POS that was

All is forgiven as long as we're hyped enough.

EA has a reputation to lose, and they sure as hell ain't going to sit around letting Activision take the dickhead of the year publisher award.

Ooccoo

I'll never buy a EA product again (not new at least).

The new FIFA I can't even connect online, appearantly it's a known problem and no solution was given to me. Now Battlefield 3 is proving me this company is not worthy of my consumer money.

Hanmik

Kyoufu said:

are you the judge of all people´s taste..? becuase you do not like these games, everybody in the entire world should hate them. Great job there young man.

It´s a dick move by EA (and Dice). And off course they do it in the last minute.. and then offer us something that costs more as compensation..?

Chinner

Banned
boris feinbrand said:
EA has a reputation to lose, and they sure as hell ain't going to sit around letting Activision take the dickhead of the year publisher award.
what has activision actually done this year thats so bad compared to EA? not been paying attention.

george_us

Shanadeus said:
And all of this started with some horse armor.
One of the few times where the "slippery slope" argument won out in the end. Can't wait until publishers start full on locking out single-player content.

onken

Pretty much decided not to get this after the awful beta but this has guaranteed I won't change my mind.

AAK said:
What, never heard of this policy? What about Dead Space 2? That had extraction in the disc for PS3.

I dont think people quit understand that policy.
Its a case microsoft can use to deny a title on their system. And will probably mostly used on titles they expect to sell low amount of copies or xbla games.

Top Bottom