• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA CEO Andrew Wilson calls the next Battlefield a "tremendous live service."

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A tremendous live service eh?

Meh Unimpressed GIF

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Battlefield as a live service has potential. Imagine something similar to Helldivers 2 where there's a conflict where a group of players are making a concerted effort against, but instead of NPC bugs and bots, it's other players.

You start the game by choosing a faction, and you play as a member of that faction in a MAG like arena.

Having said that, no way EA does this, and I doubt they address the issues with cheating either.

DAHGAMING

128 pink players cutting about the map with big fuck off flashing dildos on there head, a cosmetic paradise, a tremendous pile of old shit they can ram right up there shity arsehole. Looks like RIP to another great game series that will be fucked to oblivion and left to rot with Medal Of Honor.

wipeout364

I know it’s a long shot but I remain optimistic. Battlefield 2042 became a great game after the terrible launch. It could not regain momentum but the end product to me was a a lot of fun.

The last 4 seasons have honestly been a great time. I agree the state of the game at launch was terrible though. I hope that all this time they spent rebuilding 2042 gives them the skill set needed to launch a great game.

Saber

Gold Member
More than the last one?

Lol, are they trying to beat themselves on how much faster one can fail?

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Companies not understanding yet people isn't hungry for NEW GaaS games, that market is already capitalized and locked until one of the big fishes mess up big way and those types of players start looking for something else 🤷‍♂️

Companies not understanding yet people isn't hungry for NEW GaaS games, that market is already capitalized and locked until one of the big fishes mess up big way and those types of players start looking for something else 🤷‍♂️

Yet Hell Divers 2 blew up instantly. Doesn't matter what people are hungry for. If the next BF games is a banger people will play it period. Doesn't matter if it's GAAS or not. Do I believe the next BF will be a good game? No but that's besides the point really.

Top Bottom