• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA SPORTS FC, the Next Chapter of the World’s Game announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Brand to Debut in More Than 100 Matches Across Global Football Beginning Tomorrow; Fans Can Sign Up Today to Learn More About the Interactive Future of Football , with Detailed Product Information Coming this July
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ: EA) unveiled a first glimpse of the interactive future of football, with EA SPORTS FC™ revealing its new brand vision, identity and logo. FC will become EA SPORTS' platform to create, innovate and grow new football experiences, connecting hundreds of millions of fans through console, mobile, online and esports products.

Join the Club. Sign up at easports.com/fc Credit: EA SPORTS

Join the Club. Sign up at easports.com/fc Credit: EA SPORTS
Join the Club. Sign up at easports.com/fc

Over the coming days, the EA SPORTS FC brand will debut in more than 100 matches across the biggest leagues in the world. Football fans will see the new brand identity in the wild for the first time through EA SPORTS partners, including the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, WSL, NWSL, CONMEBOL and more. Voices from across the world of global football are joining EA SPORTS to begin a new era for the game, with hundreds of leagues, teams, brands and athletes sharing the EA SPORTS FC logo through their platforms today.

“This is where the story of EA SPORTS FC begins. We’re building on 30 years of leadership and history creating experiences that bring the global football community together, and continuing to take it into a fan-first future,” said Nick Wlodyka, SVP & GM, EA SPORTS FC. “EA SPORTS FC will be a symbol for the sport, a symbol of innovation and change, and we’re energized to show our fans more about the future in July.”

The new brand takes its design inspiration directly from the beautiful game and a dominant shape in football culture that represents the sport in multiple dimensions, triangles. From passing techniques to set plays, the shape has also been woven into the DNA of EA SPORTS football experiences for decades; from the isometric angles of our very first 8-bit experiences and the triangular polygons that make up every pixel of our most modern games, as well the iconic player indicator symbol that appears above every athlete in every match. You can learn more about the brand identity and design language, here.

EA SPORTS has defined interactive football for 30 years and built a global football community of more than 150 million across multiple platforms – a community that EA SPORTS FC will now continue to grow alongside partners who share a common goal of a fan-first future of football. Built on a foundation of inclusivity and innovation, fans will experience unrivaled authenticity with access to more than 19,000 fully licensed players, 700 teams and 30 leagues, with the support of over 300 global football partners that will allow further expansion into areas including both women’s and grassroots football.

Fans can sign up at easports.com/fc to Join the Club and be one of the first to learn more, ahead of detailed product updates coming this July.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Soccer indeed - It's "Proper" Football :)
don't care what it's called or what the logo looks like.

hopefully they actually do something exciting with the game but no doubt it'll just be the same as if we got FIFA 24.

Football.

it's EA Sports FC not EA Sports SC.
I live in the US where Soccer ranks anywhere between the 6th to 8th most watched sport so most Americans would rather watch anything else.

Now a lot of this has to do with we simply do not funnel our top athletes to the sport and it starts in High Schools, at least in Indiana

I have worked with a lot of kids over the years to be better baseball pitchers and even when they are multi sport stars I have had my kids tell me Athletic Directors at their school have told them to not play all 4 major sports and have asked them to specifically drop Soccer because it doesn't make the school any money because no one goes to the games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I live in the US where Soccer ranks anywhere between the 6th to 8th most watched sport so most Americans would rather watch anything else.

Now a lot of this has to do with we simply do not funnel our top athletes to the sport and it starts in High Schools, at least in Indiana

I have worked with a lot of kids over the years to be better baseball pitchers and even when they are multi sport stars I have had my kids tell me Athletic Directors at their school have told them to not play all 4 major sports and have asked them to specifically drop Soccer because it doesn't make the school any money because no one goes to the games.
Canada is similar.

There's a big laundry list why soccer will never be super popular in US/Canada like in other parts of the world. But to me, the #1 reason is total boredom.

If youre a kid and get brought up with soccer and only soccer, then ya it's all you kind of know.

When youre a kid and get exposed to football, baseball, basketball, hockey, racing, watersports, winter sports, golf, MMA, hell even sitting on the couch like a lazy ass and watching WWE etc.... soccer gets dumped down the toilet. But there's still lots of people who play or follow European leagues.

It's funny because for lots of kids (me too), soccer is something parents put you in during elementary school for fun. And it's dirt cheap and all you got to do is run around and kick a ball. My dad signed me up for summer soccer for $40/yr, and my mom bought me cleats and shin guards. Thats it. Kids got a free team jersey.

Now try getting billions of kids growing up playing ice hockey where you need lots of rinks year round to practice, expensive gear head to toe and you got to learn how to skate. Number of kids who did it? Hardly any. Skewed heavy to countries with winter and lots of community rinks and youth leagues.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Doesn’t sound or look great but I guess we’ll get used to it after they start to milk it every year just like FIFA.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So if EA only lost the FIFA and World Cup branding, technically EA FC can be the same games as before as long as their other leagues and player licenses hold right?

So if they wanted to, all they got to do is delete all branding graphics, sub in their own "Global Cup" tournament and the game will be exactly like FIFA games?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Canada is similar.

There's a big laundry list why soccer will never be super popular in US/Canada like in other parts of the world. But to me, the #1 reason is total boredom.

If youre a kid and get brought up with soccer and only soccer, then ya it's all you kind of know.

When youre a kid and get exposed to football, baseball, basketball, hockey, racing, watersports, winter sports, golf, MMA, hell even sitting on the couch like a lazy ass and watching WWE etc.... soccer gets dumped down the toilet. But there's still lots of people who play or follow European leagues.

It's funny because for lots of kids (me too), soccer is something parents put you in during elementary school for fun. And it's dirt cheap and all you got to do is run around and kick a ball.

Now try getting billions of kids growing up playing ice hockey where you need lots of rinks year round to practice, expensive gear head to toe and you got to learn how to skate. Number of kids who did it? Hardly any. Skewed heavy to countries with winter and lots of community rinks and youth leagues.
Same around Indiana you can go to youth soccer fields on the weekends and there are tons of little kids enrolled and the fields are full.

But the older they get the more they move on to other sports

I have been to all manners of high school sports and you go to a high level soccer game and its mostly families of the kids playing with open seats everywhere.

You go to a Friday night football game and almost any boys basketball game even through the week and you better get there early or its standing room only

And I 100% agree Soccer (to me) is total boredom as I would rather watch grass grow then a 0-0 game get decided on penalty kicks

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I really thought ea would have dropped switch if not for the fifa license. Wonder if this changes anything for the releases switch receives.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Look at that logo, big oof.

Imagine if someone decided to tackle the football genre.

Man, EA really needs some competition.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think the #1 reason is that you don't have centuries-old grudges and rivalries.
They were still doing this at the 2022 World Cup: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44586587
I had to google the deeper meaning of the double eagle.

But ya, good point about historic grudges. US/Canada sports rivalries are typically based on location (closer the city the more heated), or divisional set ups (which may not be based on geography). You dont really get battles based on ethnicity since the North American pro leagues are basically all US teams (and a few Canadian teams).

Top Bottom