• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA teases new BioWare project [It's Mass Effect 3]

Fredescu said:
Those images don't look even remotely similar.

They are the same image, they just arent lined up. Locate the eyeball/eyebrow on the clear picture then match it up with the blurry image.

Kittonwy

Banned
Deathcraze said:
I know I've said it before but it's kind of disappointing that considering the Batarians have played a large part in Humanities recent history in the Mass Effect universe, that they haven't been used very much in the games. Bring down the Sky was an excellent introduction for them, but they didn't play as big a part as I was hoping for in ME2. Having one as a squad member in ME3 would readdress the balance nicely. :D

Preorder now for exclusive farming equipment!

That's fucking awesome.:lol

MrTroubleMaker said:
ahyesreapers.gif
Cn6Pm.gif

Also:
yWbvx.jpg

But anyway, more Mass Effect, please.

_tetsuo_ said:
Can I see Tali's face this time?

There you have, her real face in a real concept art.
Tali_concept_art_by_avenger09.jpg

They are scared to show it now, but that what it was planned, and I like it. In the books they een say quarian faces resemble human.

Wallach

I'm pretty sure they just stuck a generic face in there to work on concept proportions for the helmet. Kind of badly I might add, because the face doesn't actually fit in the thing. :lol

Wallach said:
I'm pretty sure they just stuck a generic face in there to work on concept proportions for the helmet. Kind of badly I might add, because the face doesn't actually fit in the thing. :lol

During conversations you can pretty much see the shape of her whole face through the helmet in ME1 and it is shaped like a humans. I dont know why Bioware pussied out on showing a face in ME2. Maybe they thought people would think they were some kind of artistic visionaries if they didn't show it.

Draft

If there was one thing Mass Effect needed it was to be darker and grittier. That will really set it apart from all the other space shooters.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wallach said:
XcCDU.jpg

Draft said:
If there was one thing Mass Effect needed it was to be darker and grittier. That will really set it apart from all the other space shooters.
After ME2's "darker and grittier" tone, ME3 will be just Shepard (whose face is a flaming scarred devil skull if you're Renegade, because Renegade isn't really "evil" guys!!!) rolling around in a dumpster full of dirt and blood while punching a baby.

EmCeeGramr said:
After ME2's "darker and grittier" tone, ME3 will be just Shepard (whose face is a flaming scarred devil skull if you're Renegade, because Renegade isn't really "evil" guys!!!) rolling around in a dumpster full of dirt and blood while punching a baby.

As said earlier in this thread evilrenegade Shep is a baby compared to Marche's level of asshole.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
EmCeeGramr said:
Euro Rave as the music, of course. The whole game is just quicktime events, and you punch bigger and bigger babies by jumping from dumpster to dumpster. You can post your score to Facebook.

Final boss: Tali (you have to punch her face in)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:

But they also want to be lighter and funnier with this one cause people like the humor in 2.

Some signals are getting crossed here.

Argghh... fuuuuuck. That hedgehog / Shepard image above half killed me. I'm recovering from a pulled a muscle in my back and laughing has me in agony.

:lol

:mad:

EatChildren said:
Will be headed by ex-Raven developer Manveer Heir, who joined UbiSoft Montreal back in July, and claimed he was working on something Mass Effect related.

Why would EA let Ubisoft work on a Mass Effect game?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
EatChildren said:
Will be headed by ex-Raven developer Manveer Heir, who joined UbiSoft Montreal back in July, and claimed he was working on something Mass Effect related.
Raven huh? They know their shooters even today with Wolfenstein and Singularity, let's hope some experience rubs off!

Even if this is a CoD clone with biotics and playable elcor I will still call it the second coming because I am a dirty, dirty hypocrite.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DuckRacer said:
They won't change the perspective, it'll just be Uncharted/Gears of War with CoD's perk and upgrade system.

No Shepard in the single player, ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

You dont need Shepard in every game set in the universe, especially not spinoffs.

Hopefully the multiplayer will let you play as a variety of races and not just be Alliance military vs. mercs or some bullshit like that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
UraMallas said:
OT but what the hell are these things and how do I utilize them? I see them all the time.
It's a QR code. You can decipher what the code says using a smartphone barcode scanner or something like this.

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, this must be that 6 hour DLC thing they're doing for the PS3 version.
That was a mistranslation, the 6 hour DLC is Shadow Broker + Overlord + Stolen Memories.

vXqKPl.jpg

stupei

EmCeeGramr said:
Hopefully the multiplayer will let you play as a variety of races and not just be Alliance military vs. mercs or some bullshit like that.

Let me be a Krogan. PLEASE, BIOWARE.
Just kidding, I want to play as an Elcor...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I <3 Memes said:
Why would EA let Ubisoft work on a Mass Effect game?

Whoops :p. BioWare Montreal.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'd like an emphasis on squads sticking together and large maps actually. Bring the Mass Effect squad mentality into multiplayer where powers can be combined and numbers really bring safety. Like in Battlefield 2 with the squads and commander players.

Killthee said:
Oh wow, they were really in a hurry to slap that golden joystick sticker on!

EatChildren said:
Because I'm a whore. A dirty, filthy whore. Take me Shepard!
I know, right? Me too. :'(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As I said a few pages ago, it could be the most generic Call of Duty cash-in with a Mass Effect skin and I'll still buy it day one and probably love it.

EatChildren said:
As I said a few pages ago, it could be the most generic Call of Duty cash-in with a Mass Effect skin and I'll still buy it day one and probably love it.

It'd probably be a Gears clone though with perks I guess. ME2 was pretty much a decent 3rd person shooter. I mean they've already got the chest high wall thing down now. I don't know, something about ME 3rd person multiplayer shooter sounds horrible to me.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
The more I think about it, competitive Mass Effect sounds less like CoD. Shields are a huge factor and if BioWare want to reintroduce some more of the RPG elements to the series then it could have big implications on "health." It'll be interesting to see if this spin-off will be more complicated in that regard or less.

Ed: Haha, this got me thinking of elcor and hanar round-end quotes. "With great sorrow, we must withdraw from the battlefield." :(

wwm0nkey

I dont like kotaku a whole lot but they might be on to something with the Mass Effect MP spin off stuff. They did hire a bunch of MP people recently didnt they?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I hate that I'm such a slut for this universe. I hate what they did to it in Mass Effect 2, I hate that they ruined the music, that they made a Illium boring typical floating car future planet, I hated the clothes, I hated that the one new species were shit-eating parasitic rat things. I hate the ridiculous
human reaper
. I hate the the
Prothean collectors
were absolutely useless

And even after reading that MP FPS rumour, which is not what I want in any way, I'm still excited. What is wrong with me?

EatChildren

Lyphen said:

I dont know what the word is on spoilering, but there's a lot of heavy spoileration in that post (and this thread in general).

Top Bottom