• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Dunkirk impressions (Social Media embargo lifted)

Dabanton

I used to like TDK more than Begins, but Begins are far more rewatchable to me. I think it has a lot of Nolan trademarks, as well.

Same for me. I love TDK, but BB just has something that makes it infinitely rewatchable and I'll never get bored of it.

It was a very,very special cinematic IMAX experience as well. The ripple of excitement throughout the audience, when Gordon shows the card at the end. Still gives me tingles

effzee

Same for me. I love TDK, but BB just has something that makes it infinitely rewatchable and I'll never get bored of it.

It was a very,very special cinematic IMAX experience as well. The ripple of excitement throughout the audience, when Gordon shows the card at the end. Still gives me tingles

So unexpected too. My first IMAX movie and just realizing Joker was next, and in Nolan's hands, made it amazing. Buzz throughout the building

Alienous

I guess Kris Tapley liked it

https://twitter.com/kristapley/status/886277367911534593

Kristopher Tapley ‏Verified account
@kristapley

Dunkirk > Prestige > Memento > Inception > Batman Begins > Dark Knight > Interstellar > Insomnia > Following > Dark Knight Rises

The ordering of the movies I've seen is correct, except maybe Inception and Batman Begins being in the wrong places, but regardless it's really encouraging.

Best marketing I've seen for Dunkirk yet - I can respect any opinion that places The Dark Knight Rises firmly as trash.

Chumley

Banned
The ordering of the movies I've seen is correct, except maybe Inception and Batman Begins being in the wrong places, so that's really encouraging.

Best marketing I've seen for Dunkirk yet - I can respect any opinion that places The Dark Knight Rises firmly as trash.

Being the lowest ranked Nolan film doesn't make it trash, dude. Step out of the GAF bubble, it was very well received critically.

The ordering of the movies I've seen is correct, except maybe Inception and Batman Begins being in the wrong places, but regardless it's really encouraging.

Being the lowest ranked Nolan film doesn't make it trash, dude. Step out of the GAF bubble, it was very well received critically.

I think TDKR is heads and shoulders above "trash" but the sentiment still made me laugh.

Also, Memento is rated too high. I love the movie (and the completely awesome special DVD packaging) but after the second viewing, it loses impact exponentially.

VERY excited for my IMAX Dunkirk showing next Saturday.

When you see your personal Nolan film's ranking (minus Dunkirk)...
Screen_Shot_2012-09-13_at_9.39.39_AM.png

Top Bottom