• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

jetjevons said:
Why on Earth would they use the Miller's Crossing OST? Possible Coen Bros co-production! :lol

I think it's a viral leak. WTF are we seeing this on youtube weeks before E3?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
sprsk said:
Watched it twice. Man. So fucking good. The feeling of adventure, the bond between the two characters, Miyazaki would be jealous.
This is what I thought.

Whilst the animal looks like a morph of a multiple animals, the characteristics seem to be a mixture of a cat and a dog.

TheChillyAcademic said:
They dont have long lol
I already have the HD version on my desktop.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SolidSnakex said:
2myc6k2.png

2eduquc.png

:(

There's also quite a bit of blood on his fur on the bottom of his neck at the beginning.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OK, who else had a "Beverly Hills Chihuahua trailer" flashback when the dog/rat/bird (Oh lets just call him "Falcor" for now) Appeared?

Enojado

Loved the animations, especially of the creature. So much personality conveyed in the trailer. The music also really fits. Hoping more info forthcoming at E3.

JoJo13

Banned
It sucks that this was leaked...

:(

Would have loved to see this for the first time at E3 during the press conference.

Fuck Playstation Lifestyle.

Haunted

The environments (underwater scene!) look familiar and fantastic. But I'm not feeling the scale.

iDoubleSpy said:
The monsters character design is obviously in the early stages. Nice touch to make the kid look like Ico though.
Other way around, imo.

Very atmospheric, very nice.

Odd fox, gryphon thing (did it have tiny wings or my eyes betray me?).

Hope this means we see gameplay (or even a closed-doors gameplay session) at E3.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
iamcool388 said:
The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.

That music is from Miller's Crossing, the Coen Bros.' finest film.

Edit: Dang, I'm slow.

centracore

I want to believe this is real but I'm pretty skeptical at the same time.. I ran Shazam on my iPhone when the music started and it came back with the track "Opening Theme from Miller's Crossing" - is it common practice to use stuff like this rather than composing original material?

Yes Boss!

AniHawk said:
I'm probably wrong here, but I'll say it's fake.

Yeah, there was some questionable stuff, particularly the use of that style music, but if it is fake it is a loving tribute and still good in its own right.

YYZ

Saved the HD version. Looks interesting. Don't really like the artificially "shiny" look of some things (like in Uncharted). A boy and his pet conquer their own world.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Educated guesses:

- it's real
- you (the kid) explore the environment with the help of that huge pet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The music isn't original for sure, it's Miller's Crossing. If this is fake, someone needs to make this game.

AKS

Is this real or not?!? I'm too much of a Team ICO nut to make rational decisions and judgments after just watching that. Please help!

Y2Kev said:
Totally, a king kong set up maybe. The boy is forced to leave/kill the monster in the end...maybe secretly lets him live?

Oh man, I certainly hope not. The video makes me believe there is EVERY possibility I am going to get super invested in their relationship. Killing or leaving him would be... ugh. I hope its... uplifting.

Ueda is the only developer whom I trust to generate emotions through gameplay. (Maybe ThatGameCompany as well, but Ueda is a fucking master.) I was moved beyond belief by both SotC and ICO. They are incredible games, and this looks like it'll fit right in.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Cat in the Hat said:
Thats is the exact same music ....WTF

Hey I noticed that first! ;-)

Also it seems a little too much like every Panzer Dragoon Azel fanboys wet dream to be true to me, but what do I know.

Cerberus

Wow. Looks awesome, but is this legit? Has Ueda ever called his next game Trico? And how did PS Lifestyle get a hold of this?

Zilch

Banned
centracore said:
I want to believe this is real but I'm pretty skeptical at the same time.. I ran Shazam on my iPhone when the music started and it came back with the track "Opening Theme from Miller's Crossing" - is it common practice to use stuff like this rather than composing original material?

Nintendo does it all the time with Zelda trailers. And this isn't even an "official" trailer.

Haunted

Chiggs said:
But what if both the boy and the rat-cat grow?
That would be fantastic.

I'm missing the scale in that trailer. :/ It all looked so narrow and confined (to emphasise the creature's size, I guess) - except for that one vista.

Chiggs

Haunted said:
That would be fantastic.

I'm missing the scale in that trailer. :/ It all looked so narrow and confined (to emphasise the creature's size, I guess) - except for that one vista.

That vista was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom