• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naka

jetjevons said:
Hey I noticed that first! ;-)

Also it seems a little too much like every Panzer Dragoon Azel fanboys wet dream to be true to me, but what do I know.

I tried, guess I couldnt past fast enough haha. As soon as I heard it I thought it sounded like Miller's Crossing so I had to youtube to confirm.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Keikoku said:
Hello guys nobody read this post ? Come on. Plus the cinematic is as detailed as a PS1 CG. Come on it can't be true, it's fake.
Internal videos frequently use music like this. The Core Tomb Raider Anniversary game used Star Wars music.

Shurs

Zilch said:
Way too good to be fake. Can anyone present a reasonable answer as to how this could possibly be fake?

The source could be a reason, Playstation Lifestyle? Odd how they would have it.

thaOwner

neoism said:
rmmlck.gif
lol

Seriously, it's quite a departure from Ueda's style. It looks like a cheesy Disney movie. I'm very disappointed. Now I hope this is either a bad pilot video or the most absurd fake ever.

And Trico, really? Never thought they could be using this name for real...

bounchfx

no way that's fake, at least I hope not. (unless the real one is even cooler!)

the music, the animation, the creature. all fucking sweet. only thing I was meh about was the child, but i'm 100% sure it's not final art, durrrrr.

SO FUCKING EXCITED NOW IT LOOKS SO COOL

Dante

It might have had no sound and whoever uploaded may have just put the Miller's Crossing theme on there.

How the fuck is this for pre E3 drama :lol

Haunted

Yeah, I'd expect Otani music for a proper trailer.

Must be a leak of an internal vid (intentional or not, who knows).

jett said:
This better be like super early or some shit.
That's what I said. :lol

Definitely a placeholder.

Llyranor

Chiggs said:
But what if both the boy and the rat-cat grow?
That'd be pretty awesome, actually. As boy grows into man, he becomes stronger, faster, whereas the giant dog becomes a fierce 'monster' with a heart of gold that people will try to hunt.

calder

Looks too big and detailed for a fan project or anything to me. Some of it looked a bit off, while certain models and areas looked amazing a few looked more work-in-progress which makes it all look more legit to me.

And I thought it looked fantastic taken as a whole. :D

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Looks very real. You can see the imperfection in the graphics that this is real time footage if real. It's pretty much what you would expect from team ICO. Although, I am kinda disapointed because I wanted to see something more like shadow, ya know, a guy with a sword, not a kid. And the creature does look a bit lame. HOWEVER, if this is indeed real, I have no doubt in my mind it will be an amazing game.

JB1981

I think it's time to stop suggesting that this is fake. Unless of course the trailer was created by Ueda jr. or something

@ jett: you are such a fucking debbie downer, dude. jesus christ almighty

Zilch

Banned
Black_Mamba said:
Seriously, it's quite a departure from Ueda's style. It looks like a cheesy Disney movie. I'm very disappointed. Now I hope this is either a bad pilot video or the most absurd fake ever.

And Trico, really? Never thought they could be using this name for real...

A departure from a game where you lead a magical, blind princess around by the hand? A departure from a game where you ride a horse around and vanquish the land of giant fiends? Are you daft?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Larson Conway said:
I wonder how "early" this is. Doesn't look polished enough for a massive-release trailer for me.
It's definitely not. It's leaked and very old I would bet. Based on when we first saw that chain scene.

And the cat's shadow is in the chain scene. This is real. omg omg omg

Stillmatic

If it's real then it's likely from a build when the chain image first popped up, so pretty old and there'd be a lot of placeholder assets. Looks pretty neat and the idea of the creature being hunted could work awesome if you become friends with it and try to protect it. :D

Haunted

Llyranor said:
That'd be pretty awesome, actually. As boy grows into man, he becomes stronger, faster, whereas the giant dog becomes a fierce 'monster' with a heart of gold that people will try to hunt.
I think I've seen that movie.

Jea Song said:
Looks very real. You can see the imperfection in the graphics that this is real time footage if real. It's pretty much what you would expect from team ICO. Although, I am kinda disapointed because I wanted to see something more like shadow, ya know, a guy with a sword, not a kid. And the creature does look a bit lame. HOWEVER, if this is indeed real, I have no doubt in my mind it will be an amazing game.

I believe it was already said that the next game was more ICO than SOTC. This fits in there correctly.

Bit-Bit

No fuckin way! This game is everything I ever dreamed of as a child. Watching that video, I was flooded with years of memories of dreaming to have my own giant creature to play with. I think everyone who has a heart dreams of this as a child. That's probably why games like Pokemon is so popular. People like building relationships with fantastic creatures.

But a fantastic creature that's also huge as fuck? Day fuckin one. Everyone is saying the creature will die. I'm saying, as a twist, the child dies and the creature turns into the Giant Shadow Creature from the end of Shadow of the Colossus. Than the Shamans summons other giant creatures to keep this one in check and block off the land.

Bam, prequel to SotC.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
That can't be fake can it? Looked way too similar to Team ICO's style (without using old assets and animations) to be something else re-branded as TRICO to get more hits and it looked too well made for a joke.

Anyway, I'm assuming that it's real and the best game ever. media black out COMMENCE!

edit: fuck this shit. I'm getting misty eyed thinking about just how good another Team ICO game is bound to be. Team ICO is so fucking far above all other developers it's not even funny.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm torn- it looks like it could easily be one of their games thematically and gameplay-wise, but the music is off and the visual quality definitely isn't there. As early footage, it would make sense; as a reveal trailer, though...

Also, PlaystationLifestyle? Calling it Trico? I really don't know at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out either way.

Edit: Wait- it's Miller's Crossing? Well that makes more sense, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom