• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM - April 2008

Doel

Guybrush Threepwood said:
You know what I mean.

I just added a little extra into that rumor. That should explain things a bit better. Now I just need to read the GTA IV article in-depth to fulfill NeoUltima's request.
What's in the next issue? It shows on the last page.

Majmun

fudgey_lumpkins said:
What do you need a number for? Haven't Ever attended School?

A > B > C > D > F

I don't see the challenge in understanding this.

No, never attended school hur hur -_-'

It's just that Dutch schools don't use letters to grade something.

I'll just have to get used. Even if it's horrible.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Expect a "major PSP renaissance" in 2008 - PSP getting a bunch of "unique and original" games from major Japanese publishers

Won't pan out.

RE5 will be in stores before/during Holiday 2008

Not a big risk.

Wii Fit delayed in the US because Nintendo is making a bigger Balance Board

Nope. The European balance board can handle ~60 pounds over the Japanese board and to go much higher would be putting it into the range where it's actually dangerous for the person to exercise.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ganondorfo said:
So handheld beats consoles this month?

I am glad for condemned 2

Haldhelds beat consoles every month. Thats where the real gaming is this gen

MLB 2K8 - B B- B
That's a pretty good score... did they have anything to interesting to say about the game?

I'm really looking forward to some reviews of The Show but I knew they were not going have the review for it in this issue.

tanod

when is my burrito
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - A- B+ B (Silver)
Lost Odyssey - B+ B- B
God Of War: CoO - A A- A- (Gold, Game of the Month)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - B+ B+ A-

Great month for games. Wooo!

Wollan

neojubei said:
PSP:

God Of War: CoO - A A- A- (Gold, Game of the Month)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - B+ B+ A-

e5182d16.gif
What movie is this?

Rlan

What did they say about Super Star Tennis? Do they mention anything about Differences between versions?

I was going to say that sounded a bit low for what is essentially VT3 with goofy characters, but VT3 got a "C+" on 1up.com (or 6.5) and got "7.33" in EGM / 3 so sounds about on target.

Ganondorfo

Can someone explain the grade system to someone who isn't from the united states?:D

So

A+=10
A-=9,5
A=9
B+=8,5

am I right?

Rlan said:
What did they say about Super Star Tennis? Do they mention anything about Differences between versions?

I was going to say that sounded a bit low for what is essentially VT3 with goofy characters, but VT3 got a "C+" on 1up.com (or 6.5) and got "7.33" in EGM / 3 so sounds about on target.

I can't wait for Sega Superstars Tennis. Soooo excited!

LJ11

Stumpokapow said:
Nope. The European balance board can handle ~60 pounds over the Japanese board and to go much higher would be putting it into the range where it's actually dangerous for the person to exercise.

Why? Are they increasing the height of the board, or just the length/width? How would someone get hurt on a wider/longer board, as opposed to smaller one?

I can't believe I'm talking about this.

skip

Ganondorfo said:
Can someone explain the grade system to someone who isn't from the united states?:D

So

A+=10
A-=9,5
A=9
B+=8,5

am I right?

a = excellent
b = good
c = average
d = poor
f = failure

Aladuf

Banned
Rumors:

Crackdown sequel NOT LIKELY

God Damnit! I need to stop being reminded that there won't likely be a Crackdown sequel... it makes me sad everytime I see that. :(

I haven't really been following GTA IV, so I'll just post info that I haven't heard before. Sift through the old stuff if you have to.

-------------------------------------------------------

Niko's phone is a very important tool in the game. It allows you to access an organizer, multiplayer modes, a camera, and contacts

Later in the game, you'll get a phone that allows you to listen to the radio while running around town. You can also call in emergency vehicles (911), which respond in real time

Relationships are back, but not just romantic ones, and they'll play a fairly large part in the game

Driving is a bit more realistic

Weapon aiming similar to RE4 and Gears of War weapon aiming

"Despite the serious tone of the game's initial trailers, GTA4 is fun"

"New multimedia features" that EGM can't talk about

To get away from cops, you need to escape a sphere-shaped "danger zone" that gets bigger as your Wanted Level goes up

There are definitely online multiplayer modes, but Rock* won't talk about them. They don't really go into offline multiplayer either. :(

"[Sam Houser thinks] a subscription-based [MMO] GTA-type game is very, very, doable..." but he wouldn't want "2000 people [running] arround on a map shooting each other."

-------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Way to ruin the fucking April Fool's joke. Seriously, dude, spoiler that shit. :mad:

Furthermore, the Sega Superstars Tennis score + me = sad panda.

God of War with the Red GoW PSP will be mine.

I also like the news about Patapon coming to PSN. :D

Dead Rising sequel... YES, please be for PS3 as well.

RE5 for 2008, very nice.

Do they say anything about PS3 Condemned 2? The screens Gamersyde keeps being given show the PS3 version looking quite "iffy."

AniHawk

Second said:
No, never attended school hur hur -_-'

It's just that Dutch schools don't use letters to grade something.

I'll just have to get used. Even if it's horrible.
There are two things that I can't stand in this world, people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

batbeg

LJ11 said:
Why? Are they increasing the height of the board, or just the length/width? How would someone get hurt on a wider/longer board, as opposed to smaller one?

I can't believe I'm talking about this.

I can't believe it either. They're talking about it taking more weight, not tall or wider.

Top Bottom