• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM - April 2008

Sanjay

Any one that exceeds the current Euro & Jap Wii Fit Boards size limit, I dont think would play this game anyway.

tanod

when is my burrito
blindrocket said:
I also like the news about Patapon coming to PSN. :D

I hope they don't screw it up like they did with Loco Roco. All I wanted was an HD version with a few more levels for Loco Roco but no. :(

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Guybrush Threepwood said:
Basically that it will start to close the game game quality-wise with the DS.

that would require a psp software recall -- and they'll have to pry my copy of goku makaimura kai from my cold dead hands

ds :x

Mr.City

I like how people are boiling down the grading system to shit like B is a 8, A is a 9 ,etc. It pretty much defeats the whole point of the change.

YYZ

Ziff Davis still not getting Sony sports game early? I was looking for MLB The Show score and found nothing.

Also I think Crisis Core didn't get silver because it got one too many B's. Otherwise it was very close?

Mr.City said:
I like how people are boiling down the grading system to shit like B is a 8, A is a 9 ,etc. It pretty much defeats the whole point of the change.
parishevil.png

LJ11

batbeg said:
I can't believe it either. They're talking about it taking more weight, not tall or wider.

Wouldn't they have to increase the physical size of the board if they wanted heavier people on it? Are they keeping the size of this board the same across all regions and making it sturdier so it can support more weight?

I'm just curious. I would think that the higher the weight limit, the bigger the physical size, but what do I know about this sort of thing.

Whoa, what the fuck happened with Obscure? I thought the original was supposed to be decent, especially in light of the fact it was basically the only co-op survival horror around?

Yeah the letter thing will be pointless if people just say "Oh they gave it a B (8)." :lol

We've never had a letter grade thing at school here, but from watching all those American TV shows over the years I can figure it out.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
EA plans on making a mixed-martial arts game

Interesting. Probably be EliteXC if anything. Hopefully they don't make it arcadey like Fight Night if this ever does come true.

What about the PSP getting "new and original" games is worth creating a rumor over? I'm sure all systems are getting that, why is the PSP special in this case?

Mr.City

You know, if EGM wanted to do a good April Fool's joke this year, they should of said something like Crysis was being ported to the consoles.

batbeg

dark steve said:
Whoa, what the fuck happened with Obscure? I thought the original was supposed to be decent, especially in light of the fact it was basically the only co-op survival horror around?

I doubt anything happened. The original only got a "C" on the 1up site, and they probably did some major point-docking as the Wii game is a PS2 port. But the first Obscure game got a lot of shit to begin with. If you like it, you like it though (I'm still waiting to figure out when the fuck the Wii version comes out in the UK, may have to import).

Loving the LO and Condemned 2 scores. Also lving the DR rumor (tho not sure about different devs) and once again we hear something about RE5 coming this year :D . This year is easily turning into a better year than 07 for me, which is honestly insane.

Did anyone honestly think that Resident Evil 5 was going to be a 2009 title? It has a pretty good chance of slipping, but they're definitely going to release it this year if they can.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i don't really know. it was a general question/jest, not a stealth troll. i know it's hard to tell sometimes 'round these parts.

beelzebozo said:
can games with egregious bugs and/or missing promised features be graded "incomplete?"

Devs should also be able to check what their grade will be before the issue is published and withdraw to receive a W if they're not happy with it.

Tendo

The thought of RE5 this year is fantastic! Smash bros, mgs4, re5 as my big purchases this year? I'm set! :)

Blablurn

tanod said:
I hope they don't screw it up like they did with Loco Roco. All I wanted was an HD version with a few more levels for Loco Roco but no. :(

This was exactly my thought when I read the news. I wonder what Sony is going to do with the franchise.

Crusade

Mr.City said:
You know, if EGM wanted to do a good April Fool's joke this year, they should of said something like Crysis was being ported to the consoles.
Well it probably is already, and why would that be funny anyway?

Tiktaalik

I'm all for letter scores, but I can not wrap my head around how much exactly worse an A- is than an A. Please stick to strictly A+, A, B, C+, C, D, F in the future....

Lol at USA Wii Fit Fatty edition.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Tiktaalik said:
I'm all for letter scores, but I can not wrap my head around how much exactly worse an A- is than an A.

there's not much difference. you gotta gut it. someone could have had a pebble in their shoe, and boom, an a is now an a-

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Here would be my scoring system.

A+ A B C D F

That is all. I think there's still too much fishiness with all the + and - scores.
That would be my problem with it as well. Even though we don't use letter grades in school here, I think it's easy to comprehend what A-F stands for. But what the hell is the difference between an A+, A, A- and a B+?
beelzebozo said:
there's not much difference. you gotta gut it. someone could have had a pebble in their shoe, and boom, an a is now an a-
So you could basically just ignore it then?

So are they just deciding the Silver award on a per game basis now? Because Crisis Core has a slightly better score than Condemned 2 (A-, B+, B+ vs. A-, B+, B) and it didn't get an award while Condemned did (if these scores are correct).

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Here would be my scoring system.

A+ A B C D F

That is all. I think there's still too much fishiness with all the + and - scores.

I actually would want:

S A B C D F

I mean, anyone who plays games knows S is better than A.

Top Bottom