• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM August 2008 Reviews and Rumors

duckroll

Volcynika said:
Has this been announced for NA yet, or is it just official for Europe?

It's official for Europe, but in the financials for AQI, they've specified that XSEED will be bringing both Away and BD+ to the US.

Kittonwy

Banned
Clinton514 said:
"The Arc Cannon, a huge beam that harnesses the power of Helghan's apocolyptic thunderstoms. We hear there are more weather weapons too..."

"Since all the screens here hail from one level, don't expect the entire game to look so ... bleak. Some levels will highlight the "natural beauty" of Helghan "

Four-and-a-half of the six cores of the PS3’s Cell chip are being used by Killzone 2 at the moment.

Guerrilla Games’ Technical Directer, Michiel van der Leeuw: “Sony basically has an international forum for sharing character technology, animation tools and graphics shaders. ~ We’ve even taken a few tricks directly from the Resistance guys at Insomniac, and we’ve even been talking directly to the God of War guys in Santa Monica.”

There's more to these character profiles:
Templar is now a Colonel and commands a Cruiser called New Sun. There's also a small profile for each member of the Legion.

Cpl. Dante Garza (sharpshooter/technician)
Master Sgt. Rico Velasquez (he's also been promoted)
Sgt. Tomas Sevchenko (Sev)
Cpl. Shawn Natko (heavy duty/explosives man)

They won't talk about multiplayer, so we might have to wait until E3.

What about Mr. Fucking Convoy? What's his name (other than being known as Mr. Fucking Convoy)?
Indifferent2.gif

Clinton514

duckroll said:
I would like some information of what the Away Shuffle Dungeon preview consists of. Thanks!
January 2009
Published by Majesco for North America.

"Away has a look that's strongly evocative of the Legend of Zelda series, or at the least the better RPGs of the 16-bit generation. It even has some light voice acting, though outside of full-motion-video cutscenes, the character voices are limited to one- or two-word exclamations-usually of each others names."

"It's clear that Away stands out among a glut of similar dungeon crawlers, and this additional interaction between adventuring and building only solidifies that separation."

There's also a mention of it being similar to Animal Crossing in some ways.

Sorry if I'm skimping on the write ups. I don't work for 1UP or EGM but I suggest that people should check it out. It really is one of the more heftier issues of EGM that I've seen in a while.

:lol

Clinton514

Kittonwy said:
What about Mr. Fucking Convoy? What's his name (other than being known as Mr. Fucking Convoy)?
Indifferent2.gif

Natko is bandanna man aka "Fuckin' Convoy" guy.

Apparently Mr. Frozen nuts aka other 'hat guy'(E3-07 trailer) didn't make the cut.

jmd494

Clinton514 said:
Argh, I'll try to compile all of the interesting Killzone 2 stuff for tomorrow. Maybe someone else will beat me to it, though. So be on the look out.
Haha...thanks man. But don't feel obligated (it's not like you owe us anything)!

You've done more than enough just brining the info you brought!

Kittonwy

Banned
Clinton514 said:
Natko is bandanna man aka "Fuckin' Convoy" guy.

Apparently Mr. Frozen nuts aka other 'hat guy'(E3-07 trailer) didn't make the cut.

Oh man, Mr. Frozen Nuts wuz cool too.

MR. FUCKING CONVOY IS AFW.
angry.gif

PS3 price drop? Yes please.

Normally, I buy every system at launch but even though I wanted one, I skipped on the PS3 because at the time I owned a 1080i only HDTV. But now, after hearing rumors like this and stuff that should have been standard at the time and now being included like rumble in the controllers, I'm really glad I waited.

A price drop on the system this year, rumble in every box, greatest hits series of games for cheaper prices, home out, and firmware/ PSN store updated and refined... it will be a great Christmas this year for me.

The PS3 will finally be the system I wanted it to be back in November 06 so I hope this rumor is true.

Kratos in Soul Calibur? Isn't the game being released pretty soon? I wonder if that means the 360 version would also have another special character.

And wow at Chocobo's score. I thought (from Japanese impressions) the game was supposed to be underwhelming? I might pay a bit more attention to the game now.

MoxManiac said:
Holy shit, Kratos? Awesome, I can't wait to rip up those fruity anime guest stars with him.

Yes, but since he's so uber badass and this constantly needs to be reinforced by game design you're going to need to mash the X button a bunch of times to get him to move his arm. :\

I'd much rather have Polygon Man for the PS exclusive. :\

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kratos with the sword of Olympus and the blades of chaos in SCIV, oh crap. I hope this isn't EGM messing with my emotions.

disappeared said:
It's entirely possible that he's been in the game for a while, it just hasn't been leaked or announced yet.

Yeah, it's just pretty rare that we learn something pretty big, like this, so close to a game's release. I guess it would be good at producing pre-release hype though.

Punchy

Banned
0 HP said:
please anybody but the fucking halo characters if the 360 sc4 gets anything

Marcus Fenix anyone? The only thing that can stand up to lightsabers and an evil sword or two is a chainsaw gun, amirite?

Makes more sense than the Spartan in DOA did, at least.

pulga

Banned
If Kratos is gonna show up in the PS3 version, 360 needs someone on par with him, not lame ass Kaim or the Arbiter.

And like Kratos, it's probably gonna be someone who's got a game coming out soon.

Marcus.jpg

Makes the most sense.

Kratos in SCIV? That certainly puts the game back on my radar (After SSB, I generally only play Tekken and SF, if those).

Hm, who was in the Xbox version of SCII? I know the GC version had Link and the ps2 version had that Tekken guy (can never remember his name), but I can't remember the other guy.

And yes, this thread definitely needs a whole hell of a lot more Killzone. They have 12 freakin' pages in the magazine!

Hurry up with that write up, we want every word!

Crusade

Clinton514 said:
Quartermann(rumors) says:
-God of Soul. Kratos to be revealed as next Soulcalibur IV(PS3) character.

Would be too awesome. But man he'd have to be toned down, Kratos's moveset would tear the Soul Calibur dweebs apart

Crusade

BrokenSymmetry said:
The best cameo in the 360 version of SC4 would of course be Kameo. Especially if she could morph into all her elemental forms.
Sadly, she'd actually fit with a few of the atrocious new character designs we've seen

Orlics

- MS is apparently allowing third-party manufacturers to make 360 compatible hardware.

If this refers to peripherals, I hope you guys know what I'm thinking.

It starts with "G" and then ends with "25" and possibly also has "successor" somewhere in there.

Shawn said:
No, sir -- it's no joke.

A 90%-93% or 9.0 (on a scale of 1 to 10 in .5 increments) or an A-minus is low for a Metal Gear Solid console game -- just as it would be low for a Zelda console game.

20080613.jpg

Top Bottom