• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM GET! Zelda pics.. HFS!

Taker666

Speaker..wooot :)

Just what I wanted. Lightsaber noise, gunshots, drum noises, sword clashes, walkie talkie chatter all from the controller...I hope.

koam

-No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren't redoing the models, doesn't talk about framerates and such).
-TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.
-Estimated prices for the VC are "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64"
-VC games are pro-scan enabled.
-$250 "seems appropriate"
-More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

(reading zelda now)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
OMG! The tennis game looks horrible. But the Redsteel game doesn't look to bad. Neither does Zelda.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I thought it would have a sleep feature. Makes sense with the whole remote idea. Put it down, go off and do something or watch some TV, then pick it up again and carry on where you left off.

Doubt very much the price is confirmed this early, probably speculation. Unless it's coming out very soon (unlikely).

Speaker thing could be interesting, we've speculated about it before. Could provide a nice bit of feedback with the games, as well as gimmicky stuff. Although it does mean the controllers will be more expensive. They will have to have a little bit of memory in em to store the sound effects, very unlikely they'd stream audio wirelessly.

LakeEarth said:
Time Magazine Wii article.

And the N64 was supposed to be $250, and went down to $199 before it was released. I'm not 100% but I think the same for the Gamecube. I bet it'll happen again.
True for N64, not true for GameCube.

Morbo

MrSardonic said:
wtf! $249! :lol

And when you say "speaker", do you really mean speaker and not microphone? Wtf could they use a speaker in the wiimote for?

gunshots
tennis ball sounds
lightsabre buzzing
bitchslaps
etc.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BrandNew said:
The Tennis game was a tech demo, fools.
Until they swap out the characters and replace them with Mario and Co and call it Mario Tennis. :p

So basically EGM doesn't know the price of the system or the virtual console downloads.

They're just speculating like everyone else.

It wouldn't surprise me if neither Sony or Nintendo give a price point at E3.

koam said:
-No improved graphics on Virtual Console (as in, they aren't redoing the models, doesn't talk about framerates and such).
-TG16 will have it's 1st party games out at launch, 3rd party will come later as demand increases.
-Estimated prices for the VC are "a few dollars for NES, $5 for SNES and $10 for N64"
-VC games are pro-scan enabled.
-$250 "seems appropriate"
-More 3rd party exclusives than the Cube

(reading zelda now)

Sounds pretty awesome so far.

No.1

I think everyone expected it to be between $199-249. I doubt it's firm though since Craig-IGN mentioned Nintendo didn't have a firm price tag for the DS Lite until the last week before making the announcement.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The whole thing about the controllers costing a ton doesn't exactly make sense because you know they have to offer them as accesories and I'm not sure who is gonna want to fork down $50+ for a wiimote.

RSP

chappelle.jpg

Nintendo is fucking up!

koam

-Zelda is 80% complete, delay was for graphic tweaks, wii functions and because they want the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of 1 to 100.
-NO SWINGING THE CONTROLLER for the sword, you just press a button. There are some cases where you will swing though. Reason = you'll get tired too fast
-Controller does sound effects
-Widescreen on the REV only!
-Navi is only when you play on the REV.
-Something with online is planned but no battle mode.
-More dungeons than OOT already
-More items too

empanada

koam said:
-Zelda is 80% complete, delay was for graphic tweaks, wii functions and because they want the game to be measured on a scale of 1 to 120 instead of 1 to 100.
-NO SWINGING THE CONTROLLER for the sword, you just press a button. There are some cases where you will swing though. Reason = you'll get tired too fast
-More items too
Awesome! Widescreen confirmed!

I guess the speaker is the final wiimote secret???

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
VC games seem a bit expensive

The speaker in the controller could be alright, as long as the sound quality is good. Remembering the TGS trailer, it looks like they were hinting at that feature

eXistor

Good stuff. If Nintendo would now bundle Zelda with Wii then that's that, Nintendo will have a great headstart.

Eric_S

koam said:

That made me think of spinal tap for some reason.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
MOST things sound awesome, but that getting tired thing doesn't bode well.

More dungeons than OoT = orgasm worthy

And so much for the Wii only rumour.

koam said:
-More items too

I wanted to swing the controller. :[ It was supposed to be all about doing precise small movements.

sammy

-More items too

!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Sound = vibration = rumble?

Sound, but no mic???

Online features? Probably downloadable dungeons?

Who said no Dolby Digital Sound???

bobble

Mama Smurf said:

Getting tired thing DOES bode well. Less retarded insane swinging, more subtle movements?!

Mama Smurf said:

No, they DON'T require you to swing the controller, cause they KNOW it will get tiring.

koam

More..

Metroid Prime 3 - No launch for you! 2007 release
Godzilla (atari) and Snoopy vs the Red Baron (namco) announced

Rocked

I'm glad about the no swinging thing. It shows Nintendo's not gonna use the features just for the sake of it.

sammy

the thing that gets me pumped about the speaker paired with the rumble ---- is that you'll have a precise point of reference in 3d-space where your weapons contact an enemy.

think: sword swing, and being able to plot exactly where the speaker/rumble started in mid-air

guise

No MP3 for launch :'(

Zelda sounds fucking awesome though!

Speaker in the wiimote is a nice touch but i hope it isnt the final secret. It could make for some nice features in games though

Top Bottom