• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos hacked by rogue Anonymous

Cday

Banned
Pretty sure I've seen "owned by chippy1137" before so it's probably some kind of hacker inside joke.

antonz said:
It can be several things. Chippy1337 could be a dozen different people or on the contrary he is good enough that being all over the place doesnt bother him.

[16:11] <@n`> dont link it to krak
[16:11] <@n`> baadddd idea
[16:12] <@n`> make a deface page pointing @ xero
[16:12] <@n`> with personal info
[16:12] <@n`> or someone else you dont like
[16:12] <@n`> “This hack was brought to you by X\

[16:12] <@n`> ya i got them all here
[16:13] <ev0> is the lfi patched
[16:13] <ev0> and the box secured
[16:13] <ev0> we’re going to get ddos
[16:13] <@n`> no
[16:13] <@n`> too much effort
[16:13] <@n`> i cleared the logs
[16:13] <ev0> we put it in the name of chippy1337
[16:13] <ev0> and direct it to irc.ddosing.eu #808
[16:13] <ev0> and write the names
[16:14] <ev0> ryan, dfs, xero, nikon, xix, venuism
[16:14] <ev0> and evilhom3r
[16:14] <@n`> YES
[16:14] <@n`> *yes
[16:14] <ev0> lol
[16:14] <@n`> and call out their dox if we have it
[16:14] <@n`> add some skiddy shit

The guy was most likely framed or a fake name

shit's old anon. lets move onto something that doesn't inconvenience millions of internauts who would otherwise be on your side.

Chesskid1

Banned
wow i just googled chippy1337 and like 7th result is from piratebay /w newly added torrent filed called

deus.ex.owned.by.irc.ddosing.eu.808-chippy1337

under ebook section (81 MB).

it says

- SQL dumps from eidos

and a bunch of other gibberish

maybe text documents or something. maybe someone good with computers will download it and tell us what it is, i dont want to be hacked.

sorry if this is against the rules cause i mention some bad sites but there could be info in that torrent that could protect users if they find it out.

ElRenoRaven

Ah. You can feel that? That's the law enforcement officials moving in. These dumbshits are getting cocky and their little war is gonna get them all busted.

Slavik81

Rabbitwork said:
shit's old anon. lets move onto something that doesn't inconvenience millions of internauts who would otherwise be on your side.
Why would you ever be on their side? I guarantee that they've never been on yours. They're like rabid dogs. They'll bite anyone.

B-Dex

This just goes to show how lax companies are with their own and other user's private info. Hopefully companies start getting their shit together cause this is getting stupid at this point.

Slavik81 said:
Why would you ever be on their side? I guarantee that they've never been on yours. They're like rabid dogs. They'll bite anyone.
Not exactly true. The problem with Anonymous is that it's just that -- Anonymous. I'm Anonymous. You're Anonymous. There's no fucking membership form to fill out, Anonymous is ANYONE. Most of the time the hacking community that strikes against big corporations is on the consumers side. In the case of Sony (and now Eiodos) the landscape has changed.

The Internet is going to be a much different place in 10 years.

Mik2121

Someone should start telling people that these kids are not hackers but crackers. There's a difference in there.

I would so laugh if Sony or Eidos or whoever they try to mess around with next, could track their id and start taking people to jail. This shit costs a lot of money to many companies.

Huff

Banned
Baller said:
Not exactly true. The problem with Anonymous is that it's just that -- Anonymous. I'm Anonymous. You're Anonymous. There's no fucking membership form to fill out, Anonymous is ANYONE. Most of the time the hacking community that strikes against big corporations is on the consumers side. In the case of Sony (and now Eiodos) the landscape has changed.

It will be a baron wasteland due to the constant battles between Hackers and Corporations. No one is safe.

Baller said:

Here in neogaf, we constantly discuss who/what/when/where/how is Anonymous.

Constantly, we are reminded that they are "everyone", "everything", "everywhere","anything", blah, blah, blah, ______________(something vague).

Yet, just somehow...we can all conclude that they are on our side.

For no good reason at all.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Rabbitwork said:
Like what? Attacking and harassing random girls with youtube channels and vlogs posting stupid shit? Raids on "attention whores?"

Frankly, as much as I hate that they're compromising people's private information, at least its through attacking corporations, instead of private citizens directly.
Dreamgazer said:
Here in neogaf, we constantly discuss who/what/when/where/how is Anonymous.

Constantly, we are reminded that they are "everyone", "everything", "everywhere","anything", blah, blah, blah.

Yet, just somehow...we can all conclude that they are on our side.

For no good reason at all.
What bugs me is that the OP's thread title is qualifies them as "rogue." What the fuck is rogue anon? There is no centralized organization. Anon is anyone and everyone who's willing to take the title upon themselves and associate themselves with the actions of their fellows through 4chan and its external chatrooms. Its malicious intent for the sake of itself.

Nicktals

Banned
People talking about "the law coming down" on this person kind of bug me. Like this is going make things even, and fair. What if this is simply some kid from Ecuador who has a computer, a bright mind, and a lot of curiosity/free time. Anonymous is not some unified group. Just like GAF isn't.

The law doesn't fucking matter here. Whatever this guy gets is out. Even under punishment of death, it's out. The law simply doesn't matter. Also, in cases of international breaches, the law is often useless anyways.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Nicktals said:
People talking about "the law coming down" on this person kind of bug me. Like this is going make things even, and fair. What if this is simply some kid from Ecuador who has a computer, a bright mind, and a lot of curiosity/free time. Anonymous is not some unified group. Just like GAF isn't.

The law doesn't fucking matter here. Whatever this guy gets is out. Even under punishment of death, it's out. The law simply doesn't matter. Also, in cases of international breaches, the law is often useless anyways.
Well, you know what they say. You live by the lulz, you die by the lulz.

rpmurphy

Ellis Kim said:
Like what? Attacking and harassing random girls with youtube channels and vlogs posting stupid shit? Raids on "attention whores?"

Frankly, as much as I hate that they're compromising people's private information, at least its through attacking corporations, instead of private citizens directly.
Yeah, almost everything they do as "Legion" is stupid shit, the stuff they do on their own claiming to be Anonymous are typically even stupider shit. Once in a blue moon they actually do something good for humanity, but so do a lot of other online communities, without doing all the other stuff on a constant basis.

Plasmid

Nicktals said:

Nicktals
I have a degree in everything everywhere.

Shambles

Tomat said:
Anyone else think the whole "Anonymous did it" thing is retarded?

You're right on the money. Are we so fucking desperate now that OBL is dead that we're going to plaster Anonymous as the replacement 'blame all our troubles on these guys' guys? This thread is a waste of 0's and 1's. Morons should be held accountable for making stupid threads like these.

Kusagari said:
Every attack on the internet is attributed to Anonymous now. It's really getting old.

markot said:
Yeah, pretty much all hacks these days seem to be blamed on them >_<

Oh hey, it's correction time.
1. There is no "them". Anonymous can be anyone (definition provided by anonymous supporters)

2. A rogue anonymous is an anonymous that use to be one of those anonymous ,that you might be thinking of, but has chosen to no longer to be associated with those anonymous, that you might be thinking of. Hence, when the article says rogue anonymous, they're really not blaming on the anonymous that you might thinking of. Of course, perhaps "ex-anonymous anonymous " or "former-anonymous anonymous" would have been better.

Everything is GOOD!

Now all we need is a "united unconscious" to pop up to make things less confusing + stop making everyone blaming the anonymous that we might be thinking of.

Pollux

Jarmel said:
Do they actually have the Deus Ex source code? That would do some SERIOUS damage to Eidos if it got released.
How? If anyone tried to use it Eidos could sue them and show they have the original code...so whats the point of all this?

hamchan

Takao said:
What did Eidos, or Square Enix do to provoke an attack? All they've done is just exist...
Yep. Eidos has started making better games too, so this is extra shitty from the hackers.

Ugh, this stuff is making me sick to my stomach.

It's just this weird ass 4chan thing, where the more fucked up you are the cooler you are. Because the internet is so diluted w/ craziness that you have to do REALLY crazy stuff to get attention, so you have to make fun of dead 10 year old girls on facebook for people to go, "Wow chubby nerdy man. You are so badass!"

I'm all for the death penalty of hackers. This is getting obnoxious.

And I've been saying for a while, that I'd gladly destroy the internet. It's just a mess of crap. Soon we'll just be like China and half a ton of sights restricted, because people can't handle themselves online.

Enco

I don't give a shit who's hacking this site or any of the other sites but they should all be fucking locked up.

They're criminals and no one can argue with that.

antonz

MaddenNFL64 said:
It's crazy how everyone & their grandma is anonymous now. Fucking crazy.
Yep though it is a tried and true practice when dealing with covert groups. You take them out by divide and conquer.

Get them fighting internally so they go after each other through claims of one set doing something against others,

Darknessbear said:

It's just this weird ass 4chan thing, where the more fucked up you are the cooler you are. Because the internet is so diluted w/ craziness that you have to do REALLY crazy stuff to get attention, so you have to make fun of dead 10 year old girls on facebook for people to go, "Wow chubby nerdy man. You are so badass!"

I see...

ElRenoRaven

antonz said:
Yep though it is a tried and true practice when dealing with covert groups. You take them out by divide and conquer.

Get them fighting internally so they go after each other through claims of one set doing something against others,

And it really seems to be working too. It will be interesting to see what happens to them all.

wsippel

Banned
Darknessbear said:

And I've been saying for a while, that I'd gladly destroy the internet. It's just a mess of crap. Soon we'll just be like China and half a ton of sights restricted, because people can't handle themselves online.
How does this affect you exactly? Not at all? Thought so.

Also, there's no way to brag if nobody has any clue who you are. And not knowing who did what is exactly what anonymous is about.

MaddenNFL64

PsychoRaven said:
And it really seems to be working too. It will be interesting to see what happens to them all.

But think of it, even if all the hackers from the Wikileaks episodes to PSN getting hacked to this, to whatever in the future, get caught, this name will always be there.

The moniker of "Anonymous" is fucking perfect. Even if all the hackers that exist today get caught, someone will become "Anonymous".

The major issue with creating a movement behind this, is that ANYONE can be anonymous. So one group may be about getting secret docs from governments & another may be for getting corporate info & use it for ransom.

Double edged sword.

Oh its good to see people aren't collapsing the hackers who did this, with the hackers who got into PSN, with those who did the Wikileaks counter-actions.

Because its all totally the same thing and obviously only the same 10 people would do all three.

MaddenNFL64

Wolves Evolve said:
Oh its good to see people aren't collapsing the hackers who did this, with the hackers who got into PSN, with those who did the Wikileaks counter-actions.

Because its all totally the same thing and obviously only the same 10 people would do all three.

It so was the same 10 people dude, totally was.

wsippel said:
How does this affect you exactly? Not at all? Thought so.

Also, there's no way to brag if nobody has any clue who you are. And not knowing who did what is exactly what anonymous is about.
How do these hackers affect me? Not at all? What? PSN has been down for a few weeks now (hackers in general). Plus, they are targeting random game developers now which I totally dislike. Since I've been training for a while to get in the industry and have major respect for the companies.

And of course they want the attention of all this. I can guarantee you it's not for the good of others. And those "anonymous" brag all the time in threads. It's completely dumb yes, but that's my point.

Wolves Evolve said:

It's obvious people are just showing their distaste for hackers that targeting the game industry. Nobody thinks it is the same people... or maybe they do. Who knows.

Wolves Evolve said:

NO ONE KNOWS - could totally be.

*rolls dice*

Top Bottom