• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Montreal teases new Deus Ex: The Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubeads

theyre probably porting one of the minigames from dx4 (presumably) to smart phones.

Where will YOU take the fall? will you take it with you on the bus? will you take it with you to the bathroom? the possibilities are endless.

im 99% sure of it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Square Enix has a habit of giving fans what they don't want lately, you know?
Also, revealing this far ahead of E3 tells me that it's not a top-priority title.

It's also notably not on a Game Informer Tuesday, which is usually the other time something *right* before E3 would get unveiled if it were big.

Some people do have arbitrary announcements, but it's usually for ultra expected products like Need For Speed as opposed to something like Deus Ex.

Edit: https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/341634871678078976

Seems Game Informer isn't even having a cover until E3 press conference day.

i-Lo

I doubt the next Deus Ex can scratch the itch that Cyberpunk 2077 is looking to do. As much as I loved Human Revolution, Cyberpunk is looking to build a world akin to Fallout 3 (or thereabout) in size. Another point of grievance is how unnaturally persistent some of the things in the world were which made it feel like time never really passed in the game. And finally the ending...

I appreciate this thread for tempering expectations for me. This gives me time to come to terms with a very possible lame announcement before the 5th.

I doubt the next Deus Ex can scratch the itch that Cyberpunk 2077 is looking to do. As much as I loved Human Revolution, Cyberpunk is looking to build a world akin to Fallout 3 (or thereabout) in size. Another point of grievance is how unnaturally persistent some of the things in the world were which made it feel like time never really passed in the game. And finally the ending...

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a design doc and CG trailer. I want to believe, but it's all talk until it comes out... in 2015.

I wouldn't mind a nice piece of DLC along with the improvements from the Wii version.

Don't think it's going to happen though.

i-Lo

Cyberpunk 2077 is still a design doc and CG trailer. I want to believe, but it's all talk until it comes out... in 2015.

True but it is the one visionary game that is looking to do for cyberpunk (and even less esoteric sci-fi fans) what Fallout 3 did for Fallout franchise. While there is no doubt that it is a gigantic undertaking with significant risk, in a world where more and more publishers want to play it safe and indies don't have the budget to fulfil truly grand visions, a game like Cyberpunk, a multi disciplinary WRPG is what is really needed to shake things up.

It also irks me to not see any WRPG (esp. sci-fi of which there aren't many) is under development by either MS's or Nintendo's or Sony's (rumour has it GG may be developing a fantasy WRPG of which there are quite a few) first parties.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So there is a chance of this being officially announced today or tomorrow right? Saw this tweet about 10 minutes ago and well this would fit the criteria of something they'd talk about (the other game being Harmonix's new game) as opposed to something smaller.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/341753296349966336

jeffgerstmann
This week's podcast deals a lot with games that are unannounced right now but will be announced when the podcast goes up.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
More Jensen please.

i5EHlOM13AVoo.gif

So there is a chance of this being officially announced today or tomorrow right? Saw this tweet about 10 minutes ago and well this would fit the criteria of something they'd talk about (the other game being Harmonix's new game) as opposed to something smaller.

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/341753296349966336

jeffgerstmann
This week's podcast deals a lot with games that are unannounced right now but will be announced when the podcast goes up.

The Harmonix game is being revealed tomorrow as you said, so it's probably that -- although he does say "a lot" of games.

Sure would be nice if they actually used Visual Works for the game cinematics next time. The VW trailer was so much better than the actual game cinematics that it was almost a criminal bait-and-switch.

Oh well, hearing this news is still
sH2UQ.gif

I should point out that the 5th is a Wednesday, and new releases on the Apple App Store typically come out on Wednesdays at night -- and usually have a quick turnaround from announcement to release. TWEWY for iOS had a one-day announcement/release. And, that Vine looks like it's from a trailer. Why would the trailer mention the date of the announcement?

I hope I am wrong.

Grief.exe

Sure would be nice if they actually used Visual Works for the game cinematics next time. The VW trailer was so much better than the actual game cinematics that it was almost a criminal bait-and-switch.

Oh well, hearing this news is still
sH2UQ.gif

The compressed videos on the PC version were atrocious.

Really breaks immersion when you go from high settings, downsampled from 1440p, AA/AF/DX11 to a 720p compressed video with equally compressed audio.

I'm gonna be fucking pissed if its not a sequel for next-gen/pc.

There's even Bob Page voice on the fucking teaser for fucks sake.

ash_ag

Just look at the logo; this isn't DX4.

I won't mind something for mobile or an animated movie by Eidos Montreal though. Do note that this says "Are we ready to begin?". Might as well be the events after HR, leading to part 1. There's also a chance this might be a HR DLC. Wouldn't mind that really if it's something interesting. :)

Lime

Hire better animators, better narrative designers, and try to push boundaries (ludic and semiotic), and I'll look forward to what they have to offer.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is too severely flawed to warrant an automatic "good" sequel.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder how they'll turn the Deus Ex formula into a touch screen game?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
HR had some of the design work of the generation. The lead designer, Jonathan Jacques-Belletête has an awesome (NSFW) tumblr where he posts a lot of his inspiration and answers quite a few questions about designing.

jamesjosephmcquillan asked: I know you guys had things that were cut or left out from Deus Ex Human Revolution due to time/cost etc. What was the thing you personally were most gutted about having to leave out?

I’ve answered this question a hundred times. But it’s ok. Here it is: it was definitely the Upper Hengsha city HUB. The entire second floor of Hengsha in Shanghai was a full fledged city HUB. The architecture was my favorite of the entire game and the most futuristic looking location. The background with the towering Tai Yong Medical building with the sunset burning in the back was just insane. Oh well, that’s what making games is all about sometimes. Cutting where it hurts in order to ship a proper game. It’s all good. We’re professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom