• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Montreal teases new Deus Ex: The Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
They got rid of the outsourced bosses in the Wii U version of HR. I don't think you have to worry, they learned their lesson.

The fixed it for The Missing Link DLC too and that came out a few months after HR. Safe to say they learned their lesson.

zma1013

The Missing Link really didn't even have a boss...(which I'm fine with, by the way.)

Well what typically would have been a boss fight they turned into another stealth/action room where your main goal was to get to the main bad guy, which is simply much more interesting than shooting generic bad guy with x1000 health.

Well what typically would have been a boss fight they turned into another stealth/action room where your main goal was to get to the main bad guy, which is simply much more interesting than shooting generic bad guy with x1000 health.

Definitely. I thought it was a really interesting encounter, and was much more satisfying then what you would typically see as a boss fight (at least the ones from the main game). The "fight" was really just the environment, and you could tackle it in a lot of different ways.

gaming_noob

Aside from Gears of War 1, Human Revolution felt like a true next-gen experience for its time. Very excited for The Fall!

Grief.exe

Deus Ex without the shackles of current-gen consoles to hold back the PC version.

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

Eh. They've got a lot of revamping to do though. Human Revolution was good, but I thought it was basically Deus Ex remade for current gen. First get rid of the QTEs, battery system and dumb-as-bricks NPCs and dead cities.

sn00zer

The non-build up to that logo is making me think this is going to be a sort of 1.5 sequel for current gen consoles like Origins to tied over until the next gen release

While I'm interested in seeing more of Adam Jensen, I'm just plain excited at the prospect of another Deus Ex game. At least, I hope it's the game that's going to be announced and not the movie. o_o

While I'm interested in seeing more of Adam Jensen, I'm just plain excited at the prospect of another Deus Ex game. At least, I hope it's the game that's going to be announced and not the movie. o_o

I don't think Jensen will be in this, whatever it is. Elias Toufexis (the voice of Adam) said on Twitter he has no idea what this is about. (Not that he would be able to admit it if he did know what it was, though.)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Jensen will be in this, whatever it is. Elias Toufexis (the voice of Adam) said on Twitter he has no idea what this is about. (Not that he would be able to admit it if he did know what it was, though.)

I hope he's lying because of contractual obligations. I really, really want him back.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sure are a lot of people excited in this thread.

.la1n

Releasing Dues Ex HR on PS Plus NA could be an indication of simply an expansion being announced. A true next gen would need longer development me thinks before it would be ready for a reveal, would like to be wrong though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Releasing Dues Ex HR on PS Plus NA could be an indication of simply an expansion being announced. A true next gen would need longer development me thinks before it would be ready for a reveal, would like to be wrong though.

Thief is next gen only and it's already been revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom