• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiji Aonuma talks Skyward Sword in Nintendo Power interview

LTTP had a lot of items, but for the most part, they were put to good use when it came to the dungeons.

I still want my cel shaded Zelda that's pretty much like LoZ, with just a shield, bow, bombs, sword, and a candle.

Boney

Banned
Refreshment.01 said:
Its kind of funny you mention Spirit Tracks since i think it had some of the most interesting puzzles the series has seen in the latest 3/4 entries. As a side note and going by memory, i think Phantom had 1 or 2 items more than Spirit Tracks.
It had a shovel instead of a pan flute..

What I'm saying it's that a vast amount of items shouldn't be what stopping them from making dungeons rely on just one item.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
LTTP had a lot of items, but for the most part, they were put to good use when it came to the dungeons.

I still want my cel shaded Zelda that's pretty much like LoZ, with just a shield, bow, bombs, sword, and a candle.
Well i don't like that item list :D , because i think the following games had a lot of inventive and fun ones. But if Nintendo gave me the freedome of the first game i would take those no problem.

GCX

Refreshment.01 said:
Its kind of funny you mention Spirit Tracks since i think it had some of the most interesting puzzles the series has seen in the latest 3/4 entries.
The programmer who came up with Spirit Tracks puzzles is working on Skyward Sword too.

Boney said:
What I'm saying it's that a vast amount of items shouldn't be what stopping them from making dungeons rely on just one item.
Yes this is true. But on the other hand you can't focus enough in extracting an item full potential as the number of them increases. There are items that always stand out more than the others, so its shame ifthe designers can't explore the full range of possibilities.

GCX said:
The programmer who came up with Spirit Tracks puzzles is working on Skyward Sword too.
Thats nice to know :D Designer or programmer?

GCX

Refreshment.01 said:
Thats nice to know :D Designer or programmer?
Programmer. Nintendo wanted to get a fresh take on puzzles so they put a programmer in charge of it instead of a designer.

Top Bottom