• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

HardRojo

Mika makes this shit look like MKX, 50/50s are the worst thing to happen to fighting games.

50/50s have always been there: Will they jump away, tech or block? Will he go for a command grab, a meaty of stand there?
What sucks is characters having access to 50/50s after another 50/50, that shit shouldn't exist and yes, I agree there that Mika sucks in that regard, being in the corner and having to guess one time after another is stupid. Same with Laura.
Edit: It's the reason I enjoy footsie oriented gameplay much more and I hated vortexes in SF4.

Syntsui

But it's literally the same game plan so... I don't really get it.

Not really, his options don't end up in those ridiculous vortex, you can eat some damage if you are scared to get grabbed and that's it. Mika puts you on a loop where you absolutely can't guess wrong, it's very exhausting.

50/50s have always been there: Will they jump away, tech or block? Will he go for a command grab, a meaty of stand there?
What sucks is characters having access to 50/50s after another 50/50, that shit shouldn't exist and yes, I agree there that Mika sucks in that regard, being in the corner and having to guess one time after another is stupid. Same with Laura.

Yes, the problem here is the vortex she creates with the way she was built.

FluxWaveZ

Gief has much less mobility and needs to take more risks to get in and stay in compared to Mika.

His plan is still to put opponents in 50/50 situations. That's the entire focus of a grappler. Surely you're not saying you think Mika is a stronger character than Zangief, when pretty much all of the top players are saying otherwise.

Not really, his options don't end up in those ridiculous vortex, you can eat some damage if you are scared to get grabbed and that's it. Mika puts you on a loop where you absolutely can't guess wrong, it's very exhausting.

I don't understand. This is what Zangief does. You get HP SPD'd and it's guessing time. Guess wrong, and it's gonna be guessing time again after the KD. "Eat some damage" is a ridiculous understatement. Why do you think so many people put Gief in SFV's top 10 characters?

Wallach

Wallach said unto the Twitch gathering - "Lo, forget not that Xiao Hai is a choker" on the dawn of the final round of the battle.

And so it came to pass, and Xiao Hai was laid low by his own hand.

Dahbomb

Guys it wasn't a choke...

It was download complete.

218.png_large

Top Bottom