• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

Tripon

Ricki
Gllty
Gootecks
LI Joe

The new Ocean 7

9JcnB0B.png

Hyun Sai

Top 3 of this group, 3 pad players.

Wait, how many Pad players are in semis ? Du, Luffy, Wolfkrone, Snake eyes, Punk...

Sticks will soon go extinct at this rate...

mbpm1

Wait, how many Pad players are in semis ? Du, Luffy, Wolfkrone, Snake eyes, Punk...

jokes on them, the future is on hitbox. gootecks will have the last laugh!

Are you really dumb enough to call Haitani trash? You can just admit that you don't know much.

not denying the others though :O

Dahbomb

I made this prediction like month 1 of SFV that the pad players are going to be very good in SF4 compared to SFV. SFV is VERY pad friendly, among the pad friendliest fighting games out there. There's no distinct advantage for using stick anymore (SF4 had plinking which was a small advantage for stick players).

Syntsui

Gootecks was right all along, and you guys were clowning him smh.

I made this prediction like month 1 of SFV that the pad players are going to be very good in SF4 compared to SFV. SFV is VERY pad friendly, among the pad friendliest fighting games out there. There's no distinct advantage for using stick anymore (SF4 had plinking which was a small advantage for stick players).
Well, they were doing well with pad in SFIV anyway, but I agree with you.

Hyun Sai

Don't forget Smuggles.

Didn't forget it, was just counting the players qualified in the Semis ^^

True. Was doing fine with the pad in SFV, but when KoF XIV dropped, that was just not possible anymore :(

MechaX

Still blows my mind that Gootecks came in dressed like he was Leon the fucking Professional and goes out like an absolute chump

Dali

What's the prize for winning the whole enchilada? And are the players paid a salary while there? What about transportation and accommodations? This thing is gonna last weeks. Probably cost prohibitive for the European and Asian players to go home between rounds. Just curious about how these players are paid for an invitational like this.

What's the prize for winning the whole enchilada? And are the players paid a salary while there? What about transportation and accommodations? This thing is gonna last weeks. Probably cost prohibitive for the European and Asian players to go home between rounds. Just curious about how these players are paid for an invitational like this.

They're only doing one pool per week for the next couple of weeks right? Presumably they're only getting flown out when they actually have matches

mbpm1

I've heard big numbers. Like, $250,000. I don't know if that's the whole thing or split between people though.

Pads are pretty much regarded as superior to sticks at this point. This is especially true in a game where plinking/pianoing is completely unnecessary.

That said, there's nothing like the feel of an arcade stick.

Dali

They're only doing one pool per week for the next couple of weeks right? Presumably they're only getting flown out when they actually have matches
Most tournaments dont require that long to be finished. Are they flying in and out on their own dime or is eleague covering it. Is eleague covering their board if they decide to stay? I know they have sponsors but the draw for this is the names. It wouldn't be anything without the big name players they secured.

I've heard big numbers. Like, $250,000. I don't know if that's the whole thing or split between people though.
Whoa. That was the 1st prize for capcom cup wasn't it?

Dahbomb

Pads are pretty much regarded as superior to sticks at this point. This is especially true in a game where plinking/pianoing is completely unnecessary.

That said, there's nothing like the feel of an arcade stick.
On stick you can do double tapping easier but that is also completely optional for SFV.

Hyun Sai

Pads are pretty much regarded as superior to sticks at this point.

There are still many technical games where the stick is better, so it's more a case by case basis. KoF Hop / Hyper hop / Super Jump are so much easier on stick per example, not to mention games with very strict inputs. But those games are not the most popular ones.

Top Bottom