• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELI MANNING OWNS TIKI BARBER, THE AFC, THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, AND THE UNIVERSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
54bqqg.jpg

2rg0r51.gif
v.
1180ehi.gif

24cxqw1.jpg
v.
zycax3.jpg

10f7wo0.jpg
v.
1emlqh.jpg

2v0xqgi.jpg
v.
eueu0y.jpg

(Yes I went there)

18-0 v 10-1 on the road

Kickoff: 6:17 PM EST Sunday, Feb 3rd.

Two whole fucking weeks to wait. Let's do this shit!

Big-E

The Messiah and St. Peter will lay the foundation in which all other teams will look up to and worship.

i was actually wondering today while watching Sportscenter why ESPN hasn't started pushing the Sox/Yanks angle with this whole thing. Then i remembered there's still 2 weeks give them time, by friday they'll have montages with Babe Ruth and David Ortiz.

Big-E

I was wondering how many of the regulars are going to be able to post during the game. I for one will be getting drunk. I think I will play a game where I will drink some kool aid and vodka whenever Maroney gains a first down.

Big-E said:
I was wondering how many of the regulars are going to be able to post during the game. I for one will be getting drunk. I think I will play a game where I will drink some kool aid and vodka whenever Maroney gains a first down.

You'll be drunk as fuck cause Moss and Wes are getting shut down!

Also,

8-2 this 2008 Post-Season

NYG vs. NE

38-35 with no motivation and a secondary that wasn't at 100%.

Besides, Eli has played better than all QB's this postseason, including Lord Brady.

Somebody was telling me they wil never have a future Superbowl in an outdoor northern stadium. Said they didn't want to have another Icebowl for the fans sakes...

This true? Doesn't seem fair to those franchises who stick true to real football, they'll never get the revenue from a superbowl. It also discourages franchise teams from forming anywhere but the south / without a dome.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Big-E said:

I should be here repping for the Lord and his disciples.

bionic77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this superbowl lacks the 49ers but i'll watch anyways.

go giants!
For once I agree with you FMT.

Eli save us!

Dr. Strangelove said:
I should be here repping for the Lord and his disciples.
Brady is the Lord of Darkness, don't just call him THE Lord.

That is Ben's Father.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
soulja224466 said:
this is superbowl 36 all over again, except the pats will be on the opposite end this time.
That and 1990 are the things keeping my hopes afloat.

I would like to take the time to point out a couple of quotes from people from before the playoffs. I won't name names... and I hope this doesn't come back to bite me. ;)

Thanks for nothing, Eli. You fucking shithead.

I cant believe this. Eli and the Giants choke this away. Actually yes I can. This game is like Eli's whole career. Flashes of being good, and then fucking awful down the stretch. I'll repeat it again. The Giants will have a new QB in the '09 season.

Oh the drama.
It doesn't matter if the Pats win or lose, seeing people get all riled up like this is priceless.
Eli is such a tool. I hope the Bucs D shit all over this dumb bastard next week.

The sooner you come the realization that Eli Manning sucks the sooner you will have realistic expectations for the Giants. Then again the NFC pretty much sucks so I suppose it is a possiblity for ANY team to win 2 in a row.

Eli is and average to below average QB. The OVERALL numbers speak for themselves. So his QBR is 100+ out of play action yet there is 12 other QB's in the NFC with a higher QBR overall. I guess if you take out the fact that his QBR not on play action plays is pathetic. You might see things with rose colored glasses such as yourself. The Giants will be winning no Superbowls with him at QB because he is to inconsistent. Period.

Since it's highly unlikely they'll even make it to the superbowl the Giants should go all out tonight against the patriots. It would suck to go down in the record books as being the last team to roll over and give the Pats their perfect season.

If I were the Giants this game would be played balls to the wall for 60mins, w/starters. It makes no difference because theyre gonna lose to Tampa next week.

Giants will win...My prediction will hold true, end of story.

shakehead.gif

Wellington said:
That and 1990 are the things keeping my hopes afloat.

I would like to take the time to point out a couple of quotes from people from before the playoffs. I won't name names... and I hope this doesn't come back to bite me. ;)

shakehead.gif

i will only point out that Bears fans were feeling about Rex Grossman much the same way you are about Eli around this time last year, ask them how far that got them this season. A couple of games does not erase 4 years of inconsistent underachieving.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ninja Scooter said:
i will only point out that Bears fans were feeling about Rex Grossman much the same way you are about Eli around this time last year, ask them how far that got them this season. A couple of games does not erase 4 years of inconsistent underachieving.
Mark Rypien.

dkeane

All you Pats haters will love this...

Should be a good (Extremely over blown) storyline over the next 2 weeks.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
studio810 said:
All you Pats haters will love this...

IMG]http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/41383/2006006055625991962_rs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Should be a good (Extremely over blown) storyline over the next 2 weeks.

I tried to figure out why this picture was posted at first. Thought maybe Brady was wearing a hood and glasses because he just robbed a cake and flowers store with the arsenal of heavy weapons in his bag.

Wellington said:

don't fuck with me wellington. You think you're ornery for having to wait 7 years between super bowl appearances? I've been waiting since 1991 and 5 of those years were with Norv Fucking Turner as head coach.

Archaix said:
I tried to figure out why this picture was posted at first. Thought maybe Brady was wearing a hood and glasses because he just robbed a cake and flowers store with the arsenal of heavy weapons in his bag.

Yeah, i don't get it either.

dkeane

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Yeah, i don't get it either.
He's got a brace on this foot. Probably just bruised up but it'll be blown out of proportion. He said today he was a little nicked up.

studio810 said:
He's got a brace on this foot. Probably just bruised up but it'll be blown out of proportion. He said today he was a little nicked up.

I give this some attention if the superbowl wasn't two weeks away.

Karakand

Ninja Scooter said:
don't fuck with me wellington. You think you're ornery for having to wait 7 years between super bowl appearances? I've been waiting since 1991 and 5 of those years were with Norv Fucking Turner as head coach.
And Ol' Ball Coach.

Click clack!

I expect it to be a tough game, but all I say is historically these "dynastic" teams, or whatever you want to call them, that win multiple Super Bowls don't lose one they get in the Super Bowl. See for example: 49ers, Steelers dynasties. But hey, the Pats beat the Rams when everyone thought they would get destroyed, although hindsight says that Pats may have been much like the '81 49ers, the start of something bigger.

GitarooMan said:
although hindsight says that Pats may have been much like the '81 49ers, the start of something bigger.

Giants have an amazingly young offense (as far as the main weapons go), why can't they be the start of something bigger?

I promise this is my last comment of Bradshaw fanboyism until the game... but I wouldn't risk a ban on it.

But, just in case you guys missed it last thread at the end, Bradshaw = Not in last Giants/Pats game. HE WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! but... I wouldn't risk a ban on it.

Actually, wasn't Strahan out that game, as well?

Striker

Ninja Scooter said:
Underachieving:

1) three straight playoff appearances
2) winning three games on the road to advance to the SB: in Tampa, in Dallas, and in Green Bay
3) Eli is playing superb in the post-season; Grossman was his usual self

Try again later.

i'm not saying i would be surprised if eli has a bad game in the superbowl, but to compare him to grossman is a joke. the bears won IN SPITE of grossman. the giants are winning because of eli.

Giants - 31
Patriots - 27

count on THAT ladies!

Striker said:
Underachieving:

1) three straight playoff appearances
2) winning three games on the road to advance to the SB: in Tampa, in Dallas, and in Green Bay
3) Eli is playing superb in the post-season; Grossman was his usual self

Try again later.

Grossman went the whole postseason (prior to the SB) without throwing an INT too. He had elevated his play playing in the playoffs of an inferior conference.

Lefty

From the NE game on, Eli's whole demeanor has changed. He seems more fired up, gives it to his receivers a little when they mess up(nothing too bad, just a disappointed thing), but still has that "awww shucks" look when he messes up:lol

He is also using the pump fake much better, has tighter spirals, and goes through the progression of his receivers faster.

And the last time the Giants played a fast scoring offense in the SB was 1990 where previously in the regular season they lost to the Bills but then beat them in the SB. Coincidence? I think not, Giants win:D

One more historical nugget:

Name the team that went 11-5, won three road playoff games on the way to the Super Bowl energizing their fan base with dreams of upset, and then faced a team many considered a unbeatable juggernaut.

Answer:
1985 Patriots

jman2050

Ninja Scooter said:

I guess Pats fans aren't the enemy here. It's idiot fans of bad teams trying to jump ship who are the problem.

Eli was never ever ever ever ever ever EVER as bad as Rex Grossman was, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, and Eli is younger than Grossman.

Striker

Ninja Scooter said:
Grossman went the whole postseason (prior to the SB) without throwing an INT too. He had elevated his play playing in the playoffs of an inferior conference.
Like I said, there's a difference.

Eli won on the road in hostile stadiums and is playing like one of the best QB's in the post-season. Grossman was carried by his supporting cast and played games against Seattle and the Saints at home.

Slo

What I wouldn't have given for a Eli vs Rivers, Merriman, Kaeding Super Bowl....

In any case, GO GIANTS!

jman2050 said:
I guess Pats fans aren't the enemy here. It's idiot fans of bad teams trying to jump ship who are the problem.

Eli was never ever ever ever ever ever EVER as bad as Rex Grossman was, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

Oh yeah, and Eli is younger than Grossman.

i don't think he's as bad as Rex. I'd take Eli over Rex every day of the week. But his jump in the playoffs is similar to Rex. All i'm saying is im not quick to claim "REDEMPTION!!!" over a few good playoff games. If this play carries over to next year and he plays a full season like this, then i'll eat some crow, but if Rex Grossman taught me anything, its that Quarterbacking a team to the Super Bowl, especially in the NFC, is not something to crown a guy over.

Striker

And Grossman threw an INT in his first post-season game last season (at home vs. SEA).

Versus the Saints in the NFCC Game, he was carried by Jones/Benson for 183 rushing yards.

As I said, there's a clear difference.

Tom Penny

Ninja Scooter said:

No he didn't. You must have watched a different Seahawks and New Orleans game than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom