• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELI MANNING OWNS TIKI BARBER, THE AFC, THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, AND THE UNIVERSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

LiveWire said:
One possible peak of glory for the division came in the early 1990's, when the division claimed four consecutive Super Bowl champions, as the Cowboys won two and the Giants and Redskins took one each."

NFC East is rising back to the top again....Redskins SB XLIII Champs! :D

They forgot the part where all four of those Super Bowls came against the same team. :D

Apologies in advance to all Bills fans here, nothing against you guys <3

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wellington said:
I bet second easiest is the Seahawks. Can't wait to tee off on them next season. Hello maynerd and Hitokage. :D
What's funny is that recently the Seahawks get handed schedules that seem hard at the start of the offseason, but turn out to be much easier than expected when they actually play them.

I guess it's time for the NFC East to fold. *shrug*

Rorschach

sorryaboutdresden said:
Don't generalize to all eagles fans.
I singled one out and I said it's usually a couple of fans making the rest look bad. I don't know how much clearer you want it.

btw- I call the great SB play "The Great Escape" but I don't know if I'm settled on it. To me, it represents the whole play, but my friend says it doesn't capture the catch part. I say it's the ball that escaped and Tyree was the grasp of freedom!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
shouldn't have anything to do with something in the past, it's needs to capture the play itself.

Rorschach said:
I singled one out and I said it's usually a couple of fans making the rest look bad. I don't know how much clearer you want it.

btw- I call the great SB play "The Great Escape" but I don't know if I'm settled on it. To me, it represents the whole play, but my friend says it doesn't capture the catch part. I say it's the ball that escaped and Tyree was the grasp of freedom!

Fair enough, my bad.

By the way, that Jason David stat is fantastic. :lol

Rorschach

Tamanon said:
Now you guys see why I didn't get why in the fuck Al Harris gets so much more hype than Woodson. It's unbelievable. Even his own team buys into it. I'd never put him on the number one guy if I had Woodson on board. Some of these stats do seem kinda skewed, though...

PS: Too bad Asomugha doesn't get thrown to at all or he'd own all those stats. :[ And I don't mean he doesn't get thrown to much or very little. I mean he doesn't get thrown to AT ALL. Dude only had 9 completions thrown on him all season and one was a spectacular, perfectly defensed catch by Wayne on the ground that shouldn't count. :[

Miguel said:
I call it "Madden AI on All-Madden difficulty"
Or rookie depending on how you look at it. ;b

Tamanon said:
I got it.

"HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES?"
Howabout... "NEW-AGE SLING SLANG! "

Novid

Banned
I had to take a few days to let what i just saw sink in.

Honestly, that was the greatest game in the last 10 years.

Im not gonna lie I had believed the Pats were gonna win. Thinking that diffrent teams were going to have a better shot at them than those have played them this season before.

But this game from jumpstreet was amazing to see. It just felt so diffrent. ALL the HD in the world cannot capture that catch that was made in the last :59 in any sort of defination.

The Pats forgot what brought them to the dance. Humlity is what creates greatness, and they wernt humbled, they got humbled. The Arrogance of Belicheck was astouding. 4-13 and you have a kicker that can go 52 yards... THEN you call a challange on a ticky tack rule that the officials would let go 9 times out of 10!?

But I had a feeling about the Giants. They wernt scared at one point during the playoffs. That Dallas game looking back was so damn close and one play the game was over but they played with out any fear.

And even though Mr Buck gets osterised here for being a piss ant and somewhat gay for Akiman, he called the best game of his career. He didnt call "The New Catch" particularlly well, but then when Plaxico the Great (yes...come ON ONE LEG! ONE LEG!) caught that pass for the game winner, you could see shades of his father. Its kinda ironic, Manning The Elder Beat's Brady, Nantz calls his best game since the 2001 Masters, Manning The Younger Beats Brady, Buck calls his best game ever since he started. It must be something in the water Archie used back in the 70's man. And oh, dont forget the whole Metal Gear Solid meme going lol...

I will never forget this game (until the eagles win one lol). We all wished for retrobution against the Lord of Darkness Brady, we got it in spades. Best season in a LONG ass time. Return of the EAST! We own the ratings, 25% of all titles, and the AFC when the NFC is bullied to hell by the BSPN media (JV LEAGUE MY ASS STEVEN A!)

(oh and you punks over at (Not) Cartoon Network holding on to E-21...can we just put on fox and be done with it? Half the damn ratings for highest rated shows are superbowl/national/american championship games...what are you SMOKING VIZ?)

maynerd

Banned
soulja224466 said:
if the pats are found guilty of taping the rams walkthrough, they should forfeit all their draft picks to us.

No you got a better draft pick because they beat you. Consider yourself lucky.

Rorschach

I just remembered, after seeing an old photochoppe, has anyone heard from Chris Collinsworth? Dude "crowned they ass" week 6. He was so proud of that at the end of the regular season as he continued to suck on Brady and Bills teats. I wonder how he took it. :D

Rorschach said:
I just remembered, after seeing an old photochoppe, has anyone heard from Chris Collinsworth? Dude "crowned they ass" week 6. He was so proud of that at the end of the regular season as he continued to suck on Brady and Bills teats. I wonder how he took it. :D

He'll be on HBO's Inside the NFL, which may air tonight if I'm not mistaken. Should be interesting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thank you GAFfers for another year of participation in what is the best community on GAF. Look forward to adding more NFL GAF to the OT Sports Whore clique next year. See ya.

Hunter D

Wellington said:
Thank you GAFfers for another year of participation in what is the best community on GAF. Look forward to adding more NFL GAF to the OT Sports Whore clique next year. See ya.
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drakken

greepoman said:
Here's a few I've seen:

The David and Eliath Play
Anti-Perfection Connection
SCRAMBLE HEAD CATCH
The Great Escape
Escape..E..to Tyree
God hates the Patriots
The Slip and Grip
The Play

The "That moment when a couple million New Yorkers all jumped up off their sofas in unison, spraying beer from their noses and screaming 'Holy **** Holy **** Holy Motherf*cking **** at each other until they were hoarse" play???!!!

The Slip and Grip is the most apt name I've seen, even if it sounds kind of silly.

Shinobi

LiveWire said:
NFC East=NFL's best

From an SI.com article:

"Consider that during a 14-year stretch beginning in 1982, the NFC East produced an astounding eight Super Bowl winners, with the Skins also losing one to the Raiders in '84. In three of those seasons a team from the division fell in the NFC Championship Game."

And from Wikipedia:

"NFC East teams have a combined 19 Super Bowl appearances and eleven wins, the highest marks of any division in the NFL. All 4 teams have won at least 3 NFL championships. Given the division member's histories and intense rivalries, many sports analysts and fans regard the NFC East as the toughest division in the NFL. One possible peak of glory for the division came in the early 1990's, when the division claimed four consecutive Super Bowl champions, as the Cowboys won two and the Giants and Redskins took one each."

NFC East is rising back to the top again....Redskins SB XLIII Champs! :D

This is what I'm talking about...fear the NFC BEast.

AstroLad said:
you guys should just consider yourself lucky that my beloved cardinals can no longer taint your precious division.

I think I danced a jig on the day you left. :lol

jman2050 said:
They forgot the part where all four of those Super Bowls came against the same team. :D

Apologies in advance to all Bills fans here, nothing against you guys <3

:lol Poor Bills...guess they'll be my second favourite team by default with the Toronto deal, not that I'll ever attend one of the games.

soulja224466 said:
if the pats are found guilty of taping the rams walkthrough, they should forfeit all their Superbowls.

I generally despise the whole fixing of other people's posts, but this is a worthy exception.

Striker said:
Pro Football Talk says HBO dumped Inside the NFL.

*shrugs*

Yeah, last episode was on at 10 last night. Didn't know it was the last. Was one of the few TV shows on the league I actually liked. Collins had nothing to say about his week 6 prediction though. But the NFL films wrap up on the SB was done well. I'm really going to miss Harry Kalas's voice overs on those highlights, always good stuff. They showed a bunch of studio highlights of the show throughout the last 31 years, some of the stuff was pretty funny. Last episode will re-air throughout the weekend.

Enron

Banned
AstroLad said:
you guys should just consider yourself lucky that my beloved cardinals can no longer taint your precious division.

It's ok. The Eagles are the new Cardinals. It's like you guys never left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom