• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elise from Fire Emblem Fates confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Blues1990

I would've loved to see some faces from Shadows of Valentia, or Path of Radiance. Hell, even the games they are representing, I would like to see Cordelia or Henry from Awakening.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Scans describing the story and systems are starting to appear, can't link them but in one of them you can see Validar from Fire Emblem Awakening (non-playable apparently but might be a boss or something).
EDIT : thanks to Blackkite here : https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/905108444889268224
- Class Change confirmed, also by using Master Seal item. Shion/Rowan (& Lianna) can promote from Lord to Master Lord.
- will have Skill system. Can equip up to 3 skills. Skills are unlocked by bonding with other characters.
- has Emblem Shop system, apparently involving using materials & permanent stat boosts... need better scan to scrutinize
- History Mode is separate from Story Mode. It retells the original story of each FE game featured.
- In History Mode you'd move charas on 2D grids like the original SRPG. When ally adjacent to enemy, battle will trigger
- Famitsu shows that Validar will appear but as enemy NPC. Scenes in History Mode will also be fully voiced.
- And Famitsu notes that this History Mode map is from Shadow Dragon. Hope we can get better look at tomorrow's HQ scans

History mode sounds like the equivalent of Adventure mode in Hyrule Warriors, but with an actual story.

I'm quite surprised at how meaty the game is. To compare with Hyrule Warriors it's night and day :
- Likely between 25 and 30 characters vs 12 at launch.
- Main campaign, History mode, Coliseum (for now) vs Legend mode and Adventure mode.
- Entirely and fully voiced game vs only text (obviously it was a deliberate choice but still, it will be a nice change of pace).
- A lot of Fire Emblem mechanics crammed into the gameplay (triangle weapon, class changes, skills, bonds, units pairing, strategic movement via the map, etc) vs the only distinct Zelda mechanics I remember in Hyrule Warriors's gameplay were the different items you could use and the bosses appearence in some levels.
- + all the QoL changes and visual enhancements that are kinda expected since Hyrule Warriors launched 3 years ago.

It's by far the most ambitious first musou in a collaboration serie. My take is that they were surprised by the sales of Hyrule Warriors and are trying to take these Nintendo collaborations as seriously as possible.

So so so so good

Astral Dog

I'm quite surprised at how meaty the game is. To compare with Hyrule Warriors it's night and day :
- Main campaign, History mode, Coliseum (for now) vs Legend mode and Adventure mode.
- Entirely and fully voiced game vs only text (obviously it was a deliberate choice but still, it will be a nice change of pace).
- A lot of Fire Emblem mechanics crammed into the gameplay (triangle weapon, class changes, skills, bonds, units pairing, strategic movement via the map, etc) vs the only distinct Zelda mechanics I remember in Hyrule Warriors's gameplay were the different items you could use and the bosses appearence in some levels.
- + all the QoL changes and visual enhancements that are kinda expected since Hyrule Warriors launched 3 years ago.

It's by far the most ambitious first musou in a collaboration serie. My take is that they were surprised by the sales of Hyrule Warriors and are trying to take these Nintendo collaborations as seriously as possible.
It has online play?

I still think the game looks ugly :(

I still have zero intention of buying this game without Tharja.

fix it for you.

Looks like Male is Hoshido while Female is Nohr, which lines up with the box art for their respective versions of Fates.
Yep. Seems like it. It was kinda blurry for me but thank you for clarifying.

Hopefully the people buying this game get more news about the Shadow Dragon characters soon. I'm actually surprised that they still haven't officially announced Tiki yet.

Astral Dog

About how the class system will work, we'll probably be fixed tomorrow once more scans are up.

Nope, only local coop.
Aww they should make one with OP
I agree. It might be pushing more polys have, better shaders, and be higher resolution than Hyrule Warriors but I think the art style looks like shit.
Hyrule Warriors had a pretty cool art direction with tons of color and original redesigns thats what ill miss the most

NeonZ

More than anything else I want to know how class change will work: will it be new move sets? Costume Change? Weapons? Passive skills?

The picture showing the male original characters' class change shows him wielding a lance in the promotion screen, rather than the usual sword & shield, so it seems like they can change weapons/movesets.

How does the class system works on here? Does each unit get a specific moveset for their re-class? like the limited upgrading options from sacred stones, which on Musou would be like the different weapons some characters got? Or would it be a generic moveset all characters can share and re-class into like some of the Dynasty and Samurai Warrior games?
There's no way to know at this point if the movesets gotten from reclassing are generic or unique, but I'd guess they might be generic, since the original characters seem to drop their shields when wielding lances.

simonshinra

Neo Member
The picture showing the male original characters' class change shows him wielding a lance in the promotion screen, rather than the usual sword & shield, so it seems like they can change weapons/movesets.
Now that I think of it, have they showed if the characters have different moveset/weapons, like some characters had in Hyrule Warriors? Maybe that's how they're going to do it.

LordKano

There's no way to know at this point if the movesets gotten from reclassing are generic or unique, but I'd guess they might be generic, since the original characters seem to drop their shields when wielding lances.

Oh that's cool, I didn't notice that. Hopefully you can do that with every character.

Fandangox

If they are generic I wonder why they didn't just try to get some of the popular side characters from Awakening/Fates instead of just the royals/main characters and make them playable with generic movesets. They could always give them a unique moveset one by one in updates/dlc/sequels.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

It is pretty good

Azuran

Banned
I'm enjoying the salt from "classic" FE fans. Hey, it's not Nintendo's fault no one bought those games. This is probably of the best instance where people are getting exactly what they're asking for.

Sigurd and his nobody crew can go die in a fire again for all we care.

L95

Has the Tiki Amiibo ever gone up?

I think it did. I have a preorder on gamestop's website. Dunno about Amazon. (I want to say I missed Amazon, as I normally don't order stuff from GS unless I've missed it elsewhere, but I... really don't remember.)

God forbid they don't include every single Fates royal.

I mean the royals are popular. Look at the Fates poll and the lowest ranked one was Sakura in seventh place for the females. Considering they've said from the beggining their focused on SD,Awakening, and Fates I was expecting it.

Feffe

I'm enjoying the salt from "classic" FE fans. Hey, it's not Nintendo's fault no one bought those games. This is probably of the best instance where people are getting exactly what they're asking for.

FE6 was requested by Nintendo to boost GBA popularity and FE6-7 sold well enough to warrant a home console game. Surely, Radiant Dawn kinda flopped and the DS games sold beyond expectations, but that doesn't mean "nobody bought FE games before Awakening".

I think it did. I have a preorder on gamestop's website. Dunno about Amazon. (I want to say I missed Amazon, as I normally don't order stuff from GS unless I've missed it elsewhere, but I... really don't remember.)
Dang. I hope not, but Celica and Alm were easy to Get so maybe Tiki won't be so
Bad.

I'll just hope people focus on lame-o Chrom.

Draxal

Ummm, you really have no clue what you are talking about do you?

Fe4 sold well.

The big sellers were always FE3 then FE4 before Awakening hit.

Thracia 776 otoh.

Feffe

Ummm, you really have no clue what you are talking about do you?

Fe4 sold well.

The big sellers were always FE3 then FE4 before Awakening hit.

Thracia 776 otoh.
Thracia was an almost incompleted game (the balance is off andare there are lots of unused weapons in the the game code) released in cartridge form the year before the Gamecube. I mean, they didn't really expect it to set the charts on fire.

Before Radiant Dawn every Fire Emblem sold enough to warrant a sequel. Then RD flopped and the DS games didn't manage to capture a larger audience, yet selling more or less like the GBA ones.

Sure Fire Emblem was a B tier series before Awakening, but it wasn't that ultra-obscure niche series nobody knew about.

Top Bottom