• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous and DK2 is one of the craziest things I've ever experinced!

Krejlooc

Banned
wow I didn't know it was that extreme

ewww

it doesnt look like that in the rift. The screendoor effect is really hard to replicate outside the rift. It's more of a feint grid over everything.

God damn the thrill of battle just doesn't wear off in this game. Every single piece of combat is so intense.

YuShtink

wow I didn't know it was that extreme

ewww

That's a great shot for a comparison between DK1 and Dk2 but it's zoomed in a little too far to show what either actually realistically looks like. The pixels are visible but not quite that big, that's only a small portion of what each eye sees.

And you're also getting 2 of those images and blending it together subconsiously, that's closer to what it would look like if you were playing with one eye closed.

AND not to mention you have the incredible accurate head tracking, so as you move it all becomes much clearer in motion.

I've only played a bit of E:D in the DK 2 because it's a pain to make it work with my monitor configuration and i still have some technical issues with judder when i move my head that i hope will be fixed soon by a patch. But even with that the experience is just mind blowing.

It's completely surreal to look around in the cockpit and the stars. I've tested some other VR demos before but this is the first one that actualy put me in a different world. That game makes me feel like i'm in a lucid dream. That's what i always hoped to experience in VR one day and now it's already there so early on.

This game also gives me so much confidence that VR will actualy take off. It's not a question anymore about if but of when. Ther's still tons of problems to overcome with this technology but when the day comes that all this is sorted out it will be a complete game changer. Not just for games but for many more forms of entertainment.

Lurch666

Playing with I7-4770K 3.5 GHz and a GTX 560. game is smooth but I get stuttering when turning my head.Dunno if it's hardware or software.

Anyway first time playing and was maneuvering to a base docking.In the original elite I would use side view to line up with the entrance before turning to face the entryway.

With this version I had no idea how to get a side view as I flew forward until it hit me.I could just turn my head and look.*DUH*

It's a whole new way of playing with a DK2.

Shawsie64

Banned
Playing with I7-4770K 3.5 GHz and a GTX 560. game is smooth but I get stuttering when turning my head.Dunno if it's hardware or software.

Anyway first time playing and was maneuvering to a base docking.In the original elite I would use side view to line up with the entrance before turning to face the entryway.

With this version I had no idea how to get a side view as I flew forward until it hit me.I could just turn my head and look.*DUH*

It's a whole new way of playing with a DK2.

Don't worry its a well reported problem that alot of people are getting (myself included) on all sorts of different hardware so its most likely a software issue that will be fixed soon enough. In the mean time I just put everything to low and its still very impressive.

Top Bottom