• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embargo on Nintendo Switch console/games previews lift on February 23th / March 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

EDIT : Could a mod fix the typo in the title ?

Thought it could be useful infos. With courtesy of Dystify and Nintendo Force's twitter :
https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/833722267054006273
https://twitter.com/NintendoForce/status/833713905314705408

Like the European press, our embargo says nothing but photos of the unopened box for now. Have to wait until the 23rd to start previews.
Previews that day. Reviews can't be posted until March 1.
NintendoForce just tweeted the Zelda preview embargo ends Feb 24, while the reviews can be posted March 2. Seems to be in line with what others told me. Good to get more confirmation.

t1487858400z4.png

Zedark

So, a Nintendo OS etc. Direct/explanation would have to take place in the next two days, then, if it is going to happen at all, right?

Looking forward to the previews and reviews of Zelda!

March 1st, zelda review day. Going to be legendary.

Horizon has made me realize how hard it is going to be for a game to get in the mid to high 90s in the modern day reviewing environment. Just some simple 4/5 scores (which is a great score still) can weigh down a games average a lot. If any game is going to break through this gen, I hope and believe it can be Breathe of the Wild.

Dystify

Switch previews: February 23.

Switch reviews: March 1.

Zelda review: March 2. Edit: As far as I know. Maybe wrong.

Horizon has made me realize how hard it is going to be for a game to get in the mid to high 90s in the modern day reviewing environment. Just some simple 4/5 scores (which is a great score still) can weigh down a games average a lot. If any game is going to break through this gen, I hope and believe it can be Breathe of the Wild.
Nintendo has a couple Wii U games in the 90's.

The wait is only barely bearable because every day there seems to be some new peace of news keeping us busy. Yesterday the Chinese tear-down, before that the UI leak via a stolen console then taken back by Nintendo ninjas...

It sure is being exciting!

Wonder if video footage is allowed as part of the "previews."

Will GiantBomb be able to do a livestream of Switch games on the 23rd, or the 1st?

are you sure?

It seems odd that Zelda's review is separate

Probably trying to eke out as much time as possible for reviewers to play Zelda given the size of the game. In fact, the only reason it's on the 2nd and not later is to get it reviews out before the game. The fact that switches were sent out late means that actually giving reviewers adequate time to review Zelda is probably a challenge (unless they used the wii u version, but there are obvious reasons they would want to send the reviewers the switch version instead)

Plum

I can't see Zelda getting a high general review score to be honest (i.e. above 85). Critics are a LOT harder on games nowadays and I think sentiment towards Nintendo as a whole has removed much of the nostalgia bias some previous reviews had.

Nintendo Direct wouldn't make much sense, journalists will provide all the coverage Nintendo need. A post launch one giving us a glimpse of the future lineup would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom