• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer is dead/dying

Hudo

After they've killed off the successor to Expeditions: Rome, from the new studio founded by the main Logic Artists guys, which Embracer also shut down, Embracer can go fuck themselves.

Denton

All that ip they bought to just do nothing with. If you wanted to be bought out as a gamepass studio you have to produce something. The only notable game off the top of my head was the Mars attacks game remake.

See I can't even remember the name of that series cause embracer did nothing with it. It's embarrassing what they are.
This post is just moronic and ignorant.

Just off the top of my head, games published by Embracer (and their subsidiaries) in recent years:

Jagged Alliance 3
Desperados 3
Aquanox 3
Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 (your Mars Attacks game)
Wreckfest
Guild 3
Spellforce 3

In development are games like Outcast 2, Tempest Rising, Alone in the Dark, Gothic remake, Titan Quest 2..

This notion that they are "doing nothing with IP they bought" it false and idiotic.

killradius

Neo Member
Devolver's stock tanked too. Doesn't mean the company's dying

xAHNAQs.png

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Any money Sony puts into Tomb Raider would be money they COULD HAVE put into Uncharted. To divide the money between the two makes little sense.

Uncharted has proven a stronger IP than Tomb Raider. Sony doesn't need Uncharted-Lite.
I don't get this. Uncharted has one mainline game per gen. They could slot in one Tomb Raider game 3 - 4 years apart and sell well. I've played all Uncharted and Tomb Raider games over the last 2 gens, I am sure a lot of gamers have. That is not saying it would necessarily be worth it for them to buy TR, just that it would have value if the price was right.

Not that I want any more games to be locked to PlayStation for 1-2 years because then I will play that version and not the superior PC version.

SantaC

This post is just moronic and ignorant.

Just off the top of my head, games published by Embracer (and their subsidiaries) in recent years:

Jagged Alliance 3
Desperados 3
Aquanox 3
Destroy All Humans 1 and 2 (your Mars Attacks game)
Wreckfest
Guild 3
Spellforce 3

In development are games like Outcast 2, Tempest Rising, Alone in the Dark, Gothic remake, Titan Quest 2..

This notion that they are "doing nothing with IP they bought" it false and idiotic.
Biomutant

xrnzaaas

The company has been buying IP's and studios, but not releasing too much of NEW content. Plus their games tend to be AA titles at best because of their limited budgets. I struggle to imagine how would they make a proper AAA title like a new Tomb Raider game. I still wish them the best, I've enjoyed a lof of the games they've created or remastered.

I fully expect Deus Ex new to be dead in the water unless Eidos is bought by a bigger publisher together with the IP. So currently only care about Space Marine 2 and Tempest Rising from Embracer. And both seem close to release so I think they are safe.

You take that back. I want a new Deus Ex. A great one even.

Top Bottom