• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Good E3 for Wii U, owning both Wii U and 3DS beneficial in the future.

Maybe they're finally implementing a cross platform account system.

Maybe cross-buy games; buy one game get a copy for both.

Probably wishful thinking.

Why does anyone still listen to her? If she says 100 different things, most of which are "Nintendo will announce a sequel to "insert Mario, Zelda, Starfox, Metroid, etc here" of it's series at E3!" then of course a few of those will be right.

She doesn't have inside information, she has the ability to guess the same things that we can about Nintendo's release strategies. Best of all her more "crazy" ones, she always prefaces with "I could be wrong" or "my source says this could change" so she can cover her ass when of course she's wrong.

I'm sure Anne fucking Frank could have told you YouTube is coming to Wii. Not only that, but Alberto just exposed her bullshit several posts above.
Just because somebody post some crazy rumors before makes the unbelieveable? Yea get that shit outta here I have my reasons. You have yours. Anne frank..lol lame as fuck

I'm sure Anne fucking Frank could have told you YouTube is coming to Wii. Not only that, but Alberto just exposed her bullshit several posts above.

i seem to remember the general reaction to the youtube wii info was 'what the fuck, the wii is dead, of course not'

TMfgfty.gif

I am not saying she is incapable of having insider information as sometimes that stuff can leak like a sieve and even Paul Gale, who actually is a straight up liar 90% of the time, has gotten the inside track on projects in development.

What I am saying is the massive, massive tonnage of salt that you should be taking her with needs to be acknowledged. She has outright made shit up. That Endless Ocean picture is a photograph with a HUD on. I mean, come the fuck on.

She should man up, admit her faults (she's either a liar or dangerously incompetent), and then try to earn people's trust by being right over a period of years. Name-dropping Go Nintendo is like being accused of lying about, I don't know, actual news and saying the Post and CNN believe you.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Would be hilarious if Endless Ocean 3 and a new Starfox game show up at E3.

pixlexic

Banned

You have a lot of hate toward the wii u. Where did it touch you? It's ok .. I am an adult you can tell me.

Into

Just because somebody post some crazy rumors before makes the unbelieveable?

Yes it does make them unreliable as it is evident that they are guessing, therefore no more qualified to predict things than any average member here or even on GameFAQs. She is just as reliable as you are, or i am, or anyone here is.

Yea get that shit outta here I have my reasons. You have yours. Anne frank..lol lame as fuck

I do not even understand what you mean with "my reasons"?

Einbroch

Banned
She writes for a Nintendo themed magazine, of course she's going to say positive things about Nintendo. Her job depends on them being around.

Not saying she's lying or anything, but there's bias here and everything should be taken with a grain of salt. It would be like a Vita blogger saying that Sony has awesome stuff for the Vita coming soon, so go buy one.

Linkhero1

You have a lot of hate toward the wii u. Where did it touch you? It's ok .. I am an adult you can tell me.

I think Mileena owns a Wii U. I don't blame him for what he's trying to say because this isn't really credible as Alberto pointed out earlier in this thread.

Yea well she has had proven true rumors too. Everyone choose what they want. Besides its not like she said something entirely specific anyway to get upset from.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Throw enough shit at a wall and some of it is going to stick.

Despite the fact that her rumours might be bullshit, there's going to be good stuff shown at E3 anyways.

Polari

I hate when people post vague bullshit on Twitter in order to snag some followers/hits. If you're not actually gonna tell us anything, what's the fucking point?

Into

Yea well she has had proven true rumors too. Everyone choose what they want. Besides its not like she said something entirely specific anyway to get upset from.

Because she is guessing, if you guess that Nintendo will show Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart or Metroid at E3 in the year 20xx, you are bound to be right at some point.

I say Microsoft will show a Halo teaser at this years E3 for their new Xbox! Or at least next years E3.

See i am guessing? But it is a very good guess as that is very likely to happen

pixlexic

Banned
I think Mileena owns a Wii U. I don't blame him for what he's trying to say because this isn't really credible as Alberto pointed out earlier in this thread.

I own a ngage .. Doesn't mean I like it.

But really everything he says is with so much rage. I am worried for him. Will he ever find happiness ?? :(

Linkhero1

I own a ngage .. Doesn't mean I like it.

But really everything he says is with so much rage. I am worried for him. Will he ever find happiness ?? :(

Exactly. He knows what it's like to be disappointed in a system with a lack of software. It's awesome that you're worried about him though. D'awww :3

I do not even understand what you mean with "my reasons"?
My reasons why I dont think its all made up.
Because she is guessing, if you guess that Nintendo will show Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart or Metroid at E3 in the year 20xx, you are bound to be right at some point.

I say Microsoft will show a Halo teaser at this years E3 for their new Xbox! Or at least next years E3.

See i am guessing? But it is a very good guess as that is very likely to happen
Well she didnt guess youtube. And if guessing youtube for Wii is throwing shit at the wall then ok..whatev

I'm sorry, making a prediction Metroid 3DS is coming is not any sort of credibility whatsoever. It's a big Nintendo franchise, so if it eventually comes (which isn't outlandish), she can say "Hah, I was right!" If she isn't, we'll have to wait for the 3DS's life span to end to prove her wrong. After which, it will have been about 4 years and everyone will have forgotten it anyway.

And if even one of the rumors you have reported on is wrong, you cannot be an iota surprised that nobody buys everything you say.

But hey, looking forward to Rockstar's new up and coming Wii U title Em.

Honestly, I think what really happens is that Emily Rogers may have a friend of a friend of a friend who might know someone in the industry, but by the time it goes down that long and twisted chain, 90% of it is either BS or speculation... making her not credible because even if something IS right, if there is the same amount or more that isn't... it isn't useful at all to anyone.

It's kind of like a weather forecaster that gets the weather right half the time. You can't rely on them, so why bother listening?

Emily talks often to Dan Adelman and other Nintendo reps. Things have changed since 2011.

None of the Nintendo of America employees (save for localization teams in games that are in late development) would know about Nintendo's long-term future strategies. Not even Reggie probably knows how E3 is going down until a few weeks/months before E3 itself. Nintendo of America's executive team didn't even see Nintendo Revolution until it was in late development and only a few months before May 2011.

I really can't believe the hypocrisy at GAF. A tweet suddenly makes all the nintendo fans sure that the Wii U is going to be redeemed, even after Nintendo has shown how incompetent they can be handling the Wii U. Those same fans that enter the Vita threads to remind everybody how it is dead, etc, etc.

Even though Sony has actually showed how having both the Ps4 and Vita will be beneficial in the future, but yet the Vita is doomed. (with more games, better tech than the WiiU).

Top Bottom