• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
o3hX38Q.png

dbAij27.png

sMEtfem.png

Settings are the same as Castlevania Judgment.

Hyllian

I just finished porting my Super-xBR shader to Dolphin (Ishiiruka). It's specially good with pre-rendered games like Resident Evil.

Config: 1x Internal Res, No Texture Scaling, No other enhancements, only using Super-xBR.glsl shader.

gbie08-55hsr4x.png

gbie08-59d3ogq.png

gbie08-48dbo8h.png

As I can't post more here, I'll let a link to other screenshots.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly didn't know that existed lol was that some kind of intentional cross promotion or just some easter eggs?

Intentional cross-promotion. Mario, Luigi, and Peach were playable.

I just finished porting my Super-xBR shader to Dolphin (Ishiiruka). It's specially good with pre-rendered games like Resident Evil.

Config: 1x Internal Res, No Texture Scaling, No other enhancements, only using Super-xBR.glsl shader.

As I can't post more here, I'll let a link to other screenshots.
Those shots look really good, but I'm not sure what exactly your shader is doing?

What have you done with the game? It looks really good outside of the resolution and widescreen!
HD textures and playing around with Ishiiruka effects, like SSAO and rim lighting. The aspect ratio is what you get playing in 21:9 3440x1440 during a cutscene because cutscenes add the black bars - nothing you can do about that.

Vespa

Some GTE Accuracy shots from ePSXe 2.0. Jumping Flash! is the game.

GTE Accuracy actually makes this game slow down even on modern computers, it's crazy. Must be all the geometry that is being corrected.

Notice the very clean symmetry of the 3D models, particularly the large mounds of dirt, pillars, logs, and other larger 3D objects.

Lack of z-buffering may be solved in the next year or few years, who knows! That is where this is going at least, amazing times for PlayStation emulation.

Whoa, GTE Accuracy gets rid of all the warping the psx did?! Oh my, I need to go play Type 4 asap.

Zomba13

Shots by a friend from another forum. He requested I post for them until he gets his Gaf account approved

http://i.imgur.com/A1EaCmZ.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AecShQg.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tzZ5VUy.png[IMG]

[B]Dolphin Ishiiruka build[/B]
Texture Pack
4x IR
2X AA
Widescreen hack
per-pixel lighting

[B]Ishiiruka settings[/B]
MATSDOF
Tone mapping color correction
Pixel vibrance,

[B]Reshade Settings[/B]
Bloom[/QUOTE]

Jesus. Looks better than the actual HD release. Though I've never been a fan of TP's look (it had too much bloom and too drab for my liking, especially coming off of WW and even more so when compared to SS). That makes me want to give it another go. Though I'd need the GC version because I don't want to use my Wii version and have to use waggle or play it mirrored. I'd want to go through it the "right" way and with a pad, which would still be new to me.

Whoa, GTE Accuracy gets rid of all the warping the psx did?! Oh my, I need to go play Type 4 asap.

Not all, it's still being worked on.

It causes some serious artifacting in most games right now, mainly with making "gaps" in environment models (very noticeable in FF7 world map for example, and some racing games).

It works best on large, simple 3D models, like those mountains, but it doesn't work on all elements yet and doesn't work perfectly.

Hopefully we will get there. And if or when we do, we will have the great textures and modelling of PS1 finally combined with z-buffering a la N64 or PC games of the same year and it will be great :)

bomblord1

Banned
Jesus. Looks better than the actual HD release. Though I've never been a fan of TP's look (it had too much bloom and too drab for my liking, especially coming off of WW and even more so when compared to SS). That makes me want to give it another go. Though I'd need the GC version because I don't want to use my Wii version and have to use waggle or play it mirrored. I'd want to go through it the "right" way and with a pad, which would still be new to me.

You can map the "waggle" to a button press in Dolphin if you're using a controller.

Vespa

Not all, it's still being worked on.

It causes some serious artifacting in most games right now, mainly with making "gaps" in environment models (very noticeable in FF7 world map for example, and some racing games).

It works best on large, simple 3D models, like those mountains, but it doesn't work on all elements yet and doesn't work perfectly.

Hopefully we will get there. And if or when we do, we will have the great textures and modelling of PS1 finally combined with z-buffering a la N64 or PC games of the same year and it will be great :)

Exciting stuff indeed, thanks for the info and yes, it'll be really great to get that issue completely eradicated. Great shots by the way, Jumping flash was really good, I enjoyed the challenge of platforming in first person and the art style still holds some charm.

Hey 21:9 cool what did you have to do to get that working properly?

I was able to get Dolphin to render games in 21:9 but the culling was causing major visual issues and pop-in

Also love the rim lighting.
The Zelda WW AR code for 21:9, and those for many other games, can be found here.

That looks crazy good. How's the AO stability in motion?
Used modestly, it's good. Subtle, but does nice things for areas like this with patches of grass.

dh4niel

Looking at the Dolphin screenshots I really wish Nintendo did an HD remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles instead of porting it to the New 3DS. :(

bomblord1

Banned
Hey guys got some questions. How do I rip games from PSP? If I were to buy a PSP specifically to rip games what model would be best?

Also is PPSPP the best PSP emulator?

dh4niel

I just tried running Metal Gear Solid in ePSXe and at some points in the game I get the start screen flicking on screen during gameplay. Anyone know how to fix this?

Some GTE Accuracy shots from ePSXe 2.0. Jumping Flash! is the game.

25400846540_754000993b_o_d.png

25400847600_24754545f8_o_d.png

25075020093_6ebd1c5cf0_o_d.png

GTE Accuracy actually makes this game slow down even on modern computers, it's crazy. Must be all the geometry that is being corrected.

Notice the very clean symmetry of the 3D models, particularly the large mounds of dirt, pillars, logs, and other larger 3D objects.

Lack of z-buffering may be solved in the next year or few years, who knows! That is where this is going at least, amazing times for PlayStation emulation.

How did I not know epsxe 2.0 came out and even had Pete Bernert working on it again!? Pete had been talking about possible ways to get around z-buffering and sub-pixel precision for a long looong time... though it sounds like he mostly just did work in getting it to work with hardware rendering versus being one of the people who actually implemented it to begin with... Might need to see how it works with Mega Man Legends.

bomblord1

Banned
How did I not know epsxe 2.0 came out and even had Pete Bernert working on it again!? Pete had been talking about possible ways to get around z-buffering and sub-pixel precision for a long looong time... though it sounds like he mostly just did work in getting it to work with hardware rendering versus being one of the people who actually implemented it to begin with... Might need to see how it works with Mega Man Legends.

Did they ever make the built in BIOS usable?

bomblord1

Banned
Fantastic shots w00tkins !

Now some boring pre-2000 old-school shots :
Scud Race (Arcade - Sega Model 3) running widescreen on Supermodel emulator + Additional AA in control panel.
Very playable now (60 fps mostly but not always I might have to lower the AA). Be sure to configure it like this

test02.mp4_snapshot_003p94.jpg

test02.mp4_snapshot_0riow2.jpg

Hey, don't sell yourself short those are some pretty cools hots especially considering the source.

Awesome Model 3 shots, amazing!

Mega Man Legends is one of the ones it works best with of the games I tried so far.

I think the guys who originally started the z-buffering movement were the people working on the Edgebla plugin, who I think are Russian, not sure.

But it seems more people are working together now on the same goal to introduce z-buffering as well as possible into emulators which is a really big thing.

AmyS

Ridge Racers 2 - PSP - Silvercreek Dam.

7adVeXu.png

e6ekQ3g.jpg

PPSSPP - 8x rendering resolution - 5x texture scaling - simple scanlines.

AmyS

Ridge Racers 2 <3

I love that game!

Same here. I think most would agree that Ridge Racer Vita was absolutely awful in comparison. So few tracks, a huge percentage of the ones that were made were paid DLC. Horrible UI. Not to mention the 1/2 the framerate of the PSP games. The only redeeming things about the Vita game (IMO) was the music track 'Digital Horizon' and the #41 Hornet car from Daytona.

bomblord1

Banned
Kind of disappointing that we haven't been seeing any shots from the new PS3,360,WiiU or 3DS emulators.

3DS shots in particular looked great in that recent thread.

With a customized CRT-Royale (more specifically crt-royale-kurozumi) that you can find here :
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=1175621#p1175621

untitled10jvg.png

untitled2pikun.png

Probably the best Trinitron BVM emulation out there.
Once the game is loaded in Retroarch you need to load up the shader preset called crt-royale-kurozumi.cgp found in shaders\shaders_cg\cgp\ and there you go for scanlines heaven
(I did turn Integer scaling on in the Video settings, I guess it's better for CRT-Royale...)

Top Bottom