• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
lofi hunting, Monster Hunter Tri, Wii, Dolphin Ishiiruka build, 1980x1584, noAA 4xAF, post processing filters applied in following order: ssgi, dolphinfx,16bit, ishiirukafx
rmhp08-1yhs24.png

wow, that's beautiful! any chance you could post a video? I'd love to see it in motion!

bomblord1

Banned
Shots by a friend from another forum. He requested I post for them until he gets his Gaf account approved

A1EaCmZ.png

AecShQg.png

tzZ5VUy.png

Dolphin Ishiiruka build
Texture Pack
4x IR
2X AA
Widescreen hack
per-pixel lighting

Ishiiruka settings
MATSDOF
Tone mapping color correction
Pixel vibrance,

Reshade Settings
Bloom

kek_lel

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Emulator used: latest Dolphin Ishiiruka build
960x792; 8x SSAA
post processing: 16bit filter, Dolphin fx, Ishiiruka fx
cant help myself but I love that pixely look

what do you think?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

960x792; 8x SSAA
sf8p01-9wnxq6.png

sf8p01-44euzcd.png

what do you think?

Conceptually I feel you on that but I feel there may be a better way to achieve that without compromising the color accuracy so severely.

kek_lel

well flat colours make the game look more "2d", thats intended
emulating hand drawn backgrounds in a retro style console look
kinda

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Um... is this serious?

It looks like someone is playing the game on a really, really shitty, buggy, near-broken TV. :( And why would you force a retro look on something that isn't retro and already looks great? Poor Donkey Kong...

kek_lel

Um... is this serious?

It looks like someone is playing the game on a really, really shitty, buggy, near-broken TV. :( And why would you force a retro look on something that isn't retro and already looks great? Poor Donkey Kong...

well I was experimenting and went with the flow, of course DK vanilla is fine but I wanted to try something else
looks good in motion though

Rich!

CRT emulation is pretty damn good nowadays. I've slightly broken the rules of this thread though - these are photographs, not screenshots.

retroarch, bsnes core, hylian shader. And yeah, they are extreme closeups - reason being to show just how goddamn accurate the phosphor emulation is

low-G

retroarch, bsnes core, hylian shader. And yeah, they are extreme closeups - reason being to show just how goddamn accurate the phosphor emulation is

Fantastic CRT simulation, terrible (no) DAC simulation. I want to see how it looked via RF via CRT...

You could never tell Link had pink hair over RF in the day.

Rich!

Fantastic CRT simulation, terrible DAC simulation. I want to see how it looked via RF via CRT...

You could never tell Link had pink hair over RF in the day.

oh man

I had an RGB SCART cable for my SNES from day one. Obviously we had to deal with 50hz over here in the UK, but I never used RF.

oh man

I had an RGB SCART cable for my SNES from day one. Obviously we had to deal with 50hz over here in the UK, but I never used RF.

Good times of cursing the PAL standard and wishing devs could do something about it, which they rarely did.

The original SF2 port on the snes was a depressing moment for me! That was one great game, duly slowed down and then squashed by some nice thick borders!

Yawnny

960x792; 8x SSAA

what do you think?

This makes me think of the Game Boy Donkey Kong iterations (ie: Donkey Kong Land), as opposed to the 16 Bit Snes ver.

..I think it has charm.

NTSC version so it's 60fps, running at 480p in the game's settings at 6x Native, so 3840x2880 (if I'm doing the numbers right) then output to 1080p.

Nice and sharp either way. Assets look amazing for a 2005 game.

Might do some Enthusia later.

shandy706

Is there a dedicated place to post emulated 360 game shots that are running on the Xbox One emulation?

I'm guessing this isn't the place, lol. We're PC only in here...right? Or not..I mean this is the Emulator Screenshot Thread..haha?

Yawnny

This thread needs more Mario Sunshine :)

Emu: Dolphin 4.0.2
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
Anti-Aliasing: 8 Samples
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

I'm always in awe at how well upscaling treats this game.
I only just started playing through this again. I'll post more once I'm through some more worlds.

gmse01-30lohp.png

gmse01-6rxo4h.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This thread needs more Mario Sunshine :)

Emu: Dolphin 4.0.2
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
Anti-Aliasing: 8 Samples
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x

I'm always in awe at how well upscaling treats this game.
I only just started playing through this again. I'll post more once I'm through some more worlds.

gmse01-30lohp.png

gmse01-6rxo4h.png

The color work is lovely. Are you using the 60fps hack?

Yawnny

The color work is lovely. Are you using the 60fps hack?

I've toyed around with the 60FPS hack, and have had minor success regarding audio issues while doing so. For this run through I'll be playing at 30FPS.

The world of emulation tweaking is quite the rabbit hole ;)

I've toyed around with the 60FPS hack, and have had minor success regarding audio issues while doing so. For this run through I'll be playing at 30FPS.

The world of emulation tweaking is quite the rabbit hole ;)
The first thing you should do is stop using 4.0.2. It is so old and outdated, download the latest dev build.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl w/ Project M and HD HUD mod
Native vs 4x native res

brawlcomparison_res_by_realghostvids-d9rxcxj.gif

It's so nice that Dolphin supports the Wii U Gamecube controller adapter.

lazygecko

Just started experimenting with manually stringing different shader passes together in RetroArch. Here is Eternal Champions using the gdapt de-dithering shader and then CRT Lottes on top. It's fascinating to use gdapt on heavily dithered graphics such as EC just to see how they turn out. For one, that mist foreground in Xavier's stage has actual transparency now, hehe.

bomblord1

Banned
What's the best version of Dolphin to use for a higher-end system? Running a 4670k @ 4.2, GTX 970, 16GB DDR3.

The answer is always the latest

Just started experimenting with manually stringing different shader passes together in RetroArch. Here is Eternal Champions using the gdapt de-dithering shader and then CRT Lottes on top. It's fascinating to use gdapt on heavily dithered graphics such as EC just to see how they turn out. For one, that mist foreground in Xavier's stage has actual transparency now, hehe.

Almost looks like a screenshot off an old TV.

Some GTE Accuracy shots from ePSXe 2.0. Jumping Flash! is the game.

25400846540_754000993b_o_d.png

25400847600_24754545f8_o_d.png

25075020093_6ebd1c5cf0_o_d.png

GTE Accuracy actually makes this game slow down even on modern computers, it's crazy. Must be all the geometry that is being corrected.

Notice the very clean symmetry of the 3D models, particularly the large mounds of dirt, pillars, logs, and other larger 3D objects.

Lack of z-buffering may be solved in the next year or few years, who knows! That is where this is going at least, amazing times for PlayStation emulation.

bomblord1

Banned
Some GTE Accuracy shots from ePSXe 2.0. Jumping Flash! is the game.

25400846540_754000993b_o_d.png

25400847600_24754545f8_o_d.png

25075020093_6ebd1c5cf0_o_d.png

GTE Accuracy actually makes this game slow down even on modern computers, it's crazy. Must be all the geometry that is being corrected.

Notice the very clean symmetry of the 3D models, particularly the large mounds of dirt, pillars, logs, and other larger 3D objects.

Lack of z-buffering may be solved in the next year or few years, who knows! That is where this is going at least, amazing times for PlayStation emulation.

That's pretty cool the models make me think of Space Station Silicon Valley

Top Bottom