• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of Season Awards For GAF Madden Season 2

Shadax

Banned
OK, I'll try to start a tradition here by setting up a little voting thing with some (hopefully) funny categories and something else to work for (other than the GAF Superbowl trophy, which, sadly, some of us may never attain :( ). Each of the 12 season 2 players can vote once for each category, and all 12 players are eligible for every award (except Rookie of the Year, which applies only to new players).

After the voting I'll tally up the votes(Wellie, are you able to place polls in a thread?) and present the awards (with a little blurb about each award winner) in this same thread. I'll place the final categories up at the end of Season 2 regular season play. Here's my suggestions for award categories (Feel free to suggest other award categories):

Best Player Overall (MVP) (may not necessarily be Super Bowl winner, depending on league players' votes):

Worst Player Overall (Toilet Bowl Award :D):

Best Record:

Worst Record:

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On:

Best Offensive Player:

Best Defensive Player:

Best Special Teams Player:

Best Running Game (Team/Owner):

Best Passing Game (Team/Owner):

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game:

Rookie of the Year (Given to a GAF player that is new to the GAF Madden leagues):

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1:

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3:

Biggest Comeback (given to the player who evened or bettered a score from the largest deficit--did not necessarily have to win the game, although a win is much more likely to guarantee that player this award):

Upset of the Year (given to the player who defeated an opponent the league's players thought was heavily favored to win):

Sportsman of the Year (given to the player the league players' agree displayed the best good sportsmanship in all of his/her games in Season 2):

Crybaby Award (aka Most Likely To Bitch About Cheese Plays, Unfair Pass Rushing Or After Every Loss):

Fifty

I better win the sportsman award. Everyone here knows I'm a consumate gentleman and I am always willing to talk after a loss! Plus I've been through more pain with two great teams than anyone should have to endure. :D

DMczaf

Fifty said:
I better win the sportsman award. Everyone here knows I'm a consumate gentleman and I am always willing to talk after a loss! Plus I've been through more pain with two great teams than anyone should have to endure. :D

I knew there was a reason why you would act like that after losses! You wanted an award! You have been figured out fifty, take your Happy Loser of the Year award!

Fifty

DMczaf said:
I knew there was a reason why you would act like that after losses! You wanted an award! You have been figured out fifty, take your Happy Loser of the Year award!

Thank you thank you

You win the sullen award DM! (I'll create one!) the "no text for 2 hours because I'm so amazed that I got picked off 3 times manually by MS-DOSS" award.

:lol :lol :lol

edit: Shit, I think this recent post of trash talking might turn voters off me as the best sportsman. I love you DM. Your silence is a sign of your greatness!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can create a thread with a poll, I can't edit one in.

Best Player Overall (MVP) (may not necessarily be Super Bowl winner, depending on league players' votes):

Worst Player Overall (Toilet Bowl Award ):

Best Record:
Should be obvious at the end of the year.

Worst Record:
Ditto

JasonA

Best Offensive Player:
Based on what? MrBob, I guess

Best Defensive Player:
Gunstar

Uh.. me? I dunno.

Sigh... Matrix. :( Though it sucks that a lot of Ramirez's games didn't get recorded stats.

MrBob

Gunstar

Rookie of the Year (Given to a GAF player that is new to the GAF Madden leagues):
Gunstar

Matrix with the Ravens, or my offense. I think i have more passing yards now than I had total yards in season 1. Wish I could check stats from back then.

CK AND THE PATS!

Biggest Comeback (given to the player who evened or bettered a score from the largest deficit--did not necessarily have to win the game, although a win is much more likely to guarantee that player this award):
Matrix came from a 21-3 deficit on me.

Upset of the Year (given to the player who defeated an opponent the league's players thought was heavily favored to win):
DM winning THREE TIMES against me by three points.

Sportsman of the Year (given to the player the league players' agree displayed the best good sportsmanship in all of his/her games in Season 2):
HGplayer

Crybaby Award (aka Most Likely To Bitch About Cheese Plays, Unfair Pass Rushing Or After Every Loss):
If I don't get this you're all dickheads.

Shadax

Banned
OK Here's my votes:

Best Player Overall (MVP) (may not necessarily be Super Bowl winner, depending on league players' votes): Waiting for end of season

Worst Player Overall (Toilet Bowl Award ): HGPlayer1

Best Record:
Yes, these are obvious I guess, but I'll leave them up for the winners.

Worst Record:
Ditto

JasonA

Best Offensive Player:
Ramirez

Best Defensive Player:
Matrix

FMT

FMT

Ramirez

MrBob

Gunstar

CK

CK and the Patriots

Since I've always been down in my games, I can't really speak from experience on coming back, nor have I ever had someone come back at all when I won. I'll defer to the majority here.

Me defeating Gunstar for my first victory after 7(?) losses.. :D

FMT

HGPlayer1

Ramirez

I think like 5-6 games of mine didn't get recorded :( I only have 1500 passing yards,but I had like 400-500 in my first 3-4 games,so I know I have a hell of alot more than that...bah,not to mention all of those 150+ and the 300 yard game Dunn had :lol :lol

I'll vote when I get back from class...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF dont your games record stats Ram...I dont get it :\ Have you tried emailing EA,I know you dont really give a shit in the long run...its just makes no sense.

Ramirez

Best Player Overall-FMT

Worst Player Overall-I refuse to answer this :p

Best Record-This one makes no sense...

Worst Record-Ditto

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On-DJ

Best Offensive Player-Fifty

Best Defensive Player-FMT

Best Special Teams Player-??

Best Running Game-FMT

Best Passing Game-Fifty

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game-Gunstar

Rookie of the Year-DJ

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1-HGPlayer

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3-Me

Biggest Comeback -No clue

Upset of the Year-Did Wellie beat FMT?If so, that one.

Sportsman of the Year-HGPlayer

Crybaby Award-MrBob

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Crybaby Award-MrBob"

:lol

Fifty

Remember, my answers are just for this season. I'm a good defensive player, but not with the colts, so obviously I won't win that award.

Best Player Overall- FMT

Worst Player Overall- My answer would piss someone off. No comment.

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On- Mr. Bob

Best Offensive Player- Matrix

Best Defensive Player- (I really wish the stats showed which team allowed the least points, I'd give the award to them) I can't answer this. Last season I would have given it to DM, but we played once and I beat him soundly. I'll say FMT. If I had better D maybe I'd have a chance at winning *glares at DBs*

Best Special Teams Player- Uh....Me? I don't know.

Best Running Game- Matrix, but he has Jamal....so of course he's going to win this

Best Passing Game- Mr. Bob

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game- Uh, Mr. Bob. He has 362 blitzes

Rookie of the Year- Gunstar, but he's not really a "rookie", and he uses the damn Eagles! DJ gets special notice for having a shitty record and staying upbeat

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1- HG (kind of sad, since he's 2-12, but yeah)

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3- Fifty and his triumphant return to the Ravens

Biggest Comeback - (I don't know if anyone will get the majority of votes for this award, since only 2 people can see each game but...) my last game with Bob. 37-36.

Upset of the Year- HG> Fifty.....he kicked my ass and left me bleeding in the corner.

Sportsman of the Year- Mr. Bob (for taking so much shit from FMT and never getting really pissed off, plus he's open for discussion after a loss)

Crybaby Award- Anyone and everyone...as long as they have AIM. (I could answer the question, but I don't want to create a rift :) )

Matrix

Best Player Overall- FMT

Worst Player Overall- No way am I starting shit with my answer.

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On- DJ

Best Offensive Player- Me :p or Bob.

Best Defensive Player- Dm,buf if Fifty was playing with a team with decent DB's I would pick him.

Best Special Teams Player - Fifty

Best Running Game- Id say Wellie or Ram...but his stats dont record :p

Best Passing Game- Mr. Bob ...fucking 4 wide.

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game- Mr.Bob

Rookie of the Year- Gunstar

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1- HG...dude is in almost every game and plays you tuff with the Cowgirls.

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3 - Fmt..who can stop the 9ers!

Biggest Comeback - Fifty vs Bob 37-36. - Bob told me about this game....:lol good shit Fifty.

Upset of the Year- DJ > Gunstar and the Eagles...twice *wow*

Sportsman of the Year- Fifty

Crybaby Award- Mr.Bob,Wellie and I :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Upset of the Year-Did Wellie beat FMT?If so, that one.

No, but I came real real close. The score is misleading since he ran it up at the end with a last second FG!

Biggest upset evar was when I played my very first Madden tournament game in Madden 2004. I was matched up with FMT and I think I won that one 31-17 and subsequently lost to you. It's not like I'm a horrible player to begin with tho... me beating DM? Now THAT would be an upset. The time and space continuum would unravel.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Best Player Overall: DM

Worst Player Overall: N/A

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On: Mr.Bob

Best Offensive Player: Ramirez

Best Defensive Player: DM

Best Special Teams Player: FMT

Best Running Game (Team/Owner): CK

Best Passing Game (Team/Owner): Ramirez

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game: Mr. Bob

Rookie of the Year (Given to a GAF player that is new to the GAF Madden leagues): DJ

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1: N/A

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3: FMT

Upset of the Year (given to the player who defeated an opponent the league's players thought was heavily favored to win): DJ over me

Sportsman of the Year (given to the player the league players' agree displayed the best good sportsmanship in all of his/her games in Season 2): Fifty

Crybaby Award (aka Most Likely To Bitch About Cheese Plays, Unfair Pass Rushing Or After Every Loss): N/A

Best Player Overall (MVP): Ramirez - gives me the most problems...

Worst Player Overall (Toilet Bowl Award ): DMczaf - proposterous!

Best Record: Ramirez... damn you!

Worst Record: truelize and dj tied so far!

Most Likely To Go For It On Fourth And Long If Fair Play Wasn't On: DM! that scumbag fake punts on me all the time with hardcore ranked!

Best Offensive Player: tie: fifty and matrix - these motherfuckers seem to have my number EVERY TIME I PLAY THEM! win or lose, one thing is for certain, they light up my defense no matter what

Best Defensive Player: tough one... on one hand DM always shuts me down and gets a defensive TD per game, but i have to go with gunstar just cause i played him 3 times and he handled my offense pretty well.

Best Special Teams Player: if we're talking this season only i would have to go with ramirez. he ripped off a few nice runs on kick/punt returns against me, plus pinned me deep. if we're talking in general, i have to say HG. i recall him angling some nice punts inside the 10. i can never get the hang of that...

Best Running Game (Team/Owner): ramirez

Best Passing Game (Team/Owner): fifty... torched the fuck out of me through the air

Most Likely To Blitz More Than 25 Times In One Game: lol gunstar!

Rookie of the Year (Given to a GAF player that is new to the GAF Madden leagues): truelize, he took me down to the wire early in the season. i had to give him props for that game... he probably should have taken it

Most Improved Player From GAF Madden Season 1: hg. even though his record isn't a huge improvement, he's played most people tough. beat matrix i believe, and he gave ramirez a good game

Most Likely To Win GAF Madden Season 3: i dont know dudes, i have to go with the darkhorse... dskillz! i think he is going to surprise people

Biggest Comeback: lol fifty coming back from 13 down in 2 mins. ouch bob

Upset of the Year: hg beat matrix

Sportsman of the Year: bob... after all my bs wins against him i'm surprised he hasn't committed suicide

Crybaby Award: bob, after every game i own him he throws a fit! settle down boyeee!

Arch nemisis: rami... YOU WISH! it's DM! you lose dm. YOUR TIME WILL COMEEEE! iron maiden style!

half my games haven't recorded either. the odd thing is my opponents stuff will record, but not mine.

i'm going to do lots of stats, etc. after the last game is played, and i will do an "average per game recorded stat", that way we can see total yards and guesstimate what the numbers would be were all 16 games to record

Ramirez

You think stats recording has anything to do with cutting off the system without going back to the lobby?I'm not sure if I've ever done that but it wouldn't surprise me...

Top Bottom