• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of Steam Holiday Sale - The Bucket list of $2 & $5 games

*adds Dinner Date to cart based on OP*

*removes Dinner Date from cart after reading rest of thread*

I think the most damning thing isn't people saying "this isn't a game" by those not knowing what they were getting into, it's those that said, "I usually like this type of thing, but this is just bad."

She played all those. Sam and max was not quite her cup of tea, too quirky I think. But I enjoyed them on the PS3. She is more of the Syberia/Myst style gamer, not the Sam and Max variety.

OH, well another place to go is GOG.com they have more point and click games then on steam.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
eh i tried the demo for Puzzle Dimension, it's not bad but it's kinda similar in mechanics to Hamilton's great Adventure with the breaking puzzle tiles and once only passes on certain tiles etc. and for the same price i will suggest that over P. Dimension! more atmosphere and charm
Hamilton's makes it really easy to hose yourself. It could use checkpoints.

Was going to buy that Hamilton game after the recommendations here. While it did look like fun it ran pretty crummy on my PC (demo) even with the resolution turned down. Oh well, can always get it in the future. Bought Oddboxx and Eschalon I & II instead.

It was mine as well. Do yourself a favor and buy it.

I bought it, but who the hell releases a 2D game on PC in 2010 with a resolution of 800x600?

They are going to update the assets, and it will be a free update. But, it's going to be 1024x768. Why do they even bother with that?

I'm sure it's a good game and all, but the low resolution seems really odd for a game that is fairly new.

1-D_FTW

This is pretty disappointing. I mean, the original game is available on 360, right? So 360 controller support should be easy? You're right, the digital control here is much more difficult than what I remember playing in the 360Trials HD. Nigh unplayable with the 360 pad.

Sales already over, but, sadly, no. Trials HD is a new game for 360. And it's speculated it's the reason neither it nor its coming sequel got a PC release. Because they didn't want to alienate the Luddites on PC by releasing something that required a controller (when the original games didn't).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Sales already over, but, sadly, no. Trials HD is a new game for 360. And it's speculated it's the reason neither it nor its coming sequel got a PC release. Because they didn't want to alienate the Luddites on PC by releasing something that required a controller (when the original games didn't).
It's because the PC original sold like crap while the 360 port printed money.

1-D_FTW

It's because the PC original sold like crap while the 360 port printed money.

31 people on my friends list have 2 SE. I'd say the biggest issue with it was the game was an awesome concept, but sucked because of the control and their desire for it to be playable on the keyboard.

I'm not saying it would have outsold the 360 (because those numbers were wonderfully insane), but having a version that didn't make you want to break things would have done very well on Steam.

Damn. Forgot to scrounge up the games that didn't get Daily Deals.

Was there ever a master list of games on sale, and how much they were discounted?

Bebpo

Banned
Re: Hamilton

I bought it today and can't even get the game to launch.

This is how duckroll fixed it:

Duckroll: you have to completely uninstall PhysX
Duckroll: then
Duckroll: you reboot
Duckroll: and you install the physx that comes WITH the game
Duckroll: then
Duckroll: you
Duckroll: reboot again
Duckroll: rebooting is important for some reason
Duckroll: but it never prompts you to reboot
Duckroll: after that, it might owrk
Duckroll: work
Duckroll: it didnt run on my laptop or my desktop at first
Duckroll: but after doing the uninstall/reinstall
Duckroll: and rebooting
Duckroll: it worked on both
Duckroll: so that's the main thing to try

Brashnir

Re: Hamilton

This is how duckroll fixed it:

thanks for following up. I had tried that fix as recommended on some other forum, but it didn't work for me. I did manage to get it working, and posted my crazy-ass workaround upthread a bit.

Top Bottom