• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for PS4 introduces frequent stuttering

Byvar

[UPDATE] The stutter is apparently an issue caused by faulty installation of the game as it can be fixed by removing and reinstalling it. Many users, both on Regular and Pro PS4s, are now playing KH2 without issues. So far it looks like the ports are pretty good barring some smaller problems. Yay!

Original post:

On top of the many issues present in the Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for PS4, people are now reporting that the English version of the game introduces even more issues.

Namely, stuttering. Very frequent and very annoying stuttering.
For now, only KH2FM has been tested, but look at this:
Besides the stuttering, someone was able to test a crash at PAX that was exclusive to the English PS3 version (executing a reaction command while in Limit Form during the first Xemnas battle), and it exists in the English PS4 version too [UPDATE: They apparently fixed this one crash in the final version, though the stuttering still remains.]. So with this and the stuttering it looks like they did not fix any of the issues that were exclusive to the English PS3 version at all, but rather added more of them. And that's only KH2. This kind of makes me fear for the other games in the collection.

Come on, Square. Fix this.

We can't let these issues go unfixed like the PS3 version. Square needs to commit to fixing this. While they may seem like small problems, collectively they hurt the games a lot.

bethore

What version is this? The Japanese version just recently got patched to 1.02. I seriously doubt Square would be able to push a patch of the English version when the game wasn't even out.

JayEH

wow.png

Square please.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
  • The game stutters during camera transitions in cutscenes. For example, check this cutscene or this one, and watch the camera transitions. If they don't fix this, I think this is going to irritate me the most out of all bugs (except maybe the dropped sound effects).

• Oh wow, that is terrible. How does that get through to final?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
So confused how there could be such a gap in quality simply between certain region versions of a game.

Square seems to be patching up the Japanese one so hopefully this will be fixed by launch.

Slaythe

Please people, subscribe to the thread, let's not tolerate this by letting it die.

Kotaku if you're reading, we would really appreciate if you could bring that issue to light, as you did for the Japanese version.

Square had delivered a terrible English PS3 version, let's change things this time.

Hopefully they will patch this in a timely manner.

Can square please get their shit together, between FFXV, NieR and this they don't seem to have many games that run without noticeable issues on PS4 Pro

Krammy

The hell is wrong with square and introducing new problems to English localized KH games?

Just wanted to chime in and say this happens to their other series like Dragon Quest as well. Dragon Quest Builders introduced micro-stutter, and the remake of Dragon Quest VII had some issues with menu delay if I remember correctly.

On-topic, this port seems to be pretty terrible no matter what region you play it in. I was really excited for it because I skipped the PS3 releases, but holy hell, with so many issues, I don't even want to play it anymore.

Velcro Fly

I thought I had this preordered but I guess not. i was going to cancel and wait after seeing this.

God damn Square how do you fuck things up this badly.

I was thinking of selling both my PS3 1.5 and 2.5 to get this... but without a patch, nope. This kinda sucks, I was looking forward to this version :/

TI82

Banned
Just gonna keep waiting, hopefully over the summer I can play this. Would love if it was on PC though even more :eek:

Dark Link

It's a damn good thing I cancelled my pre-order in favor of Persona 5. Definitely waiting for the multitude of patches to fix all of this, assuming they ever get fixed.

baberunisei

Thank god I still haven't preordered it. Gonna wait for more details on this.

If that's true, it is a shame that PS2 games present this problem on PS4

ZeoVGM

Banned
Those camera stutters are not excusable.

However, didn't they already announce they were patching the Japanese version for issues? I'll wait and see how this plays on day one.

(... Before playing. Already bought it on Square's store.)

Breakage

Someone told me that the PS4 was the world's most powerful games console, so I don't understand how this is possible.

I really don't want to do it but I might cancel my preorder. I've really been looking forward to replaying these games and discovering the games I missed out on.

Top Bottom