• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 for PS4 introduces frequent stuttering

Slaythe

So it might have been an issue with that particular user's setup?

I was wondering if it had something to do with him directly streaming from his PS4.

It's possible indeed.

We know that the user showed a lot of good will, and did some extensive testing on his end. He hadn't experienced those kind of issues on other games, but it's possible maybe the stream added to the stress of the ps4 somehow, despite the dedicated chip.

We have yet to get any reports from regular ps4 users.

All I can confirm is that ps4pro runs perfect so far, and ran perfect all the way on 1.00 so if anything goes wrong they can revert it back.

Xandremi

All I can confirm is that ps4pro runs perfect so far, and ran perfect all the way on 1.00 so if anything goes wrong they can revert it back.

Last i check saves from different patches aren't compatible when going backwards so say your save is from patch 1.05 it won't work on v1.0. Basically needs a new game unless things have changed.

Slaythe

Last i check saves from different patches aren't compatible when going backwards so say your save is from patch 1.05 it won't work on v1.0. Basically needs a new game unless things have changed.

It'd be on their end, they can easily revert back changes that caused an issue while making a new "patch" that is compatible. :D

But so far I have not noticed any issue on 1.02 so we should be good on pro.

We know that the user showed a lot of good will, and did some extensive testing on his end. He hadn't experienced those kind of issues on other games, but it's possible maybe the stream added to the stress of the ps4 somehow, despite the dedicated chip.

We have yet to get any reports from regular ps4 users.

Yeah I was thinking of additional HDD load causing asset streaming hiccups or something. Maybe some very specific combination of factors.

Whatever, this is good news so far. Can't really imagine it will only run well on Pro.

Slaythe

Yeah I was thinking of additional HDD load causing asset streaming hiccups or something. Maybe some very specific combination of factors.

Whatever, this is good news so far. Can't really imagine it will only run well on Pro.

Hopefully so.

I have yet to hear anything from reg ps4 users.

Next question would be did anyone actually play the JP version on a normal PS4.

Yeah many people. Was great.

GLAMr

Is there any further news on now this runs on vanilla PS4 yet? This game dropped in Australia today And I was tempted to pick it up during my lunch break. However I'm tempted to "wait and see" if it stutters and crashes a lot.

JayEH

Is there any further news on now this runs on vanilla PS4 yet? This game dropped in Australia today And I was tempted to pick it up during my lunch break. However I'm tempted to "wait and see" if it stutters and crashes a lot.

Been fine for me. Not one stutter or crash yet. Played about 12 hours so far.

GLAMr

Been fine for me. Not one stutter or crash yet. Played about 12 hours so far.
Cheers mate! That in KH1 or 2? I'm mainly interested in 2 because I never finished it back in PS2 times, and I heard that's where the trouble lies.

The stutter thing is apparently a random glitch caused by install errors and isn't a normal occurrence. I haven't grabbed the collection yet but all the impressions in the OT say the ports are fantastic.

TI82

Banned
The stutter thing is apparently a random glitch caused by install errors and isn't a normal occurrence. I haven't grabbed the collection yet but all the impressions in the OT say the ports are fantastic.

Cool, then should I get it now or wait? Persona 5 is next week... ugh

Edit: Bought it digitally because giftcard and no self control

GLAMr

I heard it may have been an isolated issue but it was hard to get a straight answer.

Thanks to yourself and JayEH, you guys have made my day ^_^

Slaythe

I can confirm that the vast majority of users do not experience stutters. Both on pro and PS4.

The ones that did were able to get rid of the problem by reinstalling the game.

Heartfyre

Other than some shenanigans with the 60FPS implementation, it looks like it's a pretty definitive release for these games. Those KH2 non-existent load times are something else.

zMiiChy-

Banned
What are the chances of Final Xemnas's buggy reaction command being fixed this time around?

I can work around it, but it's kind of insulting that Square didn't bother to fix that well-known glitch :/

Top Bottom