• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enter The Gungeon |OT| Praise the gun

antitrop

Added this to OP, PS4 owners will be happy

Tell me about it. Nuclear Throne running at 30fps was extremely jarring. I never got used to it, even after like 50 hours I was still thinking "This should really be 60fps".

I'm okay with a solid 30 for typical "cinematic" AAA games and such, but twitchy games need that 60.

23qwerty

Tell me about it. Nuclear Throne running at 30fps was extremely jarring. I never got used to it, even after like 50 hours I was still thinking "This should really be 60fps".

I'm okay with a solid 30 for typical "cinematic" AAA games and such, but twitchy games need that 60.

Nuclear Throne is 30fps on PC too, my only complaint with the game :(

hawk2025

Vambleer is weeeird, man. It's like that on PC too.

They did the same thing with Lufthausers and got lots of feedback on it, don't understand why they repeated it.

And I'm happy that the game seems really well optimized on PC. A dev said they got 50+fps on an i3 without a gpu, and has gotten as high as 170-244fps on his own computer

Nuclear Throne is 30fps on PC too, my only complaint with the game :(

Vambleer is weeeird, man. It's like that on PC too.

They did the same thing with Lufthausers and got lots of feedback on it, don't understand why they repeated it.
Haha, it is jarring but I have kind of grown to like it. Maybe a style choice? Has a very quick and dirty feel. I'm pretty poor at both Luftrausers and Throne so maybe I should blame the fps.

antitrop

Haha, it is jarring but I have kind of grown to like it. Maybe a style choice? Has a very quick and dirty feel. I'm pretty poor at both Luftrausers and Throne so maybe I should blame the fps.

Nuclear Throne, for me, was all about unlocking and finding a character that suits your playstyle best. The game didn't feel right to me until I unlocked Steroids and then it was perfect.

I never got good at Luftrausers.

Stoze

And I'm happy that the game seems really well optimized on PC. A dev said they got 50+fps on an i3 without a gpu, and has gotten as high as 170-244fps on his own computer

Damn, that's great. Dodge Roll and Witch Beam (Assault Android Cactus) showing other devs what's up when it comes to Unity performance. It's each team's first game too I believe.

antitrop

Damn, that's great. Dodge Roll and Witch Beam (Assault Android Cactus) showing other devs what's up when it comes to Unity performance. It's each team's first game too I believe.
Those are also both great names for development studios, too.

Malygos

Not that big of a fan of Isaac or Nuclear Throne but watching TB and Northern Lion play this game has made me really want to buy it. Looks great.

I've been on a roguelike kick lately, and ones with unique aspects to it have been catching my eye. Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Crypt of the Necrodancer have all been favorites of mine. This looks amazing so I'm probably going to pick it up and die a lot.

Stoze

I've been on a roguelike kick lately, and ones with unique aspects to it have been catching my eye. Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, Crypt of the Necrodancer have all been favorites of mine. This looks amazing so I'm probably going to pick it up and die a lot.

I've played a lot over the years and Isaac (Rebirth) is still my favorite, which is in part why I'm so excited for this as they share a lot in common. I like Nuclear Throne but it didn't grab me like I thought it would, probably because it's more arcadey and less dungeony...if that makes sense.

nikos

Great job with the OT even if I am biased towards the Gungeons and Fragons OT title.

Thanks! My only OT title suggestion. Maybe next time :eek:

Just preordered the game. Looks too good to pass up, even if there are way too many games to play this month.

Just saw the post about 60fps on PS4. I had no clue. I was expecting 30fps so this is an awesome bonus.

Edit: I'm considering streaming tonight. Never really have before. I get out of work early tonight and should be home around 1am EST if anyone is interested in looking at it on PS4. Let me know, I guess.

Just saw the post about 60fps on PS4. I had no clue. I was expecting 30fps so this is an awesome bonus.

Edit: I'm considering streaming tonight. Never really have before. I get out of work early tonight and should be home around 1am EST if anyone is interested in looking at it on PS4. Let me know, I guess.

What's your twitch channel?

Looking at the Steam page images again, I just realized how smart it was to make the bullet enemies look like the bullet of the guns they're carrying. Means at a glance you can tell what kind of bullet patterns will be coming your way and how to dodge or evade.

hawk2025

1 hour to go!

I'll stream it once it's up if anyone wants to see someone who's terrible at Roguelites tackling this for the first time.

Adnor

Banned
1 hour to go!

E3t6hwS.png

QVXIMXU.gif

hawk2025

Starting the broadcast the minute the game opens up in 2 minutes:

twitch.tv/hawk2025

Edit: Stream and game are live!

Top Bottom