• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

How come people don't just add everything weekly regardless?

Many a time I've come across a game at a future point, thinking it looks good only to find it's actually been in my Epic library all along and I can play it immediately.
its just a lot of work to log in, and I have a backlog in steam already from like 10 years of humble bundles. I pretty much ignore Epic unless it is something that I would prioritize over the dozens upon dozens of other great games that I have access too that I havent beaten.

Severed Steel looks like loads of stylish fun, and Homeworld was a great game back in the day. I accidentally killed one of my parents laptops 15 years ago playing it. I was on a road trip to visit my grandparents, and had the laptop plugged into a power inverter for hours in the car. I got like half way through Homeworld, but the laptop died and was never able to be fixed because the inverter fried some of the components. Alas.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The free game budget must’ve shrunk. All duplicates this week and next.

What’s going on Tim? Spend that Fortnite money to get me to open your launcher.

Wildebeest

Europa Universalis IV (repeat), Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You.

Other sites

Unity of Command (steam key)

Torment: Tides of Numenera. I don't know about this site, and apparently it has its own launcher. Good free game, but try it at your own risk.

Leonidas

So you only missed that one? That’s some good going.
My Epic Games Library is up to 375. It's like Free Game Pass / PS+ Extra, except I never lose access to the games.

I could live off of these games for the rest of the generation...

I added everything to my account except for the free-to-play games. Technically I did miss one other game (the name of which escapes me), but it was something that I already have on my Steam account...

Eotheod

My Epic Games Library is up to 375. It's like Free Game Pass / PS+ Extra, except I never lose access to the games.

I added everything to my account except for the free-to-play games. Technically I did miss one other game (the name of which escapes me), but it was something that I already have on my Steam account...
Well, you never lose access for now. Actually, has Epic ever clarified what happens to your free games if they go belly up or close the store?

T-Cake

Crikey. I never realised there was so many! I'm agog to see I'm up to 386 with zero purchases but I think the extra ones above yours are things like Fortnite, Rocket League and other free-to-play stuff.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

King's Bounty: The Legend​

GloveSlap

It's crazy the amount of gaming you can do for free these days. Kids have it made.

Wildebeest

Nice.

Amazon prime gaming also have Ozymandias available which looks like it has potential according to steam review score and metacritic.
It's good. Familiar if you are an old civ player, but you can crack through a game pretty quickly, often losing unexpectedly to the AI because they had a better starting position and pulled some bs victory conditions from nowhere.

If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can redeem Ghostwire Tokyo for Epic Games.

FML 🤣. Read that it would be available on the 5th, couldn't get, bought it from cd's keys for 7 eu for steam, now read this. Oh well awesome game, played it on PS5 when it went on sale and wanted it on pc. We'll worth the 7 bucks. Would have bought it full price if I knew I would like it as much as I do.

theclaw135

Banned
Ghostwire Tokyo might be nice to have.

What about the other Prime offerings? I doubt being free on Epic could get me excited for Football Manager, eh.

Susurrus

Already have Tandem on Prime and Xbox, but what's one more place?

Evil Within 2 I already got free to redeem on GoG, probably via Prime, but again, why not get it again? Especially since I only have the first game on Epic thanks to last week's.

Next week has FIST, which is a repeat, and Turnip Boy, which I played via Prime already and enjoyed.

Next week has FIST, which is a repeat, and Turnip Boy, which I played via Prime already and enjoyed.

They removed F.I.S.T., only Turnip Boy is free now.

From now till the 9TH of November:

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Just in case I'll add the hyperlink for F.I.S.T., so that you guys can check on your end whether this is paid now or it's just a bug/they haven't made it gone free/live yet.

It shows "in library" on my account because it's a repeat.

They removed F.I.S.T., only Turnip Boy is free now.

From now till the 9TH of November:

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion

Just in case I'll add the hyperlink for F.I.S.T., so that you guys can check on your end whether this is paid now or it's just a bug/they haven't made it gone free/live yet.

It shows "in library" on my account because it's a repeat.
Doh! I missed FIST. I think I already have it from Amazon Prime though. I heard Turnip Boy i pretty good.

Wildebeest

Anyone wondering where their Prime game for today is, it should be Rage 2 Deluxe for Epic, but they messed up, and it wasn't redeeming if you already had the base version of Rage 2.

Susurrus

Anyone wondering where their Prime game for today is, it should be Rage 2 Deluxe for Epic, but they messed up, and it wasn't redeeming if you already had the base version of Rage 2.

Maybe they fixed it, I was able to add the Deluxe edition to my library after already having Rage 2.

Top Bottom