• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

Susurrus

Hopefully they get round to fixing it for people who already claimed it.

Check to make sure it didn't work then. On the Rage 2 store page, scroll down to Editions, it says "In Library" for me for both Rage 2 and Rage 2 - Deluxe Edition. It doesn't seem to be a separate game in your library.

khn3WFg.png

Wildebeest

Check to make sure it didn't work then. On the Rage 2 store page, scroll down to Editions, it says "In Library" for me for both Rage 2 and Rage 2 - Deluxe Edition. It doesn't seem to be a separate game in your library.
That was the problem. It doesn't say owned there. It claimed but didn't add anything, saying "something is wrong".

Wildebeest

I don't know anything about the game but looks like it might make a nice Steamdeck install.

Does anyone know if Heroic Launcher is still the goto Epic Game store on Steamdeck thing? Or is there something better or newer?
No harm in trying it on Heroic, but it looks like it has a Linux native version on Steam. Heroic is just a simple frontend so who really cares if there is something else.

I don't know anything about the game but looks like it might make a nice Steamdeck install.

Does anyone know if Heroic Launcher is still the goto Epic Game store on Steamdeck thing? Or is there something better or newer?

Don't have a SD, waiting for 2nd revision.

Friend has it and she uses Heroic all the time for EGS. If you don't want to "add as a non-steam game" that is.

It gets the job done being a frontend, like retroarch for basic barebones emulation.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
The Heroic launcher is fantastic—fast and lightweight. While Steam consumes 750-1000MB of RAM and pushes my old ass CPU hard, Heroic uses a maximum of 250MB.

When using Steam's 'add as a non-Steam game' option, it starts Epic's launcher in the background, if I recall correctly. However, Heroic eliminates the need for these extra launchers and operates as an independent store.

You can automatically add games downloaded from Heroic to Steam as non-Steam games if you prefer.

I'm currently enjoying(adding to backlog:)) over 200 free games from Epic, along with 75 from Amazon and 25 from GOG. Don't miss out on these freebies guys, although some of the latest ones aren't that great.

Generic

The Heroic launcher is fantastic—fast and lightweight. While Steam consumes 750-1000MB of RAM and pushes my old ass CPU hard, Heroic uses a maximum of 250MB.

When using Steam's 'add as a non-Steam game' option, it starts Epic's launcher in the background, if I recall correctly. However, Heroic eliminates the need for these extra launchers and operates as an independent store.

You can automatically add games downloaded from Heroic to Steam as non-Steam games if you prefer.

I'm currently enjoying(adding to backlog:)) over 200 free games from Epic, along with 75 from Amazon and 25 from GOG. Don't miss out on these freebies guys, although some of the latest ones aren't that great.
Can I play Fortnite on a Steam Deck?

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Can I play Fortnite on a Steam Deck?
Probably not. I heard that anti-cheat programs don't work on Linux/SteamOS. Only games using VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) like CS and Dota work on Linux; I'm not entirely sure if they work on Steam Deck either.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Till the eve of the new year! Don't forget to login everyday to claim the new game.......only to discover you already have it from two years ago giveaway!
The format seems different this year, but they don't announce what they are doing, I mean, why would they.

T-Cake

Have we had any leaks or guesses as to what today's first mystery game might be?

I've heard it could be a Syberia game.

Wildebeest

Have we had any leaks or guesses as to what today's first mystery game might be?

I've heard it could be a Syberia game.
Nothing solid. Before it wasn't so vague as the image they used on the wrapper was direct from the game. I've seen guesses that Doom or Fallout 4 might be one of the games, and they seem as good as any.

Wildebeest

Leaks say there are more free games this year than last year.

Coupon this year is 33% so, in this sale you can get Alan Wake 2 for 50% off, if you want.

I guess with recent Fortnite numbers and the court win, everything is coming up Sweeny.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might use this for that new Avatar game if they let me. Would be my very first Epic Game store Buy,
Brings the price down to $46.89, not bad

manfestival

I put 100 hours into DNF Duel around launch and the game is fantastic. Got up to terranite rank and could've easily broken into the top 300 at the time if I grinded out some more. Especially knowing one of my buddies did and I could beat him. The community should be decent for a short period of time with this boost.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
This is a really cool game, unfortunately it has no cross play, the also completely abandoned it after release so it died quickly.
They recently started updating it again, but without a cross play update, it's still going to be a bit dead in the water.

Top Bottom