• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Episode VIII is "The Last Jedi"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

OH FUCK!

Please don't kill Luke!

:(

Honestly, and I feel kind of morbid saying this, I think Carrie Fisher passing away means Luke is safe. I don't think they'd kill off the original trio especially since audiences are going to be really sad seeing Leia one last time in Episode 8 and then dealing with her loss in Episode 9.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Episode 3: The Jedi get butchered.
Episode 5: There's one Jedi left.
Episode 6: The Jedi Return.
Episode 7: The Jedi get butchered.
Episode 8: There's one Jedi left.
Episode 9: The Jedi return.

Raptor

Hopefully Rey is Luke's daughter and she dies and the movie is Last of the Mohicans style.

With Luke returned as a Jedi and be the Last of the Jedi.

Circle complete.

"Force. Fair warrior goes to you. Swift, straight and unseen like arrow shot into sun. Let him sit at Counsel Jedi Temple of our people. For she is Rey, my daughter. My fire, his ashes. Your fire, is bright. Now, all my clan is there, but one. I, Luke Skywalker, Last of the Jedi."

Oh my...

Lebron

Nope. April 13th.

Lucasfilm never does anything all that important on May the 4th, it seems. They don't really have to, because it's more or less a (badly titled) fan phenomena as it is. Everyone's gonna be doing all the heavy promotional lifting for them. Usually if they do something it's really light and fluffy. Nothing strongly tied into promotions.

So yeah, April 13th, you're probably getting the first teaser for The Last Jedi
Was hoping for a surprise Super Bowl reveal, but SWC makes more sense.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
swqpbhn.png

I suppose Luke could mantle the role of Obi-Wan as a force ghost. Perhaps you-know-who could as well?

A CGI Sebastian Shaw, could that work?

Woorloog

Banned
Yay - this moral black/white bullshit will finally end.

Are Gray Jedi technically Jedi?

Gray Jedi (as a term) is not canon at the moment (i think, some Lucasfilm guys have expressed disliking the term previously). EDIT Or i may be mixing this with "Dark Jedi".
As a concept, no, they're not Jedi.

Also, Star Wars is built on black and white morality, and even if dips into gray at times, i reckon it won't stray from black and white in the end. Nor should it.

graffix13

I'm going to take a stab that it means Luke, and that he really is the last Jedi as we know them. Whatever Rey becomes will be part of a new order, or no order at all.

This is what I am hoping.

Vader was the last Sith and Luke is the last Jedi. Rey goes on to create a hybrid of the two orders.

Cool. Although the titles seem to be decided later on in the process, so it's relationship with the story can really go any direction.

Vader was the last Sith and Luke is the last Jedi. Rey goes on to create a hybrid of the two orders.

The story group seems pretty against the idea of The Dark Side, But For Good.

I wish they'd stop calling the series "the Skywalker saga" over and over. This seems very limiting for the future new people coming in wanting to offer up interesting directions for Star Wars.

Anyway, not feeling that title.

JSevere

wasn't expecting the red logo, looks fucking cool

Kinda funny that two movies after "Return of the Jedi" we're back to "The Last Jedi." they just can't catch a break

Anth0ny

don't kill luke

don't kill luke

don't kill luke

they can tease the death of the legend, just don't do it. worked really well in Creed.

sphagnum

Banned
I wish they'd stop calling the series "the Skywalker saga" over and over. This seems very limiting for the future new people coming in wanting to offer up interesting directions for Star Wars.

Anyway, not feeling that title.

The episodes are about the Skywalkers, everything else is about whatever. They can always do future trilogies that aren't given episode titles.

Surfinn

Cool. Although the titles seem to be decided later on in the process, so it's relationship with the story can really go any direction.
Rian Johnson said recently that he actually had this title picked a long time ago, I believe in the first draft of the script even.

Trago

They better give Luke the most badass master Jedi kick ass scene ever printed to film.

And don't fuckin kill him!

Pejo

It'd be really awesome if Rey dies, and then Luke goes all revenge mode on the empire again. Bait and switch baby!

I'm not buying this immediate leap to "Luke must die then!" Like other have said, Jedi is a plural noun. Or they could be creating a new group, just like the Sith are gone, but there are still evil forces users.

wasn't expecting the red logo, looks fucking cool

Kinda funny that two movies after "Return of the Jedi" we're back to "The Last Jedi." they just can't catch a break

The Episode 6 title can be thought of as the "Return of the 'Last Jedi'", since Luke started being the "Last Jedi" in that movie... And technically he's still the "Last Jedi", so it's not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom