• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Erdogan Urges Turks Across The EU To Have Many Kids & "Become The Future Of Europe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

YOU ARE THE FUTURE OF EUROPE'

nintchdbpict000309774141.jpg

Turkish President Erdogan tells Turk migrants to have as many kids as possible to ‘get revenge’ on the West

Power hungry leader urges Turks in EU to have massive families and increase migrant population.

TURKISH President Recep Erdogan has called on his countrymen and women who have emigrated to the West to have loads of children and become the “future of Europe”.

Erdogan made the comments while campaigning for a referendum to give him more presidential powers.

The Turkish leader urged the immigrants in European countries to have big families to “fight the injustices of the West”.

He said: “Go live in better neighbourhoods. Drive the best cars. Live in the best houses.

“Make not three, but five children.

“Because you are the future of Europe.

“That will be the best response to the injustices against you.”

Erdogan has spent the past week slamming European nations — especially the Netherlands and Germany— after Turkish ministers were stop from carrying out campaign meetings there as part of his referendum to gain more powers.

Some 2.5 million Turkish citizens living in Europe are eligible to vote in elections in their homeland.

But millions more people living in western Europe states have Turkish roots.

Enraged at not being allowed to stage rallies, Erdogan has this week threatened to tear up a key migrant deal with the EU that is currently holding back a tide of migration from the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/31212...an-tells-turk-migrants-to-have-many-children/

jelly

Lol, what a lunatic.

How about people just live their life in whatever country they reside and ignore your stupid ass.

Worth to note that he's encouraged all Turks to have "at least three children" before.

Funnily, many poor families already DO have 3 or more children while it's the richer, secular class that keeps to 1-2 kids.

Caayn

can we get another source aside from one of the worst hate-mongering tabloids in Britain?
NOS, a large reputable news outlet in the Netherlands has an article about this.

This isn't the first time that Erdogan has said something like this either. Last year he called birth control not okay because women are meant to have lots of children and Islamic families shouldn't be worried about family planning.

Erdogan's actions are generally that of someone in a crumbling position who thinks he's a chess grandmaster. He keeps fucking himself into a more precarious situation.

As if the low-educated, religious and/or conservatives of the world not already outbreed everyone in all parts of the planet.

Not all are bad people obviously but it's the main reason they will keep having enough relevancy to ruin everyone else's life.

Ogodei

Like Putin, Trump, and Duterte he wants to encourage the rise of the far-right globally so that the "liberals" will get off his back about what he's up to in Turkey, and also remove examples of what thriving liberal democracies look like so that his people have nothing to aspire to beyond him. So he makes these comments that play right into Le Pen (et al)'s hands.

this reminds me, whatever happened to the receipts turkey was supposed to provide wrt Gulen's involvement in the coup attempt?

Like Putin, Trump, and Duterte he wants to encourage the rise of the far-right globally so that the "liberals" will get off his back about what he's up to in Turkey, and also remove examples of what thriving liberal democracies look like so that his people have nothing to aspire to beyond him. So he makes these comments that play right into Le Pen (et al)'s hands.

That's how I read as well. He's saying exactly what the western right wing wants to hear.

18-Volt

Even outside of Turkey Turks idolize Erdogan.

He has a strong influence on Turks living in Europe.

Only Emirdag migrants. Huge percentage of Turkish migrants in Europe actually come form same town, Emirdag. They didn't actually migrate to Europe, back in sixties, after the town's extremist religious behavior, Turkish army kinda "deported" the them to Europe.

Remaining Turkish migrants, including myself, tend to be more left leaning. Turkish diaspora in UK and France are not even ethnic Turk, most of them are Anatolian Kurds.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
As an extremely insecure and petty autocrat who spends most of his time trying to punish anyone who is mean to him, Erdogan is basically the past of Europe.

It´s hilarious that Erdogan accuses Europe of Nazism yet he is talking about using a Nazi tactic to increase Turks. The man is a walking contradiction.

Dierce

Stupid right wingers propping up other right wingers. I'm sure most Turks living in the EU hate this tyrants guts.

Steel

Banned
this reminds me, whatever happened to the receipts turkey was supposed to provide wrt Gulen's involvement in the coup attempt?

Same thing that happened to lock her up and Obama's wiretap.

Actually, tons of people actually got put in jail for being "gulenists", so I shouldn't falsely equivocate, but still.

Slo

The "immigrate and outbreed" tactic isn't going to work when your scouts get culturally conquered every time they leave the mother land. Raising the kids in a Western culture is only going to raise more Western kids.

Lifeline

The quote doesn't sound as bad as the title. He's just telling people to live lavish lifestyles, not outnumber the white people.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The quote doesn't sound as bad as the title. He's just telling people to live lavish lifestyles, not outnumber the white people.

Nah, people are reading this right.

He's not saying what you're saying he's saying. Why would you seriously give Erdogan the benefit of the doubt? The man is awful.

Zaru

The "immigrate and outbreed" tactic isn't going to work when your scouts get culturally conquered every time they leave the mother land. Raising the kids in a Western culture is only going to raise more Western kids.

It's not that easy. Quite a lot of people in Europe with turkish roots seem to be unable to drop their allegiance with their homeland. It's why Erdogan is even doing politics in other countries in the first place - they're still practically his constituents and would even march for him. Turkey is also clearly intentionally sabotaging the process where countries that don't allow dual citizenships need info about people that also still own turkish passports (a process that worked better before Erdogan)
That's not even getting into the fact that turkish enclaves are often big enough to isolate themselves in their own subculture, and since many of these families originally came from the poorer, more religious and conservative regions of Turkey (as guest workers that ended up staying), they're even behind a lot of people in urban Turkey (e.g. Istanbul) when it comes to western values.

Lifeline

Nah, people are reading this right.

He's not saying what you're saying he's saying. Why would you seriously give Erdogan the benefit of the doubt? The man is awful.

I don't know the guy and I'm not giving him anything. I just read the quote in the OP and it sounds like he's telling Turkish immigrants to not be poor and live lavish lives instead.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I don't know the guy and I'm not giving him anything. I just read the quote in the OP and it sounds like he's telling Turkish immigrants to not be poor and live lavish lives instead.

The children quote is what we're discussing.

It's not plausible, given everything else he's stated, to give him the benefit of the doubt at all. Zero chance he didn't mean what we all think he means there. It's freaking Erdogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom