• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Trump: Ivanka influenced Syria strike decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to will myself to believe she didn't actually influence his decision.

The Telegraph said:
Eric Trump has said he is "sure" his sister Ivanka used her influence over their father to encourage the US president to launch military action against Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

Donald Trump ordered air strikes against a Syrian air base last Thursday night in response to a chemical weapons attack by the Assad regime on Tuesday that killed at least 87 people including more than 30 children.

“Ivanka is a mother of three kids and she has influence. I’m sure she said: ‘Listen, this is horrible stuff,’" Eric Trump told the Telegraph.

“My father will act in times like that. And by the way, he was anti doing anything with Syria two years ago. Then a leader gasses their own people, women and children. At some point America is the global leader and the world’s superpower has to come forward and act and they did with a lot of support of our allies and I think that’s a great thing.”

Eric Trump is not involved with the administration and is currently running the Trump Organization in his father's absence along with his brother Donald Trump Jr.

"I stay out of politics and I stay out of the administration, but you can tell he was deeply affected by those images of the children," he added.

LordOfChaos

Eric Trump said he could tell his father was "deeply affected" by the images of injured children in the aftermath of the chemical weapons attack, in Idlib province, north-east Syria.

Maybe someone should orchestrate world vision commercials on the channels he watches to bring back the world development funding he's cutting, since we've come to that :/

Or is he only interested in helping kids so long as it involves dropping bombs.

"I stay out of politics and I stay out of the administration, but you can tell he was deeply affected by those images of the children," he added.

"Very sorry about your situation. Dont come here though. Here are some bombs, find some cover."

The actual motivation is quite clear...

Politico said:
“If there was anything that Syria did, it was to validate the fact that there is no Russia tie,” Eric Trump told The Daily Telegraph during an interview at the family’s Trump Turnberry golf resort in Scotland. Russia, the most powerful ally of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, has condemned the U.S. missile strikes and been critical of the U.S. president for ordering them.
Couldn't be more transparent

This kid is either going to get a pat on the back or run through a literal grinder at the white house. Knowing how reality works now it'll be the former.

shira

AR NU KWEEN
107a00e26fbd059ea3a7f76bc6b2b33907231b1f.gif

Socreges

Banned
Goes to show how fucking insular and stupid Eric Trump is. That he believes this is positive speculation. That this wouldn't concern people greatly, but instead warm people to Trump and his family by showing how compassionate they are.

Socreges

Banned
He's saying she probably told Donald this was terrible because she has children.

Pretty harmless quote.
No. What Ivanka purportedly said is harmless. But Eric Trump's idea that her saying anything may have influenced Trump would be very concerning... if not also untrue.

riotous

Banned
No. What Ivanka purportedly said is harmless. But Eric Trump's idea that her saying anything may have influenced Trump would be very concerning... if not also untrue.

He's not even claiming he knows she influenced him; he's just portraying Trump as a concehnrd father and grandfather. Meaningless babble to me.

Dude Abides

Banned
This was also reported on Slate's Trumpcast I think. Not sure if it's also based on Eric's statements.

I'm not sure which is worse, if Trump did it because he didn't want to look like Russia/Assad's bitch or because the TeeVee gave him a sad.

Amazing that he even thought it's a good idea to share this.

The Trumps must live in a total bubble.

Of course they do, both the kids and Donald. It's what happens when you grow up wealthy. They live in a different reality from most people.

Edit: It's also why Trump is very likely convinced that all people would love him if not for partisan politics and the media. His world is that far removed from reality, it's the definition of delusion.

I'm thinking she has a lot of influence in the White House. With the demotion of Bannon last week she's clearly in her fathers ear.

rhandino

Banned
"See dear, I did as you asked! I showed them all that I am not a puppet! Now you would remove the latch of your door as you promised, right?"

donaldgross.gif

EloKa

should we add "my daughter made a sad face" to the list of reasons why somebody started a war? Would totally fit in there between "they have assassinated our king" or "we wanted to dominate the world"

SKINNER!

Banned
The Trumps must live in a total bubble.

You clearly never read Ivanka's shitty book.

Her shitty book The Trump Card said:
When Ivanka was a kid, she got frustrated because she couldn't set up a lemonade stand in Trump Tower. ”We had no such advantages," she writes, meaning, in this case, an ordinary home on an ordinary street. She and her brothers finally tried to sell lemonade at their summer place in Connecticut, but their neighborhood was so ritzy that there was no foot traffic. ”As good fortune would have it, we had a bodyguard that summer," she writes. They persuaded their bodyguard to buy lemonade, and then their driver, and then the maids, who ”dug deep for their spare change." The lesson, she says, is that the kids ”made the best of a bad situation." In another early business story, she and her brothers made fake Native American arrowheads, buried them in the woods, dug them up while playing with their friends, and sold the arrowheads to their friends for five dollars each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom