• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN Baseball (Xbox) League?

Fifty

NOT ME!

(feel free to hold this quote against me if I give in and purchase it due to peer pressure in a few days/weeks)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Madden is owning my soul right now, but if we are all in for a good size league I will join.. havent bought a baseball game in 5 years...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Fifty

Ugh, you guys sicken me. Matrix, report back on the SIM game (not the retarded "counter move" and Slam zone shit) and maybe I'll get it.

Ramirez

I'm torn!It sounds like it's just a arcadey type game,but Matrix says its good enough for leagues so I'm tempted to still pick it up...well it doesn't matter either way right now because none of the stores have gotten it yet :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Its no MVP,I'm not sure what anyone was expecting with this game,but its better than I thought it would be,not great,but fun enough for league play.

Its not nfl or nba bad...atleast not yet,but I havent played enough.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AHHHH. Now everyone is buying this game? I just went and bought MVP so I could play online with teh GAF crowd.

Matrix

True,calm down :p ...most people are not buying espn or are having second thoughts about it.

You bought the right game :)

Matrix

I call Astros! :p

Mrbob

Ahhh shit I can't believe this.

I'm in and I get the Cubs.

This league better not die or Konex owes me 20 bucks!

Cloudy

Banned
After testing it out for a while, I think Allstar is a better setting cos the scores aren't always 1-0, 2-1 etc. Allstar seems just right (not 10 runs or anything crazy but 4-5 run games aren't so hard to get like in Legend) so I re-made the league :p

league = gafallstar
pass = espn

Just sign in again :)

konex let me test some sliders and recreate the league. i will do this for a few reasons:

1. sliders are needed but i have to see which
2. i want to do 3 day limit for advancing games. no offense but if you are commish you will let the weeks drag on waiting for people, and interest will be lost like all other espn games :D
3. i think we should do a longer schedule than 16 games. there is an option of up to 40 games a season, that is what i would prefer but i dont know what everyone else would
4. i'm around more than you, so as commish i could advance the league quicker if everyone finishes before the deadline

for these reasons and more elect me as your commissioner!

Fifty

I'll probably get the game on monday, and join......but I have a few suggestions that would make it much better.

1.) Let FMT be the commish

2.) If sliders can only be set when you create the league, wait a bit.......We wouldn't want to play 5 games, have 35 to go, and realize there's a major problem that we can't fix

3.) Make sure slamzone is off (if you can't turn it off, no way)

4.) Have a schedule with series', not just one game and move on. It would be easier to schedule with whoever you're facing, and it would be more realistic...not to mention that you'd get to know the team(s) you're facing.

Cloudy

Banned
1. sliders are needed but i have to see which

I think we should play this season out then figure out what we wanna change

2. i want to do 3 day limit for advancing games. no offense but if you are commish you will let the weeks drag on waiting for people, and interest will be lost like all other espn games

I set it to 4 and I'll be firm this time

. i think we should do a longer schedule than 16 games. there is an option of up to 40 games a season, that is what i would prefer but i dont know what everyone else would

I increased it to 24 when I made the 2nd seaon. I'm a bit wary about upping it for now

4. i'm around more than you, so as commish i could advance the league quicker if everyone finishes before the deadline

My sched is back to "normal" now so that won't be a problem.

Truth be told, I have no issue with you or anyone else being the admin but I don't want this to end up like NFL Season 2. I'd like the admin to continue to be enthusiastic about the game regardless of any "bugs" we encounter and no offense but you EA fans don't have a great track record with ESPN leagues.

i agree w/fifty. lets play the game for a week or so, and then everyone can give their input as to which sliders are needed

p.s. slamzone can and will be turned off

EA fans don't have a great track record with ESPN leagues.

show me an ESPN League for a game that didn't have game-crippling gameplay AI/Bugs (not "just bugs") that i or any other EA fan was admin for. you can't!

p.s. i already told you this before, but our madden leagues have been incredibly smooth and problem-free (minus bog!). i would run mlb 2k5 as madden is run

also, your sched is never back to normal when the lakers are playing :D see friends, i dont even watch basketball!

Mrbob

4? That's too damn long.

With 16 games that is over two months!

The best way to keep a league alive is to keep it moving!

Ramirez

Four days is too long dude,I almost lose interest in Madden and that is 3 days,3 should be the deadline.I also want a 40 game season,but I don't know how many of you would want that :|

Fifty

I want that, and as I said, I'd join......but it's crazy to start something that massive without giving some time to test the sliders. Konex, if you're in such a hurry maybe you can organize a tournament to give everyone time to figure out any slider changes.

Cloudy

Banned
The reason I didn't go the max to start is so we can know what to change for season 2. 16 games seemed to short so I went to 24.

As for the intervals, if everyone has played and one game is left, I'll advance...

show me an ESPN League for a game that didn't have game-crippling gameplay AI/Bugs (not "just bugs") that i or any other EA fan was admin for. you can't!

I'm sure you'll find something in MLB too while EA games remain perfect :D

Cloudy

Banned
if you're in such a hurry maybe you can organize a tournament to give everyone time to figure out any slider changes.

Or we could just play the 24 game season and default and decide on any changes after that. I've played sevral games and I don't see anything that needs to be tweaked. Hell, FMT doesn't even know what sliders he wants to adjust...

I think it'll be fine, dudes.... :)

Top Bottom