• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eternal CCG is in open beta and on Steam

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
If anyone was wondering if the chest upgrade can proc twice... it can. Had a Silver turned into a Gold and then turned into a Diamond.

I solemnly swear to not complain about chests again... until at least April. Mark it down.

rickyson1

If anyone was wondering if the chest upgrade can proc twice... it can. Had a Silver turned into a Gold and then turned into a Diamond.

I solemnly swear to not complain about chests again... until at least April. Mark it down.

it can proc 3 times even,can definitely go bronze>diamond

it's about a 1/10 chance for upgrades so 1/100ish for two and 1/1000ish for three

Wok

Drawing from the opponent's deck, stealing his units to attack him, and sacrificing my units in order to draw cards when he casts spells to kill them is fun.

People deliberately wasting time or having bad manners is infuriating though. I don't know if I can handle it.

pick 1 shimmerpack in draft let's fuckin go

went 6-3, last deck was this dumb as fuck Stonescar deck that drew Torch, Suffocate, Combust, Execute, and double Rapid Shot. Like...what?

rickyson1

this game can be so frustrating

*draft an amazing deck*

"yeah this is going 7 wins easy"

*easily get to 4-0*

"yeah this is going 7-0"

*stuck on 3 power with opponent also randomly pilfering my ice sprite and siraf both of which I could have played,feln deck with nut draw,influence screw*

"well okay then 4-3 it is"

Shai-Tan

Banned
1.15 patch notes

https://www.eternalcardgame.com/for...es-servers-are-currently-down-for-maintenance

A few promo cards (yeti themed?), some bug fixes, no balance changes, Android client in beta on Google Play (or it will be)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.direwolfdigital.Phoenix

Wump.jpg

Wump_Party_Starter.png

Supporting a Yeti tribal deck I guess.

Wok

1.15 patch notes

Copy-pasta:

Holiday Promo Card
Promo Cards have returned for the holidays! Your first win of the day in Ranked will earn you 1 copy of Wump, Party Starter! Earn your four copies of Wump between now and January 9th! After that, both the regular and premium versions will be available to craft.

Card Fixes

Snipe now displays VFX for its target during the response window.

Rampage now displays VFX for its target during the response window.

Scourge of Frosthome should now correctly prevent West-Wind Herald’s infiltrate ability and Privilege of Rank’s discard trigger.

Copying North-Wind Herald should now maintain the same effects and influence costs as the original, returning to a cost of 6 at the end of the turn.

Brazen Daredevil should no longer attack the enemy player from the void if she was killed in response to her attack.

A stolen Oblivion Spike should now correctly update based on its new owner’s void.

If both players have a Steward of the Past that dies at the same time, both should now become silenced instead of only one of them.

Argenport Instigator should now correctly damage its owner if it was killed by an opponent’s Combust.

Serpent Trainer will no longer lose its infiltrate if it fails to create its 2/2 flying due to being at the unit cap.

Morningstar should now correctly export in deckbuilder.

Hellfire Rifle should now correctly deal the 3 damage to the opponent if it is killed in response.

Playing the same unit twice by returning it from the void should now correctly trigger Vault of the Praxis.

Vault of the Praxis will now correctly draw a card if you play two Ambush units on your opponent’s turn, even if you played two units on your last turn.

Feln Cauldron will now continue to create spells if your hand is full and discard them to the void.

Ice Sprite should no longer remain visually linked to its target after it has been silenced.

Feln Cauldron will now correctly create the five spells if replayed after being sacrificed.

Fixed1979

Been playing around on the mobile client for most of the morning. It's working very well and is nearly a 1:1 representation of the full client. Definitely worth the download.

Played against CreepinDeath and LocoPojo over the past couple days, they were both running jank decks so it really wasn't a good match in either case, but still pretty neat to run into guys you see on Twitch.

Now back to building a Yeti deck.

Fewr

Good news about the open beta. I'll check it out (if my terrible phone can handle it)

Is this the OT for the game?

JSR_Cube

Good news about the open beta. I'll check it out (if my terrible phone can handle it)

Right now I am pretty sure it is. I think someone should make one though with a FAQ for beginners.

It works well on my Nexus 6P although the interface is a bit small.

Shai-Tan

Banned
yeah, feel free. I don't have it in me to create a good one with images.

Right now I'm just doing dailies and grinding a little bit to collect the Combrei legendaries. I've got 4x Sandstorm Titan, 4x Mystic Ascendant, 3x Siraf, still need 1x Siraf, 4x Marshall Ironthorn, and maybe 2x Vodakhan for fun in a greedy version. Most of the legendaries I opened not crafted are crap like Curiox, The Collector (somehow managed to get that in 4x)

Fewr

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but what's the difference between this and hearthstone?

I'm no expert at all on these games, so apart from the obvious differences in game mechanics I couldn't tell.

I'm interested in the advanced gameplay, grinding aspects and overall feel of it, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but what's the difference between this and hearthstone?

I'm no expert at all on these games, so apart from the obvious differences in game mechanics I couldn't tell.

I'm interested in the advanced gameplay, grinding aspects and overall feel of it, etc.
Sure, the biggest differences are:

1) "Land" system, called "Power" and "Influence" in Eternal. You're not guaranteed mana every turn and this can lead to a lot of frustration but it also allows for a lot of deck expression. Think of "Influence" as class-specific mana. Imagine you needed Rogue mana to play Rogue cards and Mage mana to play Mage cards, but you can have a deck that plays both Rogue cards and Mage cards by supporting it with Rogue and Mage mana.

2) You can perform actions on your opponent's turn, and they can perform actions on your turn.

Fixed1979

I'll do some work on an OT if someone is interested, I was going to suggest just waiting until it's out of beta but who knows when that will actually end up being.

A few other notable differences.

As the attacker you only choose what units attack, the defender player gets to assign which units can block, once the blocking is assigned the attacker determines how it's attacking units damage is distributed among the chosen blockers.

Weapons don't have durability, instead they have an armor value. Attacking or getting attacked by a unit removes this armor, but if you hit them in the face no armor is lost. A rarely used and pretty uncommon thing to see is that spells can also take on (some) weapons abilities, I watched a good example of this list night where a The Last Word was played then on the following turn it was procced and lightning storm with "fatal" was cast clearing the board for TLW to hit face for leathal (against a guy who had like 36 health and 20+ armor at the time). I'm honestly not sure what other weapons effect spells...

EDIT: You can also check out Numot Gaming for their "Eternal Primer for the Hearthstone Player". www.numotgaming.com/eternal-primer-hearthstone-player

If you can play HS on your phone you should be fine with this, it's also like 1/16 of the size of the hearthstone download.

Fewr

Guys, thanks for the responses.
I've done a few tutorial rounds, and I noticed a bit of the stuff you mentioned. I'll see if I have time for this game in the future. I'll try to at least play for a while on weekends to get used to it.

Master gauntlet. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing though lol

edit:
Did they soften up the last boss in gauntlet? I've gotten 2 in a row that weren't completely lopsided and beat both.

Shai-Tan

Banned
maybe. I got master in gauntlet easily playing clockroaches. I remember in closed beta the last boss was always something ridiculous but I didn't play it enough to know if it was more difficult or I was just unlucky the few times I did play it. Getting master in forge seemed easy as well.

maybe. I got master in gauntlet easily playing clockroaches. I remember in closed beta the last boss was always something ridiculous but I didn't play it enough to know if it was more difficult or I was just unlucky the few times I did play it. Getting master in forge seemed easy as well.

Some of the bosses are much much easier compared to other ones. Maybe I just got lucky and got easy bosses. The multifaction one starts dropping bombs early on though and if your deck/hand doesn't have hard removal, you just lose really quickly.

I've been really enjoying Eternal. I got bored of Hearthstone around when Karazhan came out and I'm really glad I found out about Eternal recently as I wanted to play something closer to MTG without sinking a ton of money into MTG.

I'm working towards a Rakano Warcry deck as that seems to be the easiest and most effective deck to put together for new players. Are there any other decks around those lines (Stonescar Burn seems to be one I see pop up a lot)?

I've been really enjoying Eternal. I got bored of Hearthstone around when Karazhan came out and I'm really glad I found out about Eternal recently as I wanted to play something closer to MTG without sinking a ton of money into MTG.

I'm working towards a Rakano Warcry deck as that seems to be the easiest and most effective deck to put together for new players. Are there any other decks around those lines (Stonescar Burn seems to be one I see pop up a lot)?

Yeah, Stonescar Burn can be played without legendaries. 2x Soulfire Drake is common, but those can be replaced.

Qvoth

got into master gauntlet like last week, have a decent rakano deck without crafting anything, all cards were from packs won from rewards and quests
silver ranked currently
still haven't touched forge and draft at all

i think they should've made the last bonus for beating master gauntlet a 100% card pack chest like the rank up reward, currently it's the same silver chest, so there's actually less reward for clearing master gauntlet compared to earlier ranks :/

JSR_Cube

i think they should've made the last bonus for beating master gauntlet a 100% card pack chest like the rank up reward, currently it's the same silver chest, so there's actually less reward for clearing master gauntlet compared to earlier ranks :/

I know what you mean, but I bet that they don't want someone farming master gauntlet too much.

You should try Draft and Forge. They are a lot of fun.

Nordicus

The wonders of Bronze 3. Got such a durdley match that this 7-drop was the only minion I summoned the whole fight and he soloed the encounter

I got 3 legendary cards in the same draft. I wonder what the chance was.
Didn't check a calculator but I think it's 1/250 (I think the chance of getting a legendary in any pack is 1/10?) if we don't count people passing on off-color legendaries on their first pick.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the chance for 3 top tier legendaries?

Probably astronomically small!

Nordicus

What's the chance for 3 top tier legendaries?

Probably astronomically small!
I only see 2 in Wok's draft!

Tho Deepforge Plate is surprise bomb if you want to stomp all over opponent's board with Rakano before Icaria. (although usually people would just run direct damage burst)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just started playing this - hits the spot in a way Hearthstone never did.

Is this eventually coming to iphones?

Just started playing this - hits the spot in a way Hearthstone never did.

Is this eventually coming to iphones?

Not sure about iPhones but I know its out already on Android tablets and hopefully soon on iPad. Love this game, but being stuck to playing only on my PC has been painful. Checking everyday for that iPad date announcement.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Not sure about iPhones but I know its out already on Android tablets and hopefully soon on iPad. Love this game, but being stuck to playing only on my PC has been painful. Checking everyday for that iPad date announcement.

honestly if they want to "make it", phone releases are a must

Shai-Tan

Banned
apparently from a Game Informer article:

-game should be out (of beta) this spring
-some cards from the next expansion were spoiled (subject to change obviously)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EternalCardGame/comments/5n2kbf/new_next_expansion_cards_spoiled_from_game/

Jekk, the Bountry Hunter
Rare
6FJ (Rakano)
Quickdraw. Summon: Silence and Stun an enemy unit.
6/4

Combrei Emissary
Rare
3TJ (Combrei)
You can play an additional power card from your hand each turn.
2/2

Cabal Spymaster
Rare
4PS (Feln)
4/4
Your Units can Infiltrate any number of times.

Hari Seldon

I'm real glad I saw this thread yesterday. Downloaded it last night and could not stop playing. My CCG experience is limited to HS, but I am aware of Magic mechanics and this game is SOOO much better than HS with all of its depth.

Nordicus

I'm real glad I saw this thread yesterday. Downloaded it last night and could not stop playing. My CCG experience is limited to HS, but I am aware of Magic mechanics and this game is SOOO much better than HS with all of its depth.
Nice to hear you're enjoying it! Have you tried drafting yet? At one point you should get a free ticket as quest reward

ViviOggi

I've been waiting for signs of the expansion, played Eternal quite a bit and while what's there is a great foundation the existing deck archetypes aren't enough to hold my attention past the 100 hour mark. Hopefully we'll see new combo decks too, rip in peace Clockroaches and Party Hour

Fixed1979

The issue with Apple devices is that the Itunes store won't allow postings for beta programs. So until it's official release it'll be android only. My Note3 finally died Sunday and I picked up a new Iphone yesterday so I'm now in the same boat, feels bad.

Rumblings about the mini-set coming this month which would be awesome. No word on the amount of cards included (5-100), 3 of which will be the spoiled ones which we'll get images of on Friday.

Wok

I have tried to imitate the Rakano Plate deck which I have found online and... wow... it is much stronger than my previous decks, despite the fact that I am missing some cards and had to replace them for what I had.

4 Finest Hour (Set1 #130)
4 Inspire (Set1 #129)
2 Light the Fuse (Set1 #6)
4 Oni Ronin (Set1 #13)
4 Torch (Set1 #8)
2 Champion of Glory (Set1 #314)
4 Crownwatch Paladin (Set1 #139)
4 Rakano Outlaw (Set1 #20)
3 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Sword of Icaria (Set1 #315)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
2 Hammer of Might (Set1 #170)
1 Navani, Warsinger (Set1 #323)
2 Righteous Fury (Set1 #322)
4 Rise to the Challenge (Set1 #320)
1 Deepforged Plate (Set1 #317)
1 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
6 Fire Sigil (Set1 #1)
7 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)
4 Diplomatic Seal (Set1 #425)
4 Rakano Banner (Set1 #427)
4 Seat of Glory (Set0 #56)

This card is a game changer:

wpZsJ5K.png

The two other top decks suggested on the website both require 4 Sandstorm Titans... and I have none.

Top Bottom