• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (3DS) Review Thread

I have this coming in tomorrow from Amazon, decided to toss gift credit I had lying around at it. First EO I'm picking up physical since EOIII, as I only got around to EOU and the excellent EOIV in belated cheap dl form. Finally time to swap out MH4U and give it a rest.

My Amazon order is delayed. What's the free DLC I'd be missing in the first week?

Just a quick question. Would the first Etrian Odyssey Untold be a good spot to jump into the series? I played a bit of the first game (like 2 hours) way back in the day on my brother's DS, but never invested fully in a game.

Just a quick question. Would the first Etrian Odyssey Untold be a good spot to jump into the series? I played a bit of the first game (like 2 hours) way back in the day on my brother's DS, but never invested fully in a game.

Go ahead and play EO1 (assuming you don't mean Untold)

It's rough compared to more recent entries, but for me it's the game that made me love the series. Everything that makes the series fun is there. If you would rather a more modern one I'd have to recommended EOIV.

EO Untold 2 might be a great place to jump in as well. That would give you the option of premade characters vs creating your own team.

First week free is the Highlander class and the Hot Springs. Former will be only a buck later on, while the second will be $2.50. The classic portraits are apparently set to always be free.

Thanks!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Sure. But honestly you can jump into any of them to start. EO3 or 4 are great don't forget about those.

4 is the best starting point.

You can also get 2 Untold tomorrow or any other game in the series.

Weebos

Banned
I'm actually surprised the scores are as high as they are.

Sure, they're from smaller and more niche sites, but I still expected more in the 7-8 range.

I'm excited for tomorrow.

Can we preload this? I'll have to find out tonight.

Top Bottom