• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] mega psn sale, 330+ games/dlc, includes PS2 (ps4) games

Saoshyant

I haven't been able to buy anything from the web store for the past month or so. I always leave a couple of days between each try and it never works. I've no idea why it keeps happening or how to solve it.

Now I'm resorting to buy from the consoles themselves which is a problem. Like, last night I wanted to buy UNIEL (PS3) and Rogue Galaxy (PS4) from this Easter sale (that ends today). I had to turn on the PS4 to buy the latter and, because I can't buy PS3 stuff from the PS4, I had to hook up the PS3.

Because the PS3 store is such a great experience, I first had to upgrade it (10 minute download), pray that it didn't crash while I tried to add the game from within the sales page (the search function couldn't find it), and then I was shown a message saying that since I hadn't used the PS3 in a long while I couldn't buy from there without giving information about an old, expired credit card I had associated with my account. So off I went to the web store to remove said card, then close the PS3 store, reopen it again, so I could finally use Paypal to buy the thing.

So much fun... I just want the web store to work again for me.

I haven't been able to buy anything from the web store for the past month or so. I always leave a couple of days between each try and it never works. I've no idea why it keeps happening or how to solve it.

Now I'm resorting to buy from the consoles themselves which is a problem. Like, last night I wanted to buy UNIEL (PS3) and Rogue Galaxy (PS4) from this Easter sale (that ends today). I had to turn on the PS4 to buy the latter and, because I can't buy PS3 stuff from the PS4, I had to hook up the PS3.

Because the PS3 store is such a great experience, I first had to upgrade it (10 minute download), pray that it didn't crash while I tried to add the game from within the sales page (the search function couldn't find it), and then I was shown a message saying that since I hadn't used the PS3 in a long while I couldn't buy from there without giving information about an old, expired credit card I had associated with my account. So off I went to the web store to remove said card, then close the PS3 store, reopen it again, so I could finally use Paypal to buy the thing.

Buy prepaid cards. That's the only known solution that 100% works.

Sony doesn't want you top use other payment methods for some reason, plenty of people get that error for no reason.

Lain

I had to give up on Tokyo Twilight because I only got a 20€ PSN card but managed to get Operation Abyss. Hopefully for the next sale the problem with purchases will be gone on my account.

Saoshyant

Buy prepaid cards.

But I don't want to use prepaid cards! It's one of the reasons why I bother buying very little with my US account, because I always have to pay more than what I actually need to spend at a given time. This is a very archaic system, the sort of thing people made snide comments about when it came to the X360 and the Wii back then.

Why would the console own internal stores allow me to buy things fine, but the web store won't? That's the actual mystery to me, especially when I had been using the web store for years just fine. And, yes, I know it isn't just me, which makes it the more frustrating, since you imagine someone at Sony would have heard of the issue by now, investigate it, and sort it out eventually.

WITHE1982

Hmm, to get Bloodborne or not to get Bloodborne.

There's only two types of people in this world - Those who own Bloodborne and people who are wrong. Which are you boy?

Go for it. You'll not regret it...
you'll definitely regret it as you die 1000 times and begin to savour every single death

Debated grabbing Pirate Warriors 3 but the Season Pass isn't on the EU store? Only US? That's really odd. Oh wait sales over? Damnit, I waited ages for a price drop on that.

Kuraudo

Banned
Lone Survivor isn't crossbuy. I bought it on PS3 but still shows up for purchase on PS4.

Think I'll finally grab Hotline Miami 2 at that price.

GeeTeeCee

AC Freedom Cry good? Would rather get the Standalone one though.

If you liked AC4 then you'll probably enjoy Freedom Cry, as it doesn't exactly push the boat out in terms of new mechanics or gameplay.

The AC: Syndicate season pass is still a little much for me, but I might well grab the Jack the Ripper dlc on its own, unless that Last Maharaja pack is also good? I was genuinely surprised by how enjoyable the main game was.

oni-link

AC Freedom Cry good? Would rather get the Standalone one though.

I enjoyed it, it's just more AC4 though, but there are a few nice tweaks to the mechanics, and the music is great

It's short though, took me 5 and a half hours, but if that sounds good to you, go for it

Hmm maybe I should get the Artorias DLC so I can get the platinum trophy even though I already have the game on PC and last time I played it on PS3 was like 4 years ago....it's only 3,89€!

Hmm maybe I should get the Artorias DLC so I can get the platinum trophy even though I already have the game on PC and last time I played it on PS3 was like 4 years ago....it's only 3,89€!

I'm pretty sure Artorias didn't add any trophies at all. Prepare to Die Edition didn't require DLC stuff for trophies at least.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
If you liked AC4 then you'll probably enjoy Freedom Cry, as it doesn't exactly push the boat out in terms of new mechanics or gameplay.

The AC: Syndicate season pass is still a little much for me, but I might well grab the Jack the Ripper dlc on its own, unless that Last Maharaja pack is also good? I was genuinely surprised by how enjoyable the main game was.

The Last Maharaja is pretty good and totally worth it at that price. It's pretty much a greatest hits collection of the best types of missions found in the main game. The story is kinda weak though

Yoshi88

all the tropico stuff is on sale

Finally, been missing two of the DLCs but couldn't afford to shell out yet another 20€+ for another campaign and some buildings.

Although the DLCs are quite good in their own right (new music!!) and good campaigns in a city builder are a rare sight indeed. They are just way overpriced, especially when the base game already dropped significantly.

SomTervo

You need to give it five working days, mate. An entire week. 7 days.

Finally, been missing two of the DLCs but couldn't afford to shell out yet another 20€+ for another campaign and some buildings.

Although the DLCs are quite good in their own right (new music!!) and good campaigns in a city builder are a rare sight indeed. They are just way overpriced, especially when the base game already dropped significantly.

yeah, Tropico is an amazing series

Is there a way of filtering all games that have an extra PS+ discount? My sub is expiring and I want to see what might be worth picking up before it runs out. Did a quick scan through PSPrices but not sure if that's the best way to go about it.

notaskwid

Is there a way of filtering all games that have an extra PS+ discount? My sub is expiring and I want to see what might be worth picking up before it runs out. Did a quick scan through PSPrices but not sure if that's the best way to go about it.

I think that if you use the PC store and go to the psplus section, you can find everything that is discounted with plus.

Sakujou

Banned
i have to say the store on vita, ps3 and ps4 as well as on desktop simply suck.
they suck up a lot of bandwidth, do not show everything properly and in the end, somehow some results do not get displayed.

the old ps-store on ps3 was working so much smoother :(

i would recommend to do everything over the desktop-shop, and then simply hit the download button on your console since the ps3/vita seem to have a lot of trouble to connect to the store.

thats what i usually do.

bought drive club, and didnt regret it.

i played it vanilla, when it was released, the game now with its season-pass as well as all the patches is really awesome. 10€ well spent!

Top Bottom