• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] mega psn sale, 330+ games/dlc, includes PS2 (ps4) games

Bishop89

a few more discounts added as per psblog

PS4:

Destiny: The Taken King
Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition
Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition
Evolve
Evolve Digital Deluxe
Evolve Ultimate Edition
Fallout 4
Just Cause 3
Just Cause 3 XL Edition
Lego Marvel’s Avengers Deluxe Edition
Lego Marvel’s Avengers
NBA 2K16
NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition
NBA 2K16 Starter Pack
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition
The Elder Scrolls Online – 1500 Crowns
The Elder Scrolls Online – 3000 Crowns
The Elder Scrolls Online – 750 Crowns
The Elder Scrolls Online – 5500 Crowns
Warframe: 1000 Platinum + Rare Mod
Warframe: 170 Platinum
Warframe: 2100 Platinum + Dual Rare Mods
Warframe: 3125 Platinum + Triple Rare Mods
Warframe: 370 Platinum
WWE 2K16
WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3:

Destiny: The Taken King
Destiny: The Taken King – Digital Collector’s Edition
Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition
Lego Marvel’s Avengers Deluxe Edition
Lego Marvel’s Avengers
NBA 2K16
WWE 2K16
WWE 2K16 Digital Deluxe Edition

PS Vita:

Lego Marvel’s Avengers

All discounts run until 6th April 2016

Sakujou

Banned
should i buy driveclub?

i like arcade racers, but iam sort of burned. i am only awaiting dirt rally which will be released in 2 weeks....
are there still updates? how hard is the game in general? is it hard to unlock everything?

Bishop89

should i buy driveclub?

i like arcade racers, but iam sort of burned. i am only awaiting dirt rally which will be released in 2 weeks....
are there still updates? how hard is the game in general? is it hard to unlock everything?
its a really great game with a LOT of content (if you get the season pass).
Even if you dont there is still quite a bit of content.

Graphics are great,
Controls are some of the best I've played for an arcade racer.

Can be a bit of a grind to unlock stuff. Everything is unlocked via leveling up so you just have to race race race.

No problem.

I think I might pick up Evolve. $16 AU is dirt cheap, and im sure I can get a bit out of the game.

The concept is essentially one of my dream games, so I dont think it could be that bad.

nope still not buying anything yet till the last minute. still hoping sony would send us codes or something. WIll still pick up bioshock 1 & 2 and telltale collection

I've had my eye on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for a while now, so I finally picked those up. I want to get SOMA and The Talos Principle, too, but I feel like those games are still a little too rich for my blood, even with their sale prices.

Which one of Witcher 3 and DA: Inquisition should I pick up? Really want a great open world rpg to explore, but haven't played any other games in either of those series.

Is FFX Hd a good place to start for someone who has never played Final Fantasy?

It's probably the best entry point for the series and JRPG's in general.

Which one of Witcher 3 and DA: Inquisition should I pick up? Really want a great open world rpg to explore, but haven't played any other games in either of those series.

Witcher 3 and it ain't even close.

You might need to watch a YouTube video or two anyway to catch up on the basic story beats because both are 3 games deep in a series but witcher is such a better game in every possible way.

Dragon Age Inquisition is way too grindy. Story is a bit of a mess. Side quests are mostly fetch quests with no story.

Witcher 3 isn't perfect but gosh... its a special game. If you want a really big game full of alot of well made stuff it is a must.

Memory

I'd say get DA:I first then Witcher 3 after I'd you I tend to get both eventually. I prefer DA:I but most people think W3 is a better game especially if your new to both series.

They play totally different though so its hard to compare Imo, It will be hard to play and lime DA:I after W3 if you love W3 for sure, so just get W3 if you only intend to get one.

u_neek

Is FFX Hd a good place to start for someone who has never played Final Fantasy?
Sure, but it's not the best FF ;)

As others have said, it's a great entry point to the series and still feels somewhat modern compared to the PS1-era titles.

Asparagus

I really fucking hate PSN. It's slow, it struggles to load videos, it crashes when trying to view screenshots and sometimes even when trying to access the store itself. Some games don't even have a basic paragraph telling you what said game is about and the PS1/2 classic section seems to have just disappeared. They have lost so much money from me over the years where I've foolishly tried to use it and eventually just given up in frustration and today's no different.

Bedlam

Fuck, bought Evil Within finally only to find out that the German version has no English voice track. Only Italian, Geman and French. WTF, Bethesda? How is this shit still a thing?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really fucking hate PSN. It's slow, it struggles to load videos, it crashes when trying to view screenshots and sometimes even when trying to access the store itself. Some games don't even have a basic paragraph telling you what said game is about and the PS1/2 classic section seems to have just disappeared. They have lost so much money from me over the years where I've foolishly tried to use it and eventually just given up in frustration and today's no different.
Never have this problems, maybe somethinga wrong ln your side?

should i buy driveclub?

It is a good game and easily worth the sale price. It looks great as well so it is a good "showcase" game to show your friends.

Lucreto

I have short listed the games I want to buy but can't narrow it down any further.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Rogue Galaxy
Mass Effect
KNACK
Unravel
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC
Dark Chronicle
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Dark Cloud

I am thinking will I have time to actually play these games or will it be another instance of me buying games and not playing them.

Fuck, bought Evil Within finally only to find out that the German version has no English voice track. Only Italian, Geman and French. WTF, Bethesda? How is this shit still a thing?

why would you buy german psn version instead of retail uk from many store for same price?

I have short listed the games I want to buy but can't narrow it down any further.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
Rogue Galaxy
Mass Effect
KNACK
Unravel
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky SC
Dark Chronicle
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Dark Cloud

I am thinking will I have time to actually play these games or will it be another instance of me buying games and not playing them.

Unlike many of the games in that list, Unravel is decently short and utterly amazing, so get that no matter what!

Bedlam

why would you buy german psn version instead of retail uk from many store for same price?
I don't think stores in Germany are selling retail UK versions. I only get those via Amazon usually.

However, it would've been easy to buy the UK version on PSN but I didn't because I'd never guessed that a missing English voice track is still a thing these days.

YomommaZ

For the sake of your sanity please stop accessing PSN through the console and start using a web page through the PC.

Which version of drive club to get?

There's a ps+ upgrade and full game with season pass. The latter is slightly more expensive.

I have the neutered ps+ version.

Which version of drive club to get?

There's a ps+ upgrade and full game with season pass. The latter is slightly more expensive.

I have the neutered ps+ version.

Season pass is where it's at, so whatever the cheapest version you can get that at. Not sure if they did an upgrade+pass option or if it was just full game and pass.

What amazes me is that loading up the store is basically a toin coss as to whether it will actually work or not. Like, there's zero guarantee it won't just say "Please wait" and a damn rotating circle.

Shaneus

Managed to nab the GTA Trilogy and Vice City Stories for PS3 before the sales ended yesterday (in Australia), for $30AUD. Pretty happy with that price, even if some music is missing from the PS4 GTA ports.

radaxian

Managed to nab the GTA Trilogy and Vice City Stories for PS3 before the sales ended yesterday (in Australia), for $30AUD. Pretty happy with that price, even if some music is missing from the PS4 GTA ports.

Sadly the PAL region PS4 releases of PS2 games are the original PAL versions in 50Hz output scaled back to 60Hz through some crude frame bending (because the PS4 can only output in 60Hz). It's not the end of the world, but it's worth knowing that the US store releases are the original NTSC region 60Hz versions and therefore output directly as is at 60Hz on the PS4, so run more smoothly.

Some of the PAL region PS2 games supported a 50/60Hz switch within the game, and could therefore be output at 60Hz on the PS4 via this option - however the PS4 releases of these games were hard fixed at 50Hz and suffer the same frame blending as those that never had 60Hz support. Sony has since patched a few of them to be fixed in 60Hz mode (instead of 50Hz blended up to 60Hz), but this only works where the original releases supported 60Hz to begin with (the GTA games did not as far as I know).

Still - agreed it was a nice sale!

Shaneus

Sadly the PAL region PS4 releases of PS2 games are the original PAL versions in 50Hz output scaled back to 60Hz through some crude frame bending (because the PS4 can only output in 60Hz). It's not the end of the world, but it's worth knowing that the US store releases are the original NTSC region 60Hz versions and therefore output directly as is at 60Hz on the PS4, so run more smoothly.

Some of the PAL region PS2 games supported a 50/60Hz switch within the game, and could therefore be output at 60Hz on the PS4 via this option - however the PS4 releases of these games were hard fixed at 50Hz and suffer the same frame blending as those that never had 60Hz support. Sony has since patched a few of them to be fixed in 60Hz mode (instead of 50Hz blended up to 60Hz), but this only works where the original releases supported 60Hz to begin with (the GTA games did not as far as I know).

Still - agreed it was a nice sale!
Oh damn. I read about that but figured it must've been patched (or something) so they would work fine. Hopefully it's not too game breaking.

I thought the GTA games were actual conversions and not that PS2 emulation thing they did with the Star Wars titles. See how this pans out, I guess.

radaxian

Oh damn. I read about that but figured it must've been patched (or something) so they would work fine. Hopefully it's not too game breaking.

I thought the GTA games were actual conversions and not that PS2 emulation thing they did with the Star Wars titles. See how this pans out, I guess.

No the GTA trilogy is PS2 emulation same as the Star Wars games, and a bunch of others they've now released (Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud/Chronicle etc)

Lain

Just tried to purchase a couple vita games on the store from my PC, and I keep getting an error about them not being able to complete my transaction now and to try later. Anyone else had such a similar error?

softie

Just tried to purchase a couple vita games on the store from my PC, and I keep getting an error about them not being able to complete my transaction now and to try later. Anyone else had such a similar error?
yes, sometimes it's necessary to just logging out and in again or clear the browser cookies.

Lain

yes, sometimes it's necessary to just logging out and in again or clear the browser cookies.

Did that and more (changed browser too) and still unable to purchase.
I guess no Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Operation Abyss for me.

Did that and more (changed browser too) and still unable to purchase.
I guess no Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Operation Abyss for me.

What payment method are you using? If it's anything other than existing store credit you might be caught in Sony's fraud detection for reasons no one knows. Your only option is using pre-paid cards for a while then.

Lain

What payment method are you using? If it's anything other than existing store credit you might be caught in Sony's fraud detection for reasons no one knows. Your only option is using pre-paid cards for a while then.

My prepaid CC (tried paypal too but same result). So the only way would be for me to get a PSN card? Annoying.

My prepaid CC (tried paypal too but same result). So the only way would be for me to get a PSN card? Annoying.

Yeah. You could also wait a day or two (don't try in the meantime, it will reset the timer), but that's cutting it close with the end of the sale

Top Bottom