• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PlayStation Plus in 2013: All the games

I have to say that i've been more than satisfied by PS+ in 2013.it'll be hard to do better than this year , but you can try to , SCEE.

Kinyou

I don't understand why anyone would complete a game if they aren't enjoying it. If I'm not liking a game after the first hour or so I'll put it down and never touch it again. Just as I did with Mafia 2.
Well, there was some potential there, and the devs were obviously focusing on the story so I wanted to see where they were going with it. Didn't expect that the story basically stops halfway through

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
As do I (subbed since day 1), but the people that have only started recently won't have access to everything - so a single PS+ umbrella containing all of the games that have ever been made free on the service will just provide many people with games that they don't actually own.

I'm not sure what the ideal scenario is. Personally when I "buy" games via PS+ I also put a bookmark to that games Metacritic page in my bookmarks so I know what I have still to play.
He's talking about your download list being that, not a page for everyone.

I just use this spreadsheet to see what free games have been available for PS+ in NA because the download list is useless.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Is there a similar spreadsheet for EU PS+? I'll add it to the OP if there is one.

He's talking about your download list being that, not a page for everyone.

I just use this spreadsheet to see what free games have been available for PS+ in NA because the download list is useless.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Is there a similar spreadsheet for EU PS+? I'll add it to the OP if there is one.
Exactly. And the reddit page is the resource I usually consult

http://4x.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/wiki/list/fulleu

apotema

Does anyone from outside Europe have EU PS+?

How can I buy a year of PS+?
Does their store accept credit cards from other countries? Namely Mexico?

The saving you can get on a PS+ membership if you buy in a year bulk is kind of crazy. Might have to sink £40 if I get some Christmas money...

Duster

This image is pretty useful given that PSN is shit for browsing the content you have access to. Just one giant list, full of online passes, DLC, apps and themes. No way to search or filter (afaik).

Kinda embarrassing that an image does a better job than your interactive web store.

Yeah I recently got a Vita (largely thanks to PS+) and going through a list of 200 odd items on my PS3 trying to remember which ones were Vita games was about as clunky as it gets. I don't even have that many additional items (DLC, demos, apps, themes, online passes etc) apart from those that game with PS+ so I dread to think how long some people's download lists are.

But oh well it's a relatively minor complaint about what has been a fantastic service over the past year.

elektrixx

Banned
With the exception of the games I bought beforehand, I purchased all of them and played none.

That's the secret about PlayStation Plus. If you waited on a game to be free, you probably never wanted it. If you're lowering your standard of cost, then you're also lowering your standard of quality.

Gaaraz

Sigh, I've got "Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content" set to No but it's just renewed anyway... is there anyway to tell it NOT to auto renew at all?!

Fuzzy

Sigh, I've got "Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content" set to No but it's just renewed anyway... is there anyway to tell it NOT to auto renew at all?!
Vita: start the store > click "..." bubble > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS3: PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS4: Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.

So if I was to join now, which games (if any) would I get off the list?
Each region is different, check the web store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Rolf NB

Binary Domain was a replacement for Sleeping Dogs(?) in Germany IIRC.
I have a German PSN account and I have neither Sleeping Dogs nor Binary Domain. I'm pretty sure I've "bought" every PS+ game diligently. Do we know when these two were supposedly in the PS+ IGC?

edit: Febuary 2013 according to reddit.

So if I was to join now, which games (if any) would I get off the list?

GRID 2, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Guacamelee (PS3) Contrast (PS4), Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (Vita). On the 24th all of those with the exception of Guacamalee will be removed and Devil May Cry, Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice (Vita) and Blazblue (Vita) will be added. And on January 8th Don't Starve for the PS4 will go up.

Gaaraz

Vita: start the store > click "..." bubble > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS3: PSN > Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.
PS4: Settings > PSN > Account Information > Services List > PlayStation Plus > PlayStation Plus (says "Subscription" next to it) > click to turn it off.

Each region is different, check the web store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
Thank you, I'll give this a try - shame there's no way to do it via the web store though

Fuzzy

Thank you, I'll give this a try - shame there's no way to do it via the web store though
I looked and didn't see a way but you could always delete your payment info from the website. Once that's deleted they can't auto-renew anything because there's no way to charge you. Also, remember to always turn off auto-renew whenever you manually renew your subscription because they turn it back on when you do so.

Donos

I have a German PSN account and I have neither Sleeping Dogs nor Binary Domain. I'm pretty sure I've "bought" every PS+ game diligently. Do we know when these two were supposedly in the PS+ IGC?

edit: Febuary 2013 according to reddit.

German PS+ here. Grabbed Binary Domain in february and enjoyed it more than Vanquish. Then i instantly made a UK account to use a 30 days trial to download Sleeping Dogs :)

Rolf NB

German PS+ here. Grabbed Binary Domain in february and enjoyed it more than Vanquish. Then i instantly made a UK account to use a 30 days trial to download Sleeping Dogs :)
I don't know how I missed this. I check every Wednesday evening like clockwork. Even when I moved and had no usable internet at home. I just used the web store, at work.

I actually have a disc copy of Binary Domain, so I don't really have a reason to complain :)

Atolm

Hopefully one of these months they will put Binary Domain for everyone. I want to play it, but I don't care enough to look for a retail copy or buy it on a sale. It's another Remember me case for me.

Gaaraz

I looked and didn't see a way but you could always delete your payment info from the website. Once that's deleted they can't auto-renew anything because there's no way to charge you. Also, remember to always turn off auto-renew whenever you manually renew your subscription because they turn it back on when you do so.
Thanks Fuzzy :)

Wasp

I think SCEE have made a mistake in that image. It was the Vita version of MotorStorm RC that was on PS+ not the PS3 version, right?

sono

It is no doubt excellent value

I think the best games in 2013 for PS3 was Remember Me and for Vita Gravity Rush

Top Bottom