• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN discounts: Batman Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Retro titles & more

Ekid

Yup classic RPG goodness.

Never got very far into III, but II is a fantastic JRPG, while I is essentially a prologue to II. I is a short (6-8h) game but you can import your save into II, which adds additional scenes.
Short version: get them all.

Arc the Lad 2 is incredible. GAF just always passes it over for no reason.

Bought :).

When I see the number of PS1 games I own on my Vita, I'm really disappointed that's SCEE didn't manage the store better than this. So many gems missing is pretty upsetting, especially for Sony own games (Legend of Dragoon...).
And it's such a waste that the Vita can't run PS2 games....

Phantom Brave for 4€, I'm tempted, really liked this one on PS2.

gelf

Hows Shinobi on PS3? I've had mixed fortunes with the performance of the PS2 classics on PS3 so I'm wary.

Bought Ape Escape Portable; Gangs of London; Jumping Flash; Mana Khemia Student Alliance & Syndicate Wars.

Some mixed quality in there I know, but there all things I've been eyeing up for quite some time.

You know, we need another great PSN compatibility trip so I can get some of this stuff on Vita.

Card Boy

Banned
That's what you get when you don't give your fans a discount for buying basically the same (expensive) game.

Same way i feel. Game is a rip compared to the original game. I know it includes DLC characters but come the fuck on Lab Zero, Capcom didn't raise the price of Super, AE or Ultra SF4 because it had more characters.

How silly would it be to buy Arkham Knight when one's not finished (but have played some of) the previous games?

Actually, never mind. I'll hold off for the GOTY ed. Maybe the first games will have been remastered by then.

Bishop89

Who was the dumb fuckstick that redesigned the PS3 store so now there is no convenient PS1 or PS2 menu? As if that shitty place needed to be any more shittier. The PSN website is just as baffling.

games > discover > ps1 / ps2 era.

ps1 era does not work for me though, ffs

Tizoc

How are the PS1 versions of SF Alphas?

Eh get them off JP PSN, These would be 50 Hz and I really don't think it's a good idea to play them like that.
You can skip SFA1, but JP SFA2 on PSOne came with Super Turbo and that ver. is a good port IIRC.
All in all, get SFA3MAX for PSP/Vita, and avoid the PSOne 50 Hz SFA games to save yourself some frustration.

Hows Shinobi on PS3? I've had mixed fortunes with the performance of the PS2 classics on PS3 so I'm wary.

Shinobi PS2 has a 60 Hz option. Overall impressions are that it's a good action game.

Gaiaseed looks like a pretty cool shmup for £2 from this review.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz20vcWQP2g

Can anyone recommend it? Looks like my kinda thing, along with the Metal Slug games I don't have yet.

Hmm I asked ShmupGAF about it some months ago
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135751525&postcount=4665
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136428160&highlight=gaiaseed#post136428160

I think it's a love or hate it kinda game, but up to you 2 Quids ain't that bad a price I think.

Grabbed these PSOne games for my Vita:

- Vib Ribbon
- Rally Cross
- G-Police
- Alundra
- Gaia Seed

And for PS4:

- Tembo
- Peggle 2

For me, this is easily the best sale SCEE has ever had.

Also noticed Sega Mega Drive Collection seems to have gotten a secret (permanent?) price drop recently, so I'm considering that too. Jesus christ my wallet.

Sakujou

Banned
could someone update op's post with every discounted item from the sale?

the blog is aweful therefore wont fiddle around with that...

slightly interested in sleeping dogs for ps4.

EDIT: FUCK ME SLEEPING DOGS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE GERMAN STORE.

redcrayon

Hmm I asked ShmupGAF about it some months ago
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135751525&postcount=4665
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=136428160&highlight=gaiaseed#post136428160

I think it's a love or hate it kinda game, but up to you 2 Quids ain't that bad a price I think.
Thanks for the reply, I bought it and am really enjoying it.

Such a great sale. I picked up:

Arc the Lad I, II and III
Gaiaseed
Metal Slug
Metal Slug XX

For a total of £13.

A nice selection of the PSOne and PSP games that don't go on sale too often.

PaulLFC

Picked up Pursuit Force, Spyro Trilogy and also Terraria PS4 while it's so cheap.

It's a shame Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice apparently doesn't work on Vita or PSTV as I'd prefer to own the complete series, but as cheap as it is, I doubt there are any plans to improve the Vita's PSP compatibility these days so I assume there's no chance of it ever working.

There's four Ape Escape games in this sale, and I haven't heard of any of them apart from the PSP remake of the first game. I might buy that one, I'm not sure.

Never played a Suikoden game before. While it's sensible to buy the first installment and start from there, I'm mighty tempted to get 3 instead, since it has a giant duck dressed in a military costume. And that's awesome.

I dunno. There's so much to choose from, and I know that if I buy a bunch of stuff that I'll never get around to playing half of it.

There's four Ape Escape games in this sale, and I haven't heard of any of them apart from the PSP remake of the first game. I might buy that one, I'm not sure.

Never played a Suikoden game before. While it's sensible to buy the first installment and start from there, I'm mighty tempted to get 3 instead, since it has a giant duck dressed in a military costume. And that's awesome.

I dunno. There's so much to choose from, and I know that if I buy a bunch of stuff that I'll never get around to playing half of it.

You could just start with 3 since they're not really connected, and the duck people definitely are a good reason to do so, but you honestly should just get all three games. They're so cheap.

Is the Syberia collection a single download or does it download both games to the XMB individually?
Also, is Klonoa fixed now? I remember their being problems with it when it come out.

Tizoc

^It should be fixed that ish was like 2-3 years ago @_@

Tempted to get SMT3 now considering the rumours about PS2 compatibility on PS4

Still haven't bough SMT3 yet? Let me convince you more

KC4KgVE.jpg

Intel_89

Bought Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (didn't get it with Plus when they gave it) and I'm split between Jamestown+ or Tembo. Nom Nom Galaxy is on my list as well but I feel like it's going to be on Plus sooner or later.

You could just start with 3 since they're not really connected, and the duck people definitely are a good reason to do so, but you honestly should just get all three games. They're so cheap.

Yeah, but being JRPGs they're all long I bet, and there's no point splurging out if I'm never going to play all of them. I've got a bad enough backlog as it is.

Out of all curiousity, do all the games have silent protagonists?

I bought Ape Escape, it's a pretty good remake considering that it's based on a game that revolves around two sticks on a console that had one, and the levels are small enough to work as a portable game. Plus it looks good played on a PSTV.

Also, it's fun as hell.

shmoglish

I bought Ape Escape, it's a pretty good remake considering that it's based on a game that revolves around two sticks on a console that had one, and the levels are small enough to work as a portable game. Plus it looks good played on a PSTV.

Also, it's fun as hell.

So, the original Ape Escape is playable on vita?

Going to spent much money in this sale...

Yeah, but being JRPGs they're all long I bet, and there's no point splurging out if I'm never going to play all of them. I've got a bad enough backlog as it is.

Out of all curiousity, do all the games have silent protagonists?

Suikoden III doesn't, as it features three different protagonists.

Suikoden I is actually quite short for a JRPG, about 20 hours. And after you played 1 you probably want to play 2.
If anything you should skip III for now since it's the longest and has some rough edges, even though I love it just as much as II.

boswell22

This has probably been asked and answered many times so apologies in advance but...

Is it kind of assumed that at some point these games will be supported on PS4? I am interested in some but only if at some point they will be available on PS4.

Tizoc

This has probably been asked and answered many times so apologies in advance but...

Is it kind of assumed that at some point these games will be supported on PS4? I am interested in some but only if at some point they will be available on PS4.

You could just buy them at their discounted price since it's likely PS4 will get PS1 and PS2 emulation down the line.

Bishop89

those other ape escape games aren't main entries, they are nothing like the 3 numbered titles. Look up videos on youtube before diving in.

Tizoc

Look I'm just saying...say you blindly buy all them cheap PS2 and PSOne classics.
Then suddenly during the weekend
PSONE AND PS2 GAMES SHOW UP ON YOUR PS4 LIBRARY, you download them, find out that you can't play them BUT
you then have proff that PS1 and 2 emulation is coming.

Just saying.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Bought Suikoden, Suikoden 2 and Patapon 3 - and in the process discovered Patapon 2 is compatible with Vita again! Can't wait to revisit it.

Putosaure

How is the PSP Version? Playing this game with only one stick could be strange.

I kinda want it too.

But all I know is that the game has serious camera problems. But it stays fun and much more easy to master without the dual analog thing (which, for me, is all the matter of the game).

It's a bummer that the PS Classic is playable on Vita on the JP PSN.

Corrupt

How long has Syphon Filter 2 been on the EU store? Wouldn't be surprised if it's recent since it doesnt have Vita compatiblity yet despite the others being playable on it.

Shahed

I should really stop buying games. I don't like having backlogs and prefer to finish a game before I buy the next. I do that for every new and retail release. But for some reason that goes out the window when buying Classics digitally. In my backlog i have the following

Persona 1, 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment
Suikoden 1-3
SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Wild Arms
Breath of Fire 3 (PSP)
Corpse Party 1 and Book of Shadows
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Arc the Lad 1-3

And they're just the ones I remember off the top of my head. that will take me like a half a year minimum even if I don't get nay new releases. If they add PS2 BC and more Classics I never played like dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy and Shadow hearts get added...

Vespa

Amazing sale. Can I ask if anybody knows if the following are 60hz? I only know that Tomba 2 is.

Alundra - 60hz
Grandia - 50hz
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - 60hz
Ridge Racer Type 4 - 50hz
Tomba! - 60hz
Vib Ribbon - 50hz

EDIT: just read the previous page

Top Bottom