• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN discounts: Batman Arkham Knight, The Last of Us, Retro titles & more

shmoglish

I've only played the PS2 version, and I was useless at it, but I remember it being OK. I'd probably recommend the PC version of you can play it.
The original Gex was on sale on UK PSN, so it's stupid that it's not on other EU stores.

And again, thank you. Pc Version should be cheap and the hardware requierements not to high.
Gex is 4,99 in the german psn. That is not expensive, but I can wait.

oni-link

Out of interest has anyone completed Grandia on EU PSN? I grabbed it in the sale but now I'm kind of worried about those "broken and unbeatable" rumours, though google hasn't found much about it so I assume it's fine, but at the same time I don't want to sink 30 hours into something it I'm not gonna be able to beat it

Snowballo

I've played (and beated) The Last of Us on PS3.
I beated the DLC on PS4.
Then I sold my copy.

Should I buy the game just for the multiplayer?
How good is it (on PS4)?

Think I'm gonna grab Persona 1/2/3 to play on my Vita.

Wish 2 was on sale outside of the 2/3 bundle seeing I own and have played P3P on UMD, but it's fairly cheap so I'll live.

Never played 1 and 2. Sucks that 2 EP isn't on EU PSN though, will have to play on PS3 I suppose because I cbf changing accounts on Vita.

Went for:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS3/V)
Gradius V (PS3)
Persona 3 FES (PS3)
Wipeout Pulse (PSV)
Wipeout Pure (PSV)

Considering Suikoden but am completely new to the series. Are the first couple worth a look?

xrnzaaas

I've played (and beated) The Last of Us on PS3.
I beated the DLC on PS4.
Then I sold my copy.

Should I buy the game just for the multiplayer?
How good is it (on PS4)?

Depends on what you like. One of my friends has double dipped just to play the multiplayer on PS4 and he loves it. I've spent maybe 10 hours total playing multiplayer and had enough and never platinum'd the game because of that. Anyway if you'll like it you shouldn't be bored, because there's a lot to do with completing both journeys, leveling, unlocking new gear etc.

Tizoc

Went for:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS3/V)
Gradius V (PS3)
Persona 3 FES (PS3)
Wipeout Pulse (PSV)
Wipeout Pure (PSV)

Considering Suikoden but am completely new to the series. Are the first couple worth a look?
Hell yea they are
Also u should get dracula x chronicles as it is 3 games in 1

8,20€ in the wallet, what to buy?

Played Dino Crisis and the beginning in Legend of D. on my EU psn, bought the games in the US Store. You may be wrong.

It may just be the other way around. When I tried to play UK Suikoden+Suikoden II on an NTSC console with a US account it gave me an error saying it could not output at the chosen resolution. When I logged into the UK account they suddenly ran fine.

So I think EU accounts/consoles run NTSC/60HZ fine, but US accounts on US consoles will not run 50Hz, unless you swap accounts. Granted the whole thing took 30 seconds to fix.

Putosaure

Bought Spyro 2, surprise : not compatible with Vita, despite the fact that I bought the first one (which is not compatible with Vita anymore). The Triple Pack is compatible though. Seriously Sony, wtf.

Human_me

Bought Spyro 2, surprise : not compatible with Vita, despite the fact that I bought the first one (which is not compatible with Vita anymore). The Triple Pack is compatible though. Seriously Sony, wtf.

The whole Vita and PS1 emulation is a bit messed up.
I advise once you get a PS1 game on there (the vita) to not delete it.

Snowballo

Depends on what you like. One of my friends has double dipped just to play the multiplayer on PS4 and he loves it. I've spent maybe 10 hours total playing multiplayer and had enough and never platinum'd the game because of that. Anyway if you'll like it you shouldn't be bored, because there's a lot to do with completing both journeys, leveling, unlocking new gear etc.

Thanks!

is The Jak and Daxter Trilogy the one that they remade with much nicer graphics and such, or is it just upscaled to 1080p?

It's just a HD remake, so the original game but in 720p I think (it wasn't 1080p, but I can't remember if it was 720p or something stupid). There are some graphical glitches, such as a character model being completely black in one cutscene at the end of Jak II, and the Daystar (basically a second sun in the sky if you've never played it) in Jak 3 is missing, which is noticeable as a big part of the story is that it is getting closer over the course of the story. Gameplay wise it's mostly alright, with the main problem being the fact that when you punch there's a chance that you'll get flung in a direction other than the way you're facing.

It's a great way to play the trilogy, but I'd say the PS2 version is the best way to play it.

DapperSloth

It's just a HD remake, so the original game but in 720p I think (it wasn't 1080p, but I can't remember if it was 720p or something stupid). There are some graphical glitches, such as a character model being completely black in one cutscene at the end of Jak II, and the Daystar (basically a second sun in the sky if you've never played it) in Jak 3 is missing, which is noticeable as a big part of the story is that it is getting closer over the course of the story. Gameplay wise it's mostly alright, with the main problem being the fact that when you punch there's a chance that you'll get flung in a direction other than the way you're facing.

It's a great way to play the trilogy, but I'd say the PS2 version is the best way to play it.

I think it's better to buy the Jak Trilogy HD on physical disc, can't see to find the remastered games digitally, shame. They are a big improvement over the PS2-originals and the upscaled HD ones. To bad they are so damn expensive here in Sweden. A physical copy goes for 150 dollars!

Edit: Hmm now that I have read further about the HD edition it is in 720p and has included trophies. I think the one in the PS Store is the HD edition then? Needs more research! Off to the Tower!

Double-Edit!: Just found out that the Trilogy on Store is the originals made playable on PS3 with upressed graphics. The releasedate is 2012, the remaster wasn't done/released until late 2013. Oh well. On Amazon UK we go!

oni-link

So the first two Suikodens in the EU store are 50Hz?

Will it be a problem?

I played the 2nd game earlier this year, wasn't a problem at all, there is a run button so you can move around at speed, and the battle system is renowned for being fast (all 6 party members can attack at the same time)

I played the 2nd game earlier this year, wasn't a problem at all, there is a run button so you can move around at speed, and the battle system is renowned for being fast (all 6 party members can attack at the same time)

OK thanks, gonna go through and buy it!

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
bought tlou in the sale. owned it previously but at £10.59 i'd be mental to not grab it. gonna try the multiplayer later. i am prepared for a kicking...

Coming back to my love of the PS3 with a 1TB drive. My PS1, PS2 + PS3 HDD collection is heating up.

Bought - Castlevania: SOTN, Alunda, Suikoden I + II, Pandemonium 1 + 2, Tomba, Klonoa and the game they started the series - Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. I hope it's good, the perspective might throw me off.

Now I have to make a decision on how realistic it is that I'm going to have the time to play any of the SMT games if I buy them all.

Currently sitting in my basket are:

The Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (PS3|PSV bundle)
The Sly Raccoon Trilogy (PS3|PSV bundle)
The Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition

Hovering over that checkout button. Someone push me over the edge.

Currently sitting in my basket are:

The Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (PS3|PSV bundle)
The Sly Raccoon Trilogy (PS3|PSV bundle)
The Spyro the Dragon Trilogy
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition

Hovering over that checkout button. Someone push me over the edge.

the-art-of-li-wei-picture-8.jpg

I think it's better to buy the Jak Trilogy HD on physical disc, can't see to find the remastered games digitally, shame. They are a big improvement over the PS2-originals and the upscaled HD ones. To bad they are so damn expensive here in Sweden. A physical copy goes for 150 dollars!

Edit: Hmm now that I have read further about the HD edition it is in 720p and has included trophies. I think the one in the PS Store is the HD edition then? Needs more research! Off to the Tower!

Double-Edit!: Just found out that the Trilogy on Store is the originals made playable on PS3 with upressed graphics. The releasedate is 2012, the remaster wasn't done/released until late 2013. Oh well. On Amazon UK we go!

No idea if you've bought it yet or not, but the version on the PSN is the same as the disc trilogy HD Classic, and both were released in February 2012 in the UK at least. The only Jak and Daxter releases have been the PS2 originals, a PS2 bonus disc Trilogy Movie which was just the cutscenes of the games put together as a film with Daxter narrating it, and the PS3/Vita HD Classics version.

Top Bottom